Community_discussions_small  

Question

Suitcase or backpack?

27 Dec 2011 Megsy91 asked

Megsy91

Hi guys, I have never travelled before and am tossing up between a suitcase or a 75ltr backpack to take on my contiki. Any thoughts/advice?

Thanks

• 15 Mar 2012 jess said

Default_avatar

Depends, are you doing a hotel or camping tour? Hotel, take a suitcase because most hotels have lifts anyway. Your bag is on the coach for most of the time anyway so it doesnt matter all that much!

• 5 Jun 2012 chrisgayle885 said

Default_avatar

No idea

• 6 Jun 2012 Shakera said

Shakera

Backpack! :)

• 19 Sep 2012 Tpullin said

Tpullin

I had the same problem, with a suit case you have the problem of having your body weight shifted to one side constantly by pulling the bag. If you have a good quality back pack the weight is better distributed, so not as much stress on your back :)

• 4 Oct 2012 chrisgayle885 said

Default_avatar

When traveling away for a short trip, carrying hand luggage will not only save your time, but it also provide mobility. I generally find it easy to carry a backpack, especially if the goal is to explore a city and traveling in bus or train. On my last vacation, I went with a small backpack so that I could easily access frequently required things, and a medium size wheeled duffel for clothes, shoes, and additional suits. This backpack-duffel combo helps in mobility and keeps me organized. I bought the Eagle Creek Switchback a couple of years ago and for almost every type of trip (outdoor, cruise, air, etc.) I have used it. It’s extremely lightweight and an ideal luggage solution.

• 4 Feb 2013 Alex211 said

Default_avatar

Preferably a backpack is better if you are traveling light and for a short time. The advantages of this is that if you lose anything, you don’t lose much and moreover you get to know what exactly you have carried. If you intend to use a suitcase, use a small one.

http://travel-2-elsalvador.blogspot.com/

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion