Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Contrasts April 5, 2012 - who's joining?!

28 Dec 2011 Sperry asked

Sperry

Hey all, I have just booked in for the first European Contrasts tour for 2012 (April 5 - May 3) and can't wait! Only three months to go but it's going to feel like a lifetime!

Anywho... I'm looking forward to kicking off 2012 and the season of European Contrast tours with a bang (haha not meant in the literal sense, although, it's Contiki... who knows! Someone surely will!) and I'm excited to meet other travellers to sightsee, eat and drink and of course PARTY with (Tried and tested bus hangover remedies are going to be needed!).

Who else is booked on this tour? Would love to hear from you!

• 28 Dec 2011 Tyson91 said

Tyson91

Hi there! I just booked this tour last week & am so excited! Carnt wait to meet everyone and have a great time! Im looking to travel And explore Europe in 2012 & am kicking it all off with the Contrasts Tour. It’s good to hear from someone else who will be on the tour :)

• 28 Dec 2011 Sperry said

Sperry

Awesome, nice to meet you before the tour starts! How long are you traveling for?

• 29 Dec 2011 Tyson91 said

Tyson91

You too :). I’m starting my travels in Asia in a few weeks then heading over to Europe in the end of March and kicking it off with this Tour and staying on in Europe for another 5months or more to really see the countries and experience everything it has to offer. I’m a bit nervous at the moment though as I’ve never traveled on my own before so it’s going to be hard not knowing anyone but I’ve only here good things about the tour and traveling solo so that really helps. What’s your plans after/before the tour?

• 29 Dec 2011 Sperry said

Sperry

Wow, sounds amazing! Don’t be nervous, I’m sure you’ll be fine traveling alone! Bets are that you’ll meet people along the way who are heading in the same direction you are. I’m also starting my travels in Asia, although not going too crazy, just spending a couple of weeks in Thailand. On my way to UK I stop in Dubai for a bit and then get to London mid March, although plan at this stage is to head straight over to Ireland for St Pattys!! I have just got my visa for UK so all going to plan I’ll find a job in London after Contiki and then just travel whenever I can around from there. I definitely have plans to travel more but we’ll see how far my money takes me after Contiki before I make too many plans! haha

Sperry

I’ve just set up a facebook group for anyone on our tour, hopefully as we get closer we’ll start to see more people join!
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/160306984076546/?profile_pic_upload=1&success=1#!/groups/160306984076546/

• 29 Dec 2011 Tyson91 said

Tyson91

Yeah I hope so :) That’s great, sounds like you have similar plans to me. I had the option of stoping over in Dubai on my way to London as well, but I decide to skip because I was about worried being in the middle east alone :p. But it’s good to see your doing it. I haven’t got any set plans at the moment after the contiki but I’m hoping to meet some other travelers who are staying on in Europe for a while so that will be good :) Hopefuly some more people join the group before we head off, so excited for this trip!

• 29 Dec 2011 Valamagic said

Valamagic

I haven’t booked it yet but it’s the one i’m hoping to book!

• 29 Dec 2011 Elise said

Elise

Hey guys!! This is awesome just signed up to the contiki community i didnt know about it.
    Im looking at the European Contrasts Tour it looks awesome. So good to see a few people going already was nervous not knowing if anyone else is going. Was tossing up between this one and European Panorama.
    Are you guys travelling solo too?

Sperry

It’s cool huh – will be so nice to kind-of know some people right from the beginning! I’m traveling over to UK with a friend but doing Contiki solo, wanted to put myself out there and meet new people! :) The tour does look awesome, can’t wait!

• 31 Dec 2011 Valamagic said

Valamagic

I’ve booked now! Kind of excited already. Off to join the facebook group and add you guys. It’ll be nice to know some people before we get going i think.

• 1 Jan 2012 *~Rachiiee~* said

*~Rachiiee~*

Yay more people are coming on tour :) this is great news… im travelling solo from Australia stopping over in Singapore and Dubai on my way to London and i check into the royal national Hotel London on the 3rd of April gettin there early so i can do a little bit of sight seeing in London before we kick off the Tour… im so nervous travelling over there and back on my own but no doubt ill catch that travel bug and be setting off again… i have joined the facebook group you set up Sperry so ill have to talk to you a bit more about the UK visa i saw you mention as after this tour i really want to apply for one when i get back home maybe you can help me out and give me some good info :) well i cant wait to meet you all and have an absolute blast on this awesome trip and yes definitely starting off this new year with a BANG!! haha

• 1 Jan 2012 Sperry said

Sperry

Hi Rachael, sounds like theres a lot of us all doing really similar itineraries – looking forward to swapping stories! I’m heading to uk via Singapore and Dubai also and spending a couple of weeks in Thailand, how long are you in each place for? Those places work well with the time zones so hopefully will minimize jet lag too! When do you leave Oz? The visas really easy it’s just a lot of messing around with forms etc. if you have an English grandparent you can apply for UK ancestry so you can live and work in UK for 5 years. You just need original birth certificates, evidence of bank account funds etc, pretty standard. If you dont have an english grandparent you can get a visa for 2 years through the tier 5 youth mobility scheme :) I get to London mid March so if anyone will be there early too let me know and maybe we can get into the swing early!! Btw, hope everyone had a wicked NY’s!

• 1 Jan 2012 Valamagic said

Valamagic

i haven’t booked flights yet but i’m planning to spend a couple of weeks in the UK before the tour, so i’ll be around mid march. I know i’m spending at least a few days with friends who live/work in the UK but apart from that i don’t have any concrete plans yet.

• 4 Jan 2012 *~Rachiiee~* said

*~Rachiiee~*

Hey Sara wow sounds awesome I have an English grandparent and a German grandparent wonder if I can get that for Germany too? Although they are both not Alive so not sure how it works it but thanks for the great info I’ll have to do some digging around on the net tonight :) and I fly from OZ on the 2nd of April stop at Singapore then to Dubai for a few hours then land in
    London 3rd of April in the arvo so I’ll check into our hotel then… Then hopefully meet up with a few of you early birds :) and go see some London night life :) then I really want to spend the next day the 4th of April walking around the city seeing all the lovely old buildings and definitely shopping :) cannot wait to start shopping :) does anyone know what kind of clothes we should be bringing? I know it will be summer then but their summer compared to Australia’s summer would be completely different lol Im worried I’ll pack all summer clothes like shorts and singlets and then freeze my butt off but I dnt wanna pack heaps of warm long clothes and sweat my butt off lol… And I’m guessing a good pair of walking or running shoes will come in handy too???

• 11 Jan 2012 Explorer1346989 said

Default_avatar

Hey I only just booked the tour and flights on Tuesday, I’m traveling solo like most of you are which is good get to meet new people and get to know them before the big trip, I’ve asked to join your group before on Facebook , so if you want to ask me anything or talk to me just add me

• 12 Jan 2012 Valamagic said

Valamagic

Hey rach, i’m hoping to be in london by then too. I wasn’t planning to stay at the hotel until the night before though. (i wasn’t originally planning to be in london until that day). I really want to do some london sightseeing… well shopping… i hear there’s an indoor amusement park and a doctor who shop which i know some of my friends/family would hurt me if i didn’t go to. Oh and i kind of want to go to platform 9 3/4 :) i would suggest clothes wise, a couple/few pairs of jeans, a pair of leggings if you wear them, a pair of shorts, maybe 2 (or a skirt). And maybe a dress or 2. That’s what i’m thinking anyway. And yeah, i’m just gonna take my chucks for shoes, my havi’s and a piar of going out shoes i think. (i kind of love packing a lot so…) Oh and is anyone planning to stay around a couple of days after the tour? I’m gonna head to Belfast, they’re opening a huge tiatnic thing there (6 floors) at the end of march and there’s a bunch of 100th anniversary stuff going on from then until the end of may.

• 13 Jan 2012 pkitchin said

Default_avatar

Hey guys I just made my final payment for this… Been looking forward to it since September last year! Can’t wait

• 13 Jan 2012 Goeun Son said

Default_avatar

Hi! I’ve just booked the tour and im a solo traveler like you:). also it’s my first time to go to Europe, so im a bit nervous, though more excited as well to get to know each other before kicking off the trip. im really looking forward to seeing you guys!

• 13 Jan 2012 Valamagic said

Valamagic

Hey, i think it’s a first time in Europe for most of us so i wouldn’t worry too much! it’s definitely my first time, and my first time travelling alone, my only other trips overseas have been either school/parents.

• 21 Jan 2012 Caitlin said

Default_avatar

Hi all, another one to add to the group! Glad there’s so many travelling solo, I don’t feel so nervous now :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion