Community_discussions_small  

Question

london pass is it worth it?

14 Jan 2009 cat asked

Default_avatar
im going to be in london a week early befor my tour to do some sightseeing,is getting a london pass worth? also which is better travel card or the oyster card?
  • 14 Jan 2009 Bobcat said

Default_avatar

Hey I’m an Aussie and have been living in London for 1month now. The Oyster cards are fantastic but it will all depend on how much travel your going to do??? Check out visitbritain.co.uk I hope that helps…

• 14 Jan 2009 Jeremy said

Jeremy

I had the London Pass while I was there and thought it was alright. I am not sure if I saved a lot of money to call it very economical, I think that depends on what sites you want to see and how many you go to. One benefit is you don’t have to stand in line at a lot of places to get a ticket, instead they’ll just let you walk in.

One of the things I really liked was that since it included so much I ended up going to places that weren’t on my list if I had to pay, like the Shakespaere Theater, and it turned out to be one of my favorites. We got luckily and saw a 30 minute dress rehearsal for Midsummers Nights which was opening the next week.

I’d say if you have time price out what you want to see (the pass website has a list if I remember) and compare it to what the cost is.

• 15 Jan 2009 Cait said

Cait

I’ve been doing some research on the London Pass as well. My friend and I are going early to london and are wanting to check some stuff out.
    The pass with travel seems like it would be worth it, you’re able to use it on the buses, underground, and trams (if you’re wanting to travel that way) and it seems like it would be a good price for some fo the tours that they have like the city cruise.

Hope that helps some.

• 26 Jan 2009 subzero said

Default_avatar

Just got back from London and the London pass is a great deal, however I don’t think you would require one for everyday your there. If you want to do all the sights the Evans Evans hop on and off tour is well worth it also.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.