Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Explorer (Christ-Auck) March 11th-28th 2012?

30 Dec 2011 Stephanie89 asked

Stephanie89

Hey!!
I know its a little early but just wondering if there is anyone going on this tour??
Can't wait! :D

• 4 Jan 2012 KRI574 said

KRI574

the tour starting 14th??? yes i am :) im krista. have you booked yet?

• 5 Jan 2012 Stephanie89 said

Stephanie89

Hey Krista!
    I’m Stephanie
    I think we all meet the night of the 13th but i’m planning to get there the 12th. I’m going to book my ticket this month.
    Where you from? :)

• 6 Jan 2012 KRI574 said

KRI574

hey :)

nice to meet you Stephanie :) I’m arriving on the 13th at about 7ish at night, staying at Bealey’s hotel. i’ve already paid the deposit. The rest i’ll be paying next week. can’t wait. really looking forward to it :)

I’m from Brisbane Aus.

How about yourself?

When you do plan on leaving NZ. i know there is another girl and myself leaving on the 29th. and i’m staying at the Mecure for that extra night :)

• 8 Jan 2012 kim279 said

kim279

Hi, I’m thinking of booking this tour too :) I live in Brisbane as well at the moment, hoping to book in the next week I’d say, I arrive in Christchurch late late on the 10th though (due to oz visa dates) – any recommendations on where to say in Christchurch?
    kim :)

• 8 Jan 2012 KRI574 said

KRI574

Hey kim. I went to a travel agent and shes put me in the above hotels :)

• 8 Jan 2012 Stephanie89 said

Stephanie89

Hey!
    i’m paying for the rest of the package as well this week. I’m so excited!! :D
    I’m from Bermuda, its an island pretty much in the middle of the Atlantic ocean. haha.
    I was planning on leaving the night of the 28th but haven’t decided yet might stay until the 29th.

Kim, I’m planning on arriving on the 12th. I’m looking into hotels as well. i can let you know what I find i’ll be booking one sometime this month for sure. :)

• 9 Jan 2012 KRI574 said

KRI574

Wow. Bermuda. Whats that like. Do any of you girls know how to make a facebook group for our tour?

• 9 Jan 2012 KRI574 said

KRI574

oz visa dates?

• 9 Jan 2012 kim279 said

kim279

yep, I’m from Scotland – in Oz on my second working holiday visa so have to leave the country by the 11th or they won’t let me back in again! I’m not sure about FB, but can check it out :)

• 9 Jan 2012 KRI574 said

KRI574

hows your working holiday going? what are you doing?

• 9 Jan 2012 Stephanie89 said

Stephanie89

Living in Bermuda is nice, its a really small island kind of like living in a small town. Its only about 34km long and 2km wide. I’ll look into setting up a group on facebook as well.

what work do you two do?

I was looking into doing a work holiday visa in Oz as well how is it??

• 9 Jan 2012 kim279 said

kim279

its good – i love it and would like to stay, my bf is a kiwi living in brisbane too but not sure how that will work out with immigration.. lot of paperwork. At the moment just do admin support work temping due to the restrictions on my working visa but its fine, keeps me solvent :)
    Bermuda, sounds great! is it long flight to get to Aus/NZ?

• 9 Jan 2012 KRI574 said

KRI574

From brisbane? No. I think its only a 3 hr flight.

• 9 Jan 2012 kim279 said

kim279

Sorry – I meant Bermuda, not even sure how far away that is! :)

• 9 Jan 2012 Stephanie89 said

Stephanie89

Kim-Hopefully you’ll be able to work something out for you to stay. Was it easy for you to get a job there? and I have to fly to New York then LA, Auckland and then finally arrive in Christchurch takes about 2 days to get there. Its pretty far thats why I want to get there a day early to just sleep its a 12 hour difference for me,

I went to Aus in 2009 for volunteer work and loved it there definitely want to get back! How is brisbane? we didnt get to stop there.

• 9 Jan 2012 KRI574 said

KRI574

Brisbane is a beautiful city. after the floods hit, we have really come back fighting.
    are you leaving NZ and going straight back home, or planning on coming to Aus?

that is a long flight! looking forward to meeting you girls. this is going to be an awesome trip :)

• 10 Jan 2012 Stephanie89 said

Stephanie89

I’ve heard a lot of good things about Brisbane! I have to wait and see what is happening with my job here, right now i’m on contract work so i’m not sure if they will extend me or not. hopefully i’ll find out my the end of this month. I hope i’ll be able to get over there for a least a week or something since i’ll be over that side of world..lol.

yeah its going to be a long 2 days but it will be worth it. I’m so excited for this trip and meeting you girls as well. :D

• 10 Jan 2012 kim279 said

kim279

I really enjoy living in Brisbane, lots to do and nice, compact city – it’s really great. Wasn’t too bad finding a job – I just do adminstration temp work here at the moment through an agency, which I can give you the details of if you’re interested later as they’ve been great for me! Some are better than others though. if you can get to aus it would be good since you’ve come so far! certainly sounds like a major trek! and I thought that my 30 hours back to Scotland was bad, not at all by comparison…

• 10 Jan 2012 sydney3chick said

Default_avatar

Hey girls my name is Jess I’m 22 from Sydney I’m also doing this tour. Arriving on the 13th and leaving on the 29th :-)
    Look forward to meeting you girls

• 10 Jan 2012 KRI574 said

KRI574

jess, you’re still flying to Brisbane after? girls if you have facebook, feel free to add me. Krista Bere. not sure how to make a contiki group for our tour.. :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.