Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Explorer (Christ-Auck) March 11th-28th 2012?

30 Dec 2011 Stephanie89 asked

Stephanie89

Hey!!
I know its a little early but just wondering if there is anyone going on this tour??
Can't wait! :D

• 10 Jan 2012 Stephanie89 said

Stephanie89

Kim-That would be great if you could pass on your agencies info thanks!! :) What makes the journey worst is just all the stops and layovers but definitely worth it! are you heading back to Scotland if you can’t get extended?

Hey Jess Look forward to meeting you too! :) Going to be a great trip!!

feel free to add me to facebook as well Stephanie Law. :)

• 12 Jan 2012 kim279 said

kim279

It appears that you can’t create a group in FB without having more than 1 person in it! I’m trying to get one organised soon though :) In the mean time just wondered if anyone knew about the hotel place after the tour in Auckland – my friend is a travel agent and is booking everything for me says that it comes up only being able to book as an individual for $160 rather, is that the same as what you guys have organised? I asked her to hold off on it for now, if its that dear I’ll just go straight to the hostel! :)

kim279

Managed to make a FB group if anyone is interested :) its called (imaginitively enough..) Contiki NZ Grand Explorer March 14th

• 12 Jan 2012 sydney3chick said

Default_avatar

A krista due to money I have to go straight home after :-(
    Kim same thing for the me with accommodation I was going to see if anyone else hasn’t booked and wanted to share

• 12 Jan 2012 KRI574 said

KRI574

hey, i’m staying in a single room at the Mecure, but since i haven’t paid the full thing yet, i could maybe check with my travel agent, to get more rooms. ‘staying at the mecure. but if we all stay on the same level, should be fine :) not sure how much the one night accomm was though. i’ll ask her tonight. woo hoo! thanks for making the group Kim. i had no idea on how to do it.

Default_avatar

Hey Kim I can’t find the group off Facebook on my phone but I’ll try and look for it later on the computer

kim279

Hi Jess, maybe you can look for me or Krista and find it that way? it’s an open group so anyone can join it :) Krista, sounds like a plan re: hotels, wouldnt mind sharing a twin if anyone wanted? My friend said it was $85 twin and $160 for single when she tried to book today – I’m not sure what the name of the hotel was but I asked her to do the contiki recommended one for that night. Nothing worse than ending a tour then everyone is dropped off at different accomodation without the chance to relax together and say bye, bit of a deflating end to a good trip!

Default_avatar

Good idea Kim!! I will
    I’m happy to share Kim if your insterested

KRI574

i’m staying a the Mecure. would be good if we all stay there :) i booked it before we all knew each other :( i’ll check with her [travel agent] anyway. woo hoo. can’t wait! i’m not sure how to add people to the group either. sorry Jess. hopefully more people join so we can find out who is coming on our tour! man i think the bus rides are going to be fun! stock up on SD cards for your cameras girls.. i’m going to buy a 16gb one which is about $50 bucks or a bit cheaper plus i’m bringing my 8GB and 2 × 2Gb ones. hehe. i LOVE taking photos. when i use to go out clubbing with friends (years ago) i took about 150 photos per night. hehe..

Default_avatar

Omg krista 150 photos!!!
    I got a new camera for my birthday can’t wait to use it :-)

KRI574

Yes. 150 photos if not more! last time i went out clubbing for no reason and to have a good time would have been back in August!.

i’m taking 2. my canon 500D and my small Olympus waterproof one :) small one will be used for dinner/nights out and the other one will be used for the day :) so i’ll have to charge them like every night :) i went to fraser island for 4 days for my cousins wedding and i took over 1000 photos. imagine how many i’m going to take in NZ for 17days! I want March to be here already! haha

Default_avatar

hey krista what hotel is it in Christchurch and Auckland sorry I’m so confused

KRI574

Christchurch i have been put into Bealey’s and auckland Mercure :)

Default_avatar

Cool thank you :-)

• 13 Jan 2012 kim279 said

kim279

Hey Stephanie, sorry I didn’t see your msg right at the top! The agency that I’m with is called Windsor, they do general admin, payroll that type of thing. My advisor is called Zonda and is a lovely lady! they are at http://www.windsor-recruitment.com/ They have always come up trumps with me compared to the rest! Just mention that I referred you as well :) Yep, just booked my flights back to Scotland, will be back home at the end of April, planning my next escape! going to take me 37 hours doorstep to doorstep all going well!

• 13 Jan 2012 KRI574 said

KRI574

ahhh.. back to scotland for good? :( thats not long… well we’ll have to make sure we def meet up before and after contiki :) whats your next escape?

• 13 Jan 2012 Explorer1347979 said

Default_avatar

Since we arent able to get any vans, i am looking for SUV’s. Jeep is allways available at Thrifty, so i want to see if it will work for us. We are traveling with 6 people all together.
    Auravie Skin Care

• 13 Jan 2012 Stephanie89 said

Stephanie89

Thanks Kim!! :)

• 14 Jan 2012 Explorer1348402 said

Default_avatar

40. what famous Spanish explorer tried to find a path from Santa Fe to California north of the Grand Canyon………
    Auravie Skin Care

• 20 Jan 2012 Explorer1307905 said

Default_avatar

I will also be on this tour. My name is Bridget and my journey starts on march 6 when I fly to Vancouver, and then officially on my way to new Zealand on the 7th on a direct flight from Vancouver. I lose 2 days so I arrive on the 9th. I make Auckland my home base for excursions until the 13 when I fly to Christchurch. After the tour since I booked my flight with contiki I got the Auckland explorer package (2 additional nights at the mecure hotel and a 2 day hop on/off tour bus pass). I fly out on April 1st, so lots of time for exploring! I look forward to meeting everyone!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.