Community_discussions_small  

Question

Aussie Explorer March 2012 starting Darwin

1 Jan 2012 Nicky asked

Nicky

Hey,

I'm booked to go on this tour and going on my own - wondering if anyone else has booked to go on this too?!

Thanks,
Nicky

• 2 Jan 2012 Stephen said

Default_avatar

yep i’m on that tour

• 4 Jan 2012 Nicky said

Nicky

It sounds at the moment like it’s just u and I then! Lol

• 6 Jan 2012 Dynamite_J said

Dynamite_J

Hi there,

I’ve booked beaches and reefs (starting Cairns) on 31st March. I’m pretty certain that I’ll join your tour when you reach Cairns. Hope you have a great time in Northern Territory.

Where are you guys from? Have you done any other contiki tours? This will be my 6th!

J

• 13 Jan 2012 Stephen said

Default_avatar

Nope This is my first tours. im coming all the way from and Canada. Nicky i think there will be more people once the jan tours start

• 16 Jan 2012 Dynamite_J said

Dynamite_J

Hey guys, Happy New Year! Looking forward to meeting you in Cairns.

I’ve created a facebook group if you would like to join. Copy & Paste the below into Facebook Search

Australia Beaches & Reefs – March 2012

*Can rename it to something else afterwards
  • 17 Jan 2012 Nicky said

Nicky
    Hey happy new year to you guys too!

It’s my first contiki and I’m coming over from London. Be good to meet you both! Stephen, I think I’m kinda realising that I panicked too early! The last thing I wanted was the tour to be cancelled due to lack of interest after I’d booked all my flights! I land in Darwin at about 4.30am the day before the tour starts – do u know when ur getting there yet?

J, u sound like a pro at all this! I’ll find ur Facebook group as it’ll be good to see who’s likely to be with us! :)

• 18 Jan 2012 Dynamite_J said

Dynamite_J

Nikki I’m from UK too :) I don’t know about being a pro but I prefer travelling with Contiki more than any other company. It’s really fun and you meet heaps of great people.

Just out of interest, has anyone opted to do the 3 days Whitsundays sailing over Daydream island? I have chosen to stay at Daydream island and do a one day tour of Whitsundays sailing. Hearing mixed reviews about it, so confused!

J

• 19 Jan 2012 Stephen said

Default_avatar

Nicky i land in Darwin late in the afternoon around 3 i think.. i know what you mean i book this about 6 months ago and i didnt think anyone was going on this tour.

J i did the sailing . idk i been to resorts before and i thought that this is a once and life time chances to do the sailing

• 19 Jan 2012 Nicky said

Nicky

J, have found the group on facebook! Looking forward to chatting to people! I’ve opted not to do the sailing as I wasnt sure how I’d cope on a boat for that long! I’m sure there will be things to occupy me back at the resort though!

Stephen, its now listed as a definite departure which is a relief! The afternoon is a good time to land, I didnt have a choice though! I will go for a wander most probably and then try and catch up with everyone back at the hotel during the afternoon :)

• 20 Jan 2012 Stephen said

Default_avatar

Nicky that sounds like the same plan as me… Are you staying in Sydney after the tour ends????

• 20 Jan 2012 Nicky said

Nicky

Yeah, I’ve got a week in Sydney and then I fly down to Auckland to spend 3 weeks in New Zealand. None of that is with contiki tho, I’m doing all that on my own. Which is a bit scary but I’m hoping after spending a month in Australia I’ll be fine! I think I read on another post that ur spending some time in sydney too?

• 22 Jan 2012 Stephen said

Default_avatar

c

• 23 Jan 2012 Jade said

Jade

hi, im on this tour, im from new zealand, this is my first contiki. :-) nicky, i also land in the early hours of the morning 12:30am on the 21st march, the day we leave ekkkk hope nothing goes wrong! kinda nervous about the whole trip.

• 3 Feb 2012 Nicky said

Nicky

Hey Jade, sounds like we’re in the same boat! I think its only natural to be nervous but it sounds like there is a few of us going on our own so we can all look out for each other! I might have to pick your brains about new zealand too at some point! :-) Only 6 weeks now, not long! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

• 3 Feb 2012 Jade said

Jade

Yes, i can definatly help you with anything you want to know about new zealand, and you more that welcome to stop in at our place if your traveling the south island!! are you doing any of the “extra activites” that are optional? im ready for it to start now after the first few days of settling in and getting to know everyone it will be great fun! theres soooo much stuff im wondering about, lots of questions but i guess the information pack will answer alot of them, i found you on facebook and wrote to you on there aswell i use facebook alot so we can keep in touch that way if u like. take care!

• 5 Feb 2012 Nicky said

Nicky

Hey Jade, I havent got a message from you on facebook?! I have put a link to my page on my profile on here, so if you got the wrong one, you should be able to find me from there! Facebook would be much easier to keep in touch with! As far as optionals go, I will do some, but I think I’m going to wait and get the itinerary and list of extras before I decide! Are you doing any?

Jimmy, good to see another who is joining us! I havent picked the sailing option but it does sound great! I see you found the facebook group too :)

• 5 Feb 2012 Jade said

Jade

hey! ok i shall find you on facebook and we can comunicate though that instead, yea im like you will just wait and see once i get my itinerary, ill do some but not all because its a good chance to have a look around the town etc while the optionals are on eh.

• 14 Feb 2012 Ina said

Default_avatar

Hey there,
    my name is Ina, I’m from Germany and I’m on that trip too! I’m a little bit afraid cause my english is not so good! But I’m really looking forward to see you and hope we will have a great time! I try to practice my english, so you will understand me better! :-)
    Happy Valentin

• 14 Feb 2012 Pete said

Pete

Hi guys,
    We’ve just started a free online postcard site so you can send your postcards straight to facebook or email. I just wanted to let you know that we have postcards from all over the world including Australia that you might like. Thanks guys and safe travels!
    www.ThePerfectPostcard.com
    Pete

• 22 Feb 2012 Beverley said

Beverley

Hi Guys I’ve booked on the Beaches and Reefs tour!! Im from the UK as well and VERY excited to meet you all :) xxx I cant find the facebook link though?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion