Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Wild Western October 17, 2012

2 Jan 2012 Aaron said

Aaron

Hey!
My name is Aaron, and I am booked on this tour with a friend. We arrive in LA on October 12 and we are doing the LA Explorer after the tour. This will be my 4th and 5th Contiki. Can't wait!

• 10 Jan 2012 Paige said

Paige

Hi I just saw this, I am doing the LA to the Bay on this date, so I think we may be on the same tour?? :)

• 11 Jan 2012 Aaron said

Aaron

Hey that’s cool. What day do you arrive in LA?? How come you’re not coming back to Los Angeles on the Wild Western?? Yeah I am pretty sure we’re on the same tour! :-) My friend and I are also doing the LA Explorer after the Wild Western. This will be my 4th & 5th Contiki’s. My previous Contiki’s were USA as well haha…

• 11 Jan 2012 Aaron said

Aaron

For anyone who is travelling on the Wild Western, LA to the Bay, Western Highlights departing Los Angeles on October 17th; And for anyone who is travelling on the California Highlights joining us in Las Vegas on October 23rd.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/251286451611883/?profile_pic_upload=1&success=1#!/groups/251286451611883/

• 13 Jan 2012 Paige said

Paige

Hi!! Oh that’s cool, I figured that’s the way it would work.

I am doing the New York Uncovered, and then the Grand Northern which brings me over to LA, then I have a week there before this tour. I am finishing in San Fran because I am flying up to Vancouver to see a friend after! As tempting as staying on sounds haha!

I have done 2 European contiki tours, and am doing number 3,4 and 5 in North America on this trip, and then number 6 in NZ on the way home! Epic trip planned!!! And I’m going solo!

Where are you from? :)
    Paige

• 13 Jan 2012 Aaron said

Aaron

Wow that’s a trip and a half! I just not long ago did the Grand Northern! It’s incredible!!!! :D you’re going to have a lot of fun on that trip! Im from dubbo.. How about you?

• 18 Jan 2012 Paige said

Paige

Oh that’s good to hear good feedback! I kind of wish I was doing the longer version of this trip now… hmm.
    It is going to be an epic trip- I am so excited! Finding it hard to concentrate on anything else now and it’s only January!

So what are your travel plans besides the 2 tours?

Oh and I’m from Adelaide!

• 18 Jan 2012 Aaron said

Aaron

Yeah you’re right it is hard to concentrate on anything else, and I hate that realisation that its only
    January lol but October will be here before we know it!

The only travelling for me this year is the 2 tours and then next year it’s definitely time for some other part of the world, I’m just not sure where! I’m pretty sure my travel agent won’t ever book me on an American Contiki again after 5 of them haha!

Sam, my friend I’m going with is going to Egypt on Contiki in April… So it’s kinda unfair that she has something to distract her from October lol

• 17 Feb 2012 Paige said

Paige

Hi again! Look its mid feb already!! getting closer… slowly. haha. Im still booking accomdation etc so thats still distracting me for a bit until it’s all organised. Getting very excited though.

Wow 5! Crazy!! Where do you think you’ll go next? I’m thinking South America next year… hehe.

Oh and I’m doing the LA explorer too now, but before our tour.

Egypt would be amazing! I’m so jealous! Lucky her! Will have to hear what contiki is like over there too! I like the distraction technique- more travel! ahaha!

• 18 Feb 2012 Kate89 said

Default_avatar

Hi guys my name is Kate my friend Andrea and I are doing this tour along with North by North East and Canda and The Rockies before hand. So excited about them :-)

• 19 Feb 2012 Aaron said

Aaron

Yeah it’s slowly getting closer haha! I have a Contiki reunion with my Grand Northern group in 2 weeks time!! Can’t wait! :)
    I’m not sure where to go next… I am currently looking at the Great Britain and Ireland tour, but I daresay I’ll change my mind a million times between now and next year! Haha!

Hey Kate! :) The North by North East is one half of the Grand Northern. It’s awesome!! You’re gonna have the best fun!!! Especially in Toronto with the option pub crawl. The hotel you stay at is really nice too :) And it’s in a great area of Toronto in Dundas Square (Toronto’s equivalent of Times Square!)

• 23 Feb 2012 Kate89 said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the advice Aaron any other advice on what optionals to do and what ones arn’t really worth it?

• 28 Feb 2012 BradGibb1981 said

BradGibb1981

Hey guys i did this tour last year and just wanted to share some videos I edited up if your keen to see what stuff we did? you can find them at http://www.youtube.com/darbgibb
    It was so much fun! Hope you have as much fun as we did :)

• 10 Mar 2012 Paige said

Paige

Hi Kate! Nice to meet you! When are you doing the north by north east? because Im doing the Grand Northern so we might even meet then, by the sounds of it! Sounds like you have an awesome trip planned!

Aaron, i definitely agree with kate, what optionals on the tour are worth it? did you do any helicopter rides?
    And I love having catch ups with my contiki friends. we try and see each other as much as possible but we all live in different states which makes it hard. But we always have a great time! Hope reunion was great!! :)

• 11 Mar 2012 Aaron said

Aaron

Hey. Reunion was awesome! It was in Perth. Had an awesome time! =)

Grand Northern optionals…….. Hmm….
    In Vegas, I definitely recommend the Vegas Variety show optional, which i assume we’ll do on the wild western…
    Also the helicopter ride from vegas to the grand canyon where it lands inside the canyon and you have lunch and wine =) it’s worth it. It costs $340…
    In West Yellowstone, there’s a grizzly and wolf discovery centre where you see wolves and bears… It wasn’t too bad lol…
    In Cody, definitely the rodeo and rafting =)
    In Chicago, the architectural tour was pretty good =) a good way to see chicago

At Niagara Falls, I do not recommend the IMAX theatre optional…. It’s not really worth it in my opinion.
    There’s a helicopter flight over the falls which I didn’t do, but now I wish I did…

Toronto is AWESOME!!!! Definitely do all the optionals…. Like the CN Tower, Rogers centre and my favourite, THE PUB CRAWL OPTIONAL!!!!!! They take you on a bus and drive you to 3 different clubs in Toronto and then at the end of the night, drive you back to the hotel…. Nasty hangover the next morning hahaha but it’s a good night to be had!!! Last year on the Grand Northern, we spent three nights in Toronto, but now they’ve changed it to only 2 nights in Toronto. It’s a darn good city. On my tour, we had a hotel upgrade as there was another Contiki staying at the hotel we were meant to be at. Our upgrade was awesome. We stayed in a brand new hotel right on Dundas Square (Toronto’s times square). Awesome view.

The 1000 Islands cruise in Rockport is pretty good.

Montreal, definitely recommend the jet boat road and bike tour.

And also the Boston Old Town Trolley tour is good too.

All the optionals are worth doing, except at Niagara, I wish I did the helicopter flight and not the IMAX.

• 4 May 2012 Matty said

Matty

Hi guys! I’m Matt from Wollongong. I just booked this tour so I guess I’ll be joining you! I’m soo pumped!!
    This is my 2nd contiki tour, I did the European Discovery tour last year it was awesome! Look forward to meeting you all hey.

• 10 Jun 2012 Francy said

Francy

Hi guys,

Nice to meet you all!

I’m thinking on doing the California Highlights tour…USA are my dream!
    Guess we’re gonna travel togheter :)

I’m from Switzerland and I’ve never done a Contiki before…that’s the reason why I’m a bit scared to book …

• 29 Jun 2012 Matty said

Matty

Hi Francy nice to meet you! Dont worry you will love it trust me, I was a bit scared when i did a contiki tour last year on my own but as soon as you meet up with everyone it is great! Are you travelling solo?

• 30 Jun 2012 Emilyk said

Emilyk

Hey guys I’m Emily and me and 3 friends are doing the LA to the bay tour on this exact same date, we are so keen! It’s me and 3 guys Simon, Ben and Ben! We are from Adelaide and we are so keen :D can’t wait to meet you all

• 1 Jul 2012 Matty said

Matty

Hi Emily! Look forward to meeting you all hey! This will be my first time in the US, I’ve wanted to travel there for ages so I’m pretty excited.. I’m counting down the days! lol

• 4 Jul 2012 Emilyk said

Emilyk

Hahaha same, I went in 2010 it was so good! Can’t wait to go back especially Vegas now that I’m 21 it’s going to be so much fun! When do you arrive in America? Where are you from?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.