Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Laptop on Tour

3 Jan 2009 BelleHolliday said

BelleHolliday
Hey,
I am doing the Grand Adventurer tour and was wondering if I could get some advice off others who have been on taking a laptop along. I have looked up some of the accommodation options and noticed some have access to internet and some, (eg. Queenstown Lodge) probably don't. There is also the issue of leaving it behind when we go on the Milford Sound Boat trip. Do you think it is worth taking? I would LOVE to be able to keep in contact with people over facebook and post pics up and stuff of the day!
  • 3 Jan 2009 Paul82 said

Default_avatar

hi Belle

Having done the grand explorer last year personally I wouldn’t worry about taking a laptop. During the trip there is a lot of opportunity to access internet. Most of the places where you stay have computers for you to use and the ones that don’t are situated in places where you can go to an internet cafe etc. This may be the case in Taupo if i remember. A guy on our tour was uploading his pics to facebook as he went tagging everyone which was cool and Queenstown lodge has about 4 computers.

• 4 Jan 2009 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Leave it at home … bring lots of memory cards. The only instance to bring a laptop is to offload your memory cards and also grab other ppl pics and videos. As for FB & email, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to get to an internet cafe – but don’t waste your time waiting to upload stuff – hotel internet computers aint cheap either.

The bus is very safe for storage during the overnight Milford cruise.

- Vic

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion