Community_discussions_small  

Question

Do you get tired of the bus?

16 Nov 2006 JuhC asked

Default_avatar
Hey.. I'm thinking about going on Contiki for the very first time. The thing is.. don't you get tired of spending so much time at the bus? Do you spend much more time at the bus then visiting the cities?
Thank's
  • 16 Nov 2006 PinaI said

PinaI

It really depends what trip you do!

Most of the time you will drive for anywhere from 4-8hrs on a ‘bus’ day. You’ll normally get to your destination in the afternoon/early evening.

If it’s a once night stop then you will be there that night and head off the next morning. If two nights then you’ll spend the next day there too and head off the morning after.

The bus can get tedious but if you know what to expect then it’s not that bad. You’ll be listening to music most of the time, sometimes you will play cards or watch a movie and this helps pass the time too. There are plenty of stops in between as well.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

• 17 Nov 2006 JuhC said

Default_avatar

Thank’s for the help! I really didn’t know what to expect from the “bus ride”. =) Thank’s againg!

• 17 Nov 2006 Jodi14 said

Default_avatar

Hi Julie,
    I did 45 days camping around Europe a couple of years ago and in all honesty most of the time on the bus is spent sleeping and eating and listening to music. Generally you are feeling pretty seedy from the night before so you sleep the boring bits away. And you don’t miss out on any of the good bits either cos the tour guides wake you up. Hope this helps.

• 18 Nov 2006 dan83 said

Default_avatar

hey julie,

i just finised a euro trip and the bus days wernt as bad as they sound..!! our longest day was 10hrs but with regular service stops and intense games of UNO and snap, the time flys by.
    also the music is pretty good to. its the people that makes it fun so i hope your with a good group.! im sure u will be..!! Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

• 18 Nov 2006 JuhC said

Default_avatar

Yeahh. I hope so! Thank’s Jodi and Dan, loved the advices!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion