Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Bags on The Bus

2 Dec 2010 ryaneco said

Default_avatar
Hi All,

I'm heading on a tour on Dec 29th Smiler I just want to know about bag restrictions. I know you can't have a suitcase heavier than 20kg which is fine; but I'm going to have a carry on suitcase as well (small size) are we allowed to put these under the bus or carry them on board or is there a strict 1 suitcase per person only?

I did a tour in the US/Canada in 2007 and I had 2 suitcases both 20kgs in size and there were no issues putting them on the bus but I hear Europe is more strict about these requirments?

Cheers,
Ryan
  • 3 Dec 2010 m0lly said

Default_avatar

You are allowed the 20kg suitcase and one carry on (approx 5kg) I personally wouldn’t use a suitcase as a carry on as i would find it more annoying to “carry on” when your on the bus/plane. It might be ok if you are on a timeout tour but if you are going on a concept id suggest a backpack instead as you will need a daypack as well, Im pretty sure most people use a backpack as both their daypack and carry-on.. but if you really want to use the smaller suitcase you could get one of those wee foldup backpacks that you could keep in there.

• 5 Dec 2010 torz said

Default_avatar

most people on my tour used backpacks or those country road duffle type bags as their carry on bag!!

• 14 Dec 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

I think it will depend on your TM and Driver. But I don’t think to start the tour they will let you bring a second suitcase, especially if the tour is full. The restricitions have to do with weight for the ferry, so the idea is a 25 kg baggage weight per person to keep within the regulations.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion