Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Optional extras payment

6 Jun 2010 YazyB said

Default_avatar
Im going to be going on the European Experience at the beginning of August and was just wondering what the preferred payment method is for the optional extras? ... Cash or can you pay with credit card/debit card? Just don't really want to be carrying around bulk amounts of cash unnecessarily!!
Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated! Smiler
  • 6 Jun 2010 Emma said

Emma

you go thru everything on your first or second day and sign up to everything you wanna do…then you gotta have a certain amount to give your tour manager by a certain day so you pay it off in 2 lots or whatever. has to be done in cash and they only handle money on the bus not in public so its really safe. we just got out what we needed on the day we had to pay it so there’s no need to carry it around everywhere

• 6 Jun 2010 YazyB said

Default_avatar

thanks so much for the helpful info! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 6 Jun 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

TM’s all operate a little differently in how they collect for Optionals. But, they have to be paid for in cash. Some might accept travelers cheques, but that’s a personal decision by the TM’s.

• 10 Jun 2010 Explorer1167996 said

Default_avatar

cash for everything. we got a sheet and chose what we wanted to do and paid all at once.

• 12 Jun 2010 WPBFLRob said

WPBFLRob

I’m an American that has never traveled before. I’ve read that optionals must be paid to the tour managers at the beginning of the tour in local currency (cash). If my tour technically begins in London before we head off to Amsterdam, do I need to pay in pounds, or can I pay in euros?

• 12 Jun 2010 Explorer1167996 said

Default_avatar

definatley euros Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 12 Jun 2010 WPBFLRob said

WPBFLRob

Thanks!

• 12 Jun 2010 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Due date for optional payments are at the discretion of your TM, and depending on length of tour, your TM may have more than one payment – once at the beginning and once midway … or possible 3 payments for a really long tour.

- Vic

• 12 Jun 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

Usually payment isn’t expected until 2 or 3 days into the tour, i havne’t heard of anyone having to pay in London. Most people wont have the euros then anyway.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion