Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Winter Wanderer: Dec 26th-Jan18th

10 May 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar
Hey all, is anyone else booked for the winter wanderer that starts on dec 26th?? i'm going solo so would love to chat to anyone that is!!!
  • 2 Aug 2010 Daniel said

Default_avatar

Hey Folks, well it looks like I’ll be on this tour. I’m a school teacher who lives in Perth. Am travelling with a couple of mates who live up north. Can’t wait!!!!!

• 2 Aug 2010 QueenBee said

Default_avatar
    dsf
  • 2 Aug 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

hey daniel! thats awesome, i think i’m the only person who isn’t a school teacher! haha. are you travelling before/after? so excited!!

• 2 Aug 2010 Daniel said

Default_avatar

Yeah the plan so far is that we will arrive in London around the 20th. From there I think we are going to Ireland to catch up with a couple of our mates. Then the tour!!!! I dont know about after the tour but I need to be back home by the 28th or so.

• 3 Aug 2010 QueenBee said

Default_avatar

Eliza and I are going to Ireland before contiki too! but we’re arriving on the 19th I think and flying straight there for a few nights pub crawling! I think most of us are returning home around that time! Back to school! Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

• 3 Aug 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

Ah nice! Yeah I want to go over to Ireland but unfortunately not this trip. I fly in on Dec 17th and spend 8 days in England and Scotland before the tour, then a week in London after the tour. Think most people will stick around for few days after the tour then head home anyways

• 4 Aug 2010 Explorer1199824 said

Default_avatar

Hey daniel! Im a school teacher in perth on this trip too! Which school do u teach at? I think everyone on this tour is going to be aussie!!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> anyone from perth leavin the 18h dec for london?

• 4 Aug 2010 QueenBee said

Default_avatar

YAY!! It says its almost full on the website as well!!
    How exciting!

• 4 Aug 2010 Explorer1199824 said

Default_avatar

Oh awesome! Yeah super exciting! I havent booked flights either but ill prob b flying malaysian coz its the cheapest on tge way there! But def leaving the 18th!! Im at coolbellup community school – year 3! Its south but i live north! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> cant wait !!!!

• 4 Aug 2010 QueenBee said

Default_avatar

I’m flying out on the 18th but from Melbourne. We are flying QATAR airways and got a really good deal! around $1700 return and only an hour stopover each way. Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 6 Aug 2010 Daniel said

Default_avatar

Hey Folks, unfortunately my mates were unable to make this tour so we had to change our departure date to the 20th. Was really looking forward to meeting you and spending NYE in Barcelona…spewing. Have a good one!!!!!

• 6 Aug 2010 QueenBee said

Default_avatar

That sucks!! R u sure it’s full!? On the website it doesn’t even say it’s almost full anymore! not sure what’s going on!!

• 8 Aug 2010 Explorer1202365 said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone I am also a teacher haha and i will be on this tour Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> very excited cant wait hope we have a good party crew! I’m not sure on how much spending money i will need any ideas??

• 8 Aug 2010 Matt said

Matt

Another school teacher!!! are there any other tradesman going on this trip or am i the only one?? Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    and it seems il be making a late appearance…. i fly in on christmas eve
    @Explorer1202365, the usual going rate for spending money is about 75-100 bucks a day, il be overseas for about 50 days and im taking 5-6 grand spending money

• 8 Aug 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

Hi Explorer1202365!

Oh thats awesome news, our tour is going to be soooo good!! I’m planning to take 100 euro per day, but really depends on how much i can save before then! How much is everyone else taking??

We should all add eachother on facebook, think a few of us have eachother already! xx

• 8 Aug 2010 Explorer1202365 said

Default_avatar

ok sweet ill try save about the same! What is everyones facebook? I’m staying 3 days before and 3 days after at the hotel we get picked up from anyone else staying there?

• 8 Aug 2010 Matt said

Matt

is that the royal national?? coz im staying there also… it’ll be the place to be on xmas day Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    (my fb is on the 1st page)

• 8 Aug 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

Yeah I’ll be staying there the night before and after the tour! I’m gong on the 8 day England/Scottland tour that gets in about 7pm Xmas night, so we should all meet up after the meeting. I’ll miss it I think. My facebook email thingy is mandy4u_06@hotmail.com, so search that. Yay!!

• 9 Aug 2010 QueenBee said

Default_avatar

Add me add me!! I’m the only one on there! Well last I curled anyway!! I’m friends with the others!
    What’s your name? Male / female??

Ill be at the royal national from the 23rd and staying one night after the tour as well!! Looking to go skiing somewhere and eurodisney afterwards!

• 9 Aug 2010 QueenBee said

Default_avatar

Checked* not curled! Damn iPhone!! Speaking of .. Is everyone bringing their phone or just getting a sim over there?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.