Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Winter Wanderer: Dec 26th-Jan18th

10 May 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar
Hey all, is anyone else booked for the winter wanderer that starts on dec 26th?? i'm going solo so would love to chat to anyone that is!!!
  • 9 Aug 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

Yeah I’m gonna bring my phone and just putting it on international roaming coz only gonna be away for 6 weeks! ohh so exicted…. need to save seriously, still got spending and tours to save for! ekk

• 9 Aug 2010 QueenBee said

Default_avatar

My tax return covered my tour and half my flights so I just have to save for all my spending money! Which I know will be a lot! I’m going to try and have 5 grand spending money on top of all the flights and accom outside of the tour.
    Is everyone doing all of the extras?

• 9 Aug 2010 Explorer1202365 said

Default_avatar

Yeop Queen Bee we are fb friends now Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> are you arriving on the 23rd? i hope to do all the extras but atm saving is hard work! I got an awsome tax return but still need to double that. Wishing i was staying longer after the trip now.. 3days dont seem long enough! so who is going solo and who is bringing friends or their mr/mrs??? Im undecided as to wether i should go alone or not?!

Default_avatar

I’m travelling with a friend, who is also a 23 year old female teacher!
    I wouldn’t be worried travelling alone, a lot of people seem to be doing that on this tour already.
    Yes, saving is EXTREMELY hard!! I’m arriving in London on the 19th buy flying straight up to Ireland for a few nights then coming to the Royal National. Will you be there on the 23rd?
    Have you booked your flights? Are you able to change them to stay longer?
    Xx

• 9 Aug 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

Yeah i got a measly tax return coz only started full time work in March! :-( i gotta save like 10 grand in the next 4 months ekkk… but yeah i reckon i’ll bring around 5-6000 spending, coz i’m going for 6 weeks in total. how much is everyone else taking?? i’m planning on doing all the extras! i’m going solo!! i wouldn’t worry too much, i’ve heard its the best way to do it. go solo too!

• 9 Aug 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

also are u guys buying raincoats or not bothering??

Default_avatar

I’m going to bring a few coats and maybe my leather jacket if it’s a wet day. Might even get a few of those disposable poncho things so i can ditch em on the way home. I dont think i have enough room in my case to bring one! I am gonna bring a mini umbrella and hope it does the trick!

Default_avatar

hey im going to mainpeak ski shop on sat to get some warm clothes im not sure on how much to pack coz its going to be freezing and the warmer the clothes the heavier my bag. oh yeah and backpack or suitcase? I will look into how much it would be to change my flight to stay a week after then maybe i can choose the best offer and go with theflow … im liking the disneyland idea. cant say ive ever been skiing so i dunno how ill go with that! I’ll prob get a cheapo raincoat and buy one over there if i need it. as 4 spending hmmm i dunno i want alot so as it gets closer ill tell u how much i reached atm doesnt look 2 good i have a morgage and a car to pay off also Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> Yes i will be at the royal national on the 23rd – 26th Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Default_avatar

My dad keeps telling me to go to a snow shop and get a fleecey/waterproof jacket but he doesnt understand that i would rather be cold than wear the same clothes as him haha! So he’ll be happy when he can say “i told you so”.
    If worse comes to worse ill just buy one over there. I plan on hiring ski jacket/pants when i go skiiing so i dont have to worry bout the weight in my case.
    I’m bringing one of those roxy suticase/bag on wheels things u can get from jetty surf or ozmosis. It is pretty light which is good and fits quite a bit in it. Im also bringing a big overnight bag in my luggage for the trip home because they never realy weigh your hand luggage and i usually put all my heavy stuff in there! sneaky Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->
    Well if u change your flight that would be awesome! I think a few people wanna go to EuroDisney!

• 9 Aug 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

well i have a pretty light suitcase thats within the measurements so i reckon i’ll take that unless i can afford to buy a bag on wheels. read a bit on the forums and it really depends on the person, i’m more of a suitcase kinda girl! yeah i reckon i’ll do the same, bring leather jacket and umbrella and hope for the best. i also have a ****ty cheap rainjacket i may wear, or just buy over there. how many outfits u guys bringing? its hard for me coz i’m going on an 8 day tour before the winter wanderer, so will need to pack alot! coz i’m spending a week in London with a mate after the tour too. but i’m planning to buy stuff along the way to wear. skiing is so much fun, u should def go, i wanted to do that but decided to see more of the UK instead. i’ll be at the royal national Xmas night, i reckon i’ll miss the meeting as my first tour only gets in at 7pm, u guys will have to fill me in :-) i hope theres more solo’s going! i’m the only one it seems so far!

• 9 Aug 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

i also have a car loan which makes it difficult to save! i’m planning on taking 80 pounds per day for my england tour, 80 euro per day for winter wanderer then 50 pounds per day for my week in London. Plus my credit card for major spendings! So reckon i’ll take around 4500-5000 + credit card which has a few grand on it.

Default_avatar

I’m starting to write a list of everything i want to bring and everything i need to buy atm.
    I want to bring soo many outfits haha! but my limit has to be 10kg because i want to buy a lot of clothes in london. I’m going to buy a lot of new things and put them straight into my case so i dont get sick of them before I go haha!
    I bought a big warm hoodie and a beanie and a nice scraf on the weekend and i’m shattered i cant wear them now! haha!
    How do you know there is a contiki meeting on xmas night?

Default_avatar

I’m so glad i’ll be getting paid while i’m over there!! So another 3 and a half grand over there will certainly help pay for the rest of my flights and accomodation!
    Ahh 130 days till take off!!

• 9 Aug 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

yeah i’ve already made a list of what i’m gonna bring! i’m gonna take my suitcase then my country road bag to put all the stuff i buy in. but i reckon i’m gonna send stuff home too, coz thats what my friend was saying is the best to do. apparently they charge a heap per kg if ur over, like from heathrow airport. ah it says that we have a pre-tour meeting the night before at 6.30pm, so that would be the 25th. yeah i’ll be getting paid too while i’m away, prob go over with 5000 then have extra 2500 paid in jan. how long u going for again? i’m going for 6 weeks to the day! woo…

Default_avatar

Im going for 6 weeks to the day as well! It’s actually 6 weeks to the hour! haha!! Yeah I know i’ll end up having to send home a package!
    Hope it’s not tooooo expensive!
    And don’t stress bout going alone, there will be heaps of ppl going solo, they just havent found the forum yet!

• 9 Aug 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

hahhahaha really, thats awesome. yeah i hope theres more solo’s! there would be heaps of people that haven’t seen this yeah. soooo excited!! can’t wait to party!

Default_avatar

hello again, ok ive added tegan, matt and mandy and if anyone else wants to add me my email is j_l_t03@hotmail.com. Yeop the royal national is the place to be Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Default_avatar

…. me again. Just wanted to know is there anyone out there flying from perth via Kuala Lumpur to Heathrow on Dec 23rd???

• 10 Aug 2010 Explorer1202365 said

Default_avatar

Hey girls, hope you have your thermals!! i will bring a heap of long sleeve tops, trackies x1 and jeans x 2 and 2 big warm jumpers plus the scarf/beanie and buy the rest over there. how big is the on flight luggage allowed to be? i have heard that its quite hot in the clubs and resturants so i dunno bout the going out clothes… skinny legs? stockings? long jacket? argh way 2 many decisions haha we are soo excited we are already thinking about packing!!

• 10 Aug 2010 Explorer1202365 said

Default_avatar

…. currently watching ‘TAKEN’ on foxtel its a must see movie before you go haha it will make us be cautious with randoms! im a lil bit scared about getting to the airport by myself heard its huge! ive already changed my flights and tour from topdeck to contiki and it ost 1500 extra so cnt afford to change flights again Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.