Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Winter Wanderer: Dec 26th-Jan18th

10 May 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar
Hey all, is anyone else booked for the winter wanderer that starts on dec 26th?? i'm going solo so would love to chat to anyone that is!!!
  • 10 Aug 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

hahaha i know its quite amusing really! ah europe in winter is going to be sooooooo pretty! yeah i’m going to be living in stocking i think. need to invest in a few long sleep tops but pretty sure i’ve got the rest. got a few jumpers, few coats, jeans, scarf, beanie, gloves. and as for going out stuff, they say wear what you’d normally wear out just bring a coat for the way there and back. as its hot in the clubs. the flight allowance is 20kg and so is the contiki.

• 10 Aug 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

yeah i’ve seen taken its quite good isn’t it. have you seen hostel? that makes me scared of backpacking in eastern europe! well the hotels there anyways. i plan to backpack eastern europe next year with a mate, sooo scared tho! oh thats a pity, don’t worry this trip is costing me $8,500 plus spending, breaking my budget but will be worth it. are u going solo? i’m scared about the airport too, got no idea how i’m gonna manage in heathrow seriously :-$

• 10 Aug 2010 QueenBee said

Default_avatar

I’m going to bring some high waisted skirts and a few different tops to wear out, maybe a few dresses I can wear with stockings! I want to bring like 5 pairs of heels but know that’s ridiculous! Haha!
    Don’t talk about taken! I had nightmares from that movie for months!! Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> you’ll both be right at the airport! If we both fly in on the 23rd we can share a can! Haha! Might have to wait around for one another!
    I’m going to bring heaps of long sleeve top and thermal singlets to wear underneath all my prettier tops then just wear my coat scarf and hat. Hopefully that’s warm enough.
    I really wanna buy something from every country and I know I’ll buy sooooo much clothing so my friends and gonna help me pack and they are gonna be Nazis!
    I might have to sneak some things in while they’re not looking!

• 10 Aug 2010 QueenBee said

Default_avatar

Cab!! Not can, although I’ll be down for both Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 10 Aug 2010 molly said

Default_avatar

Yay!!! i’m so excited. i am now officially booked in for this trip. I’ll be travelling solo so i’m very excited there will be a few of us on this trip. just been reading all your comments and i agree with the clothing conversations it’s going to be so hard! i’m going to south east asia for a month after this trip so i have to pack winter clothes for europe and then summer for asia it will be so hard!
    i’m exciting about meeting everyone though. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    x

• 11 Aug 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

Ahhhh yay!!! thats awesome, i’m going solo too :-) are you travelling around europe before/after the tour? asia would be amazing.. yeah i’m just gonna bring minimal and shop as we go! add us on facebook :-)

• 13 Aug 2010 molly said

Default_avatar

i don’t know if i will be travelling before yet. I might be staying in italy for a couple of weeks before hand and then staying in italy again for a week after the tour before i trek to asia.
    Do we know how many people are on our tour?
    I want to buy as i go but i’m finding it so hard to save that i might be living on the bare minimum if i don’t get my act into gear :P also, do you think we will be going out a lot because i don’t know how many dresses i should be bring in comparison to day clothes…and does anyone know if we need nice day clothes?

• 13 Aug 2010 Explorer1202365 said

Default_avatar

Hey Molly, whats your email? ill add you on facebook Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 13 Aug 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

I think our tour was close to filling up so guessing it’ll be like 50 people. A lot of people wouldn’t know about these forums I reckon. Yeah I’m struggling to save too, still for $5000 of my trip to pay off plus my spending, so don’t worry I’m going to be on minimal aswell. But I’ll bring my credit card if I need it. I reckon we would go out most nights, at least get dressed up for dinner. I wanna bring fair few dresses, but will buy stuff along way too. As for day clothes, I’ll prob just wear jeans n coat that seems to be the way to go!

• 13 Aug 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

P.S. Bottles of vodka are like 10 euro in the supermarkets so to save money I’ve heard just get a bunch of people and drink in rooms before! :-)

• 14 Aug 2010 RICHO said

Default_avatar

Someone set up a Facebook group….. DO IT!!!
    Razzer<!--graemlin::p-->

• 14 Aug 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar
  • 14 Aug 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

I don’t know if that link worked but I invited all the people that are going on the trip that I have on facebook! So if more people see this forum, just add us on facebook and find the event!

• 16 Aug 2010 molly said

Default_avatar

hey all,
    i have been thinking that i am not going to join any facebook group or anything… and i do not mean that to be a *****y thing or whatever, and i’m not saying everyone else shouldn’t…but, i have decided it will be kinda exciting not really knowing anyone when we meet at the hostel. so i just wanted to let you know why i’m not adding anyone because like i said i don’t want to seem like a *. I really enjoy the forum thing so i hope i don’t seem like a weird crazy person or something.
    i just want you all to be a suprise!!!
    Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 16 Aug 2010 molly said

Default_avatar

i can’t believe they edit out swear words haha! if you can’t guess i said “female dog” or b.i.t.c.h. my message looks a little strange with stars everywhere Razzer<!--graemlin::p-->

• 18 Aug 2010 Bunty said

Bunty

Hey all!

29yo male kiwi here. Going solo on ww tour on 26th, and then ski austria (2 weeks) on jan 21! Sooooo pumped!!!!!!

FB profile: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=840869258

• 19 Aug 2010 Matt said

Matt

Hey bunty… glad you could join us… thats awesome, im also going ski austria on the 21st for 2 weeks… i cannot wait aye!!!

• 19 Aug 2010 Bunty said

Bunty

This trip is going to rock! The whole reason I chose this particular one is NYE in Barca! Will need to make sure I pack plenty of hangover vitamins haha. I think 2 weeks boarding after ww will be good to flush out all the alcohol, although i suspect just as much will be drunk at the resort too! I havent got accomm yet for the nights I am in london before and between tours, any recommendations? I think I get into london on 23rd…

• 19 Aug 2010 QueenBee said

Default_avatar

Molly: Thats cool love, i totally understand why! I think a suprise would be nice but i figured not even half of the people going even know about the forum so there will still be a lot of suprises!
    Where are you from ?

Bunty: I think most people are staying at the Royal National, thats where the contiki leaves from! And its not too expeive. I’ll be there from the 23rd as well.

4 months! WOOP!!

• 19 Aug 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

Yeah that’s what I figured too! Can’t wait :-) Yeah I would recommend Royal National aswell, we will all be there Xmas day. Sking would be awesome, I’m spending 2 weeks seeing UK istead which will be just as cool hopefully! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.