Community_discussions_small  

Question

Has anyone done the New York New Year tour?

8 Jan 2012 Fishbowl asked

Default_avatar

Hi All,

We're going to be in NYC for New Year's Eve 2012/2013 and my girlfriend and I are wondering if anyone has done the above mentioned tour.

We'll either do the tour or organize something on our own, but would really like to be in Times Square or in view of the ball dropping.

Advice and comments are welcome.

Cheers,

Brad & Ash

• 11 Jul 2012 Meelya said

Meelya

Just putting it out there but I have checked the NFL schedule, and there is a New York Giants game on at 1pm on the first day of this tour… I believe on the first day we’ll be doing a sightseeing bus tour of the city in the morning, and then after lunch will go to the Statue of Liberty. I am not planning on doing the helicopter optional on the second day, so was going to maybe go to Liberty that day, and go to the NY Giants VS Philadelphia Eagles game if I could get tickets… It’s a Metlife stadium… is anybody keen to join??

• 16 Jan 2013 CobaDii said

CobaDii

Hey guys, just read all your posts and I was wondering what you all thought of NYC NYE? My boyfriend and I are looking to book for 2013 NYE and would love your feedback from your experiences this year.

• 17 Jan 2013 rajehn27 said

Default_avatar
  • 17 Jan 2013 hanmontana2011 said

hanmontana2011

Hi all,

I just did this tour for this new years. Some advice, you dont actually see the ball drop live, from all accounts (as i was lucky enough to actually get into times square just before the ball drop) there is a screen set up at the bar where you can watch it and the feedback on that wasnt positive.

Other options are, as someone said, booking into one of the hotels nearby such as the W, which would be expensive and probably booked out, or another place which has a rooftop party and gives you a good view.

If anyone has other questions, just ask :)

Han

• 17 Jan 2013 hanmontana2011 said

hanmontana2011

Sorry for the double posting. It wouldnt let me delete….

• 15 Aug 2014 Samantha said

Samantha

Hey guy,
    I know this is an old group discussion but I’m planning on doing the New York New Years 2015/2016 and was wondering what you guys thought of it?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.