Community_discussions_small  

Question

Bike tour in Amsterdam?

9 Jan 2012 randomgrrl asked

Default_avatar

I am hoping to go to Europe this year. Been reading all the tours and have noticed that many of them have a local bike tour in Amsterdam and I don't think that seems to be an optional activity. I really want to check out Amsterdam but the problem is that I don't know how to (GASP!) ride a bike! Will I be at a major disadvantage here?
I have also heard about the mountain bike riding in Tyrol but I guess that one is an optional activity?

• 10 Jan 2012 sjaneo said

sjaneo

I think if it costs extra it’s probably an optional. really anything should be optional though I’m sure you dont have to go. My london to paris tour the bike tour of paris is optional – I’m horrible on unfamiliar bikes and get soooo sore afterwards so Im thinking it’s not an option for me :)

• 13 Jan 2012 cdm115 said

cdm115

I think the bike tours are all optionals, but everything is optional anyway.

But maybe this is a challenge to get you to ride a bike, just some food for thought.

• 13 Jan 2012 Caly said

Default_avatar

I am so worried about the same thing !! I don’t know how to ride a bike either =(

• 21 Jan 2012 ExplorerJeff said

ExplorerJeff

amsterdam bike tour is done in eden which is 30 minutes outside of amsterdam city and its an optional activite which means you have to pay for the bike ride. bike are very easy to ride and control you should be right.

• 6 May 2012 randomgrrl said

Default_avatar

Got my tour itinerary. Doesn’t look like it’s listed as an optional activity :(. I really do want to check out the cheese factory in Edam but I don’t want to bother everyone else in my tour with my lack of bike riding ability. Is it possible to still check the cheese factory and the windmills but don’t bike ride there? I tried to give it a go recently and my balance is terrible lol

• 6 May 2012 ExplorerJeff said

ExplorerJeff

Cheese and clog making is done separate to bike tour but the windmill is seen on the bike tour

• 6 May 2012 randomgrrl said

Default_avatar

oh ok then. thanks for your help! :)

• 6 May 2012 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

yes, the bike tour is an optional. my friend did the one in Amsterdam, but she told me not to do it because it was a waste of time

• 5 Aug 2014 Tommo said

Tommo

I dunno if you guys will see this since it’s 2 years late but I am going on the same Amsterdam tour and don’t ride a bike. What happened to you non bike riders haha!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.