Community_discussions_small  

Question

Peru Uncovered October 20, 2012

9 Jan 2012 WorldTraveller asked

Default_avatar

Anyone attending??

• 15 Jan 2012 Yorkshire Traveller said

Default_avatar

Not that i have booked yet but im seriosuly considering going for that date. Been looking at different options but contiki seem the best :)

I have never travelled solo before though not sure about sharing or getting my own room.

• 16 Jan 2012 WorldTraveller said

Default_avatar

I have travelled with Contiki twice now. They are an amazing company to travel with. I went solo on my 2 month tour through Europe (17 countries in 49 days!). It was a great experience and I met a tone of great people. As for the rooms, I would highly recommend sharing, as it is a great way to get to know your fellow travellers whom are from all over the world. Plus you all get up at the same time so you wont miss the bus if one sleeps in!!!

Where are you from??

• 16 Jan 2012 Yorkshire Traveller said

Default_avatar

I am from the UK i live Near Leeds/Manchester. You?

I have flown on my own before and i Visited Singapore for 3 days on my own. Wasn’t much fun after a couple days so would rather travel as a group!
    I have already been traveling in Brazil with a friend and would LOVE to see more of South America.

• 17 Jan 2012 WorldTraveller said

Default_avatar

I am travelling with my husband this time around. We are from Alberta, Canada.

We are very excited to be going on this tour!!

• 17 Jan 2012 Yorkshire Traveller said

Default_avatar

Well i will most likely sort my deposit next week when i get paid I’m really excited about it as well. Be cool to have made a friend before i even go :)

I might combine this with another trip to Sao Paulo to see a friend as well. Early days!!

• 18 Jan 2012 Yorkshire Traveller said

Default_avatar

Did you book your flights with Con Tiki? The Price i have been quoted is a lot almost as much as the trip. I think i will arrange a flight myself and leave it later in the year and see if the price drops.

• 18 Jan 2012 Yorkshire Traveller said

Default_avatar

Did you book your flights with Con Tiki? The Price i have been quoted is a lot almost as much as the trip. I think i will arrange a flight myself and leave it later in the year and see if the price drops.

• 18 Jan 2012 WorldTraveller said

Default_avatar

Since I am in North America the price is a little cheaper for me. However, waiting a bit is always a good idea as prices could go lower.

• 19 Jan 2012 Explorer1351075 said

Default_avatar

I have trouble believing the 5 year old story sorry. Perhaps they lied about her age, or the story was exaggerated or something. That just doesn’t seem possible.
    Ageless Male

• 19 Jan 2012 Zoe said

Default_avatar

I have booked the Adventurer tour departing this date. I’m not exactly sure but i think the Peru Uncovered tour starts with the Adventurer tour and then we just continue on to Argentina and Brazil. So I might be travelling with you :)

• 19 Jan 2012 Yorkshire Traveller said

Default_avatar

Cool Zoe might see you in Peru. You will love Brazil! I visited Sao Paulo, Rio and a place called Porto Seguro. I fell in love with the Kilo and BBQ restaurants :)

But you see Iguazu which is something i would love to see!

• 20 Jan 2012 WorldTraveller said

Default_avatar

Hey Zoe! It will be nice to travel with you.
    Where are you from??

• 23 Jan 2012 WelshChris said

Default_avatar

Hi all. I have also booked the adventurer trip & will be arriving into Lima late on fri 19 Oct. I booked my flights through STA Travel.

• 24 Jan 2012 WorldTraveller said

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone,

I made a Facebook group called Peru Uncovered October 20, 2012. Great way to meet everyone before the tour!!!
    Hope to see you on there!!

Lara

• 24 Jan 2012 Zoe said

Default_avatar

Oh awesome, could you please send the link. I can’t find it on my phone !
    I’m from Australia. Not looking forward to the long flight but it will definitely be worth it :)

• 24 Jan 2012 WorldTraveller said

Default_avatar

Zoe, I can add you. What is your name on Facebook?

Lara

• 24 Jan 2012 Yorkshire Traveller said

Default_avatar

Nice one Lara i will join up :)
    Any one else from the UK going???

• 24 Jan 2012 Zoe said

Default_avatar

I found the group :) and requested to join.

• 30 Jan 2012 Christina Z said

Christina Z

Hi guys I just put my deposit on this trip:) i was trying for March but it was all booked up. This will be my third solo Contiki. I’m coming from NY. I’m gunna try n join the FB page now.

• 3 Jul 2012 Yorkshire_Traveller said

Default_avatar

Bumping this thread i wanted to see if anyone else was coming? We have a facebook page if you want to meet before the tour :)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/348128095206182/

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.