Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Inspiration, March 12th - 30th, anyone??

11 Jan 2012 Megan asked

Megan

I'm going solo, I would love to find some others who are on this trip! :)

i'm from Toronto,Ontario,Canada.

edit! So to clarify, this is the tour that officially leaves the morning of March 12th from London. My documents say it starts the 11th but I assume that refers to the meet up at the hotel the night before it starts.

• 11 Jan 2012 Trent said

Default_avatar

Hi Megan I just booked this as well. I’m also going solo. Can’t wait! :)

• 6 Feb 2012 SebW said

Default_avatar

Hey, I’m on this tour solo as well. My Name’s Seb. It’s going to be amazing!

• 6 Feb 2012 Fi said

Fi

hey hey I’m doing an inspirations tour 12-30 March 2012, is this the one you mean? I’m also going solo….wooohoo.

• 6 Feb 2012 Megan said

Megan

Yeah, Trent and I are pretty sure the 12th and 10th tours are the same thing, since officially it leaves London on the 12th.
    that’s awesome though! Can’t wait to meet you all Where is everyone from? :) I’m from Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

• 7 Feb 2012 Fi said

Fi

Oh yeah, that makes sense it would be pretty strange if there were two tours leaving in two days… I’m Melbourne Australia, 21 y/o. what days are you all getting to London?

• 7 Feb 2012 Patricia said

Patricia

Hi! I’m also going solo….from brasil
    Never went to a Contiki tour before… very excited

• 7 Feb 2012 Georgia said

Default_avatar

Hi, I am also travelling solo for this tour and have never done a Contiki tour before. I am very excited about the trip but hope the weather gets a little warmer in the next 4 weeks.
    Fee – in regards to your question, I am arriving in London on the Sunday before the tour starts. When do you arrive? Which airline are you flying with?

• 7 Feb 2012 Trent said

Default_avatar

Hey guys, glad to see some more people joining the trip. Here’s a link to the facebook page that was already created incase your interested. https://www.facebook.com/groups/302373846449155/?success=1#!/groups/302373846449155/. It’s for the 12th but it must be the same as this trip.
    I’m arriving in london on the Sunday as well and I’m from Saskatchewan, Canada.
    Anybody get their Contiki package yet? I’m still waiting for mine.

Default_avatar

Hi Trent, I just got my package on Friday. I would say yours is on its way. Did you want to know anything specific? I might be able to help. What time do you get into London?

• 7 Feb 2012 Fi said

Fi

I haven’t received my package yet :\ hmmm but I did book through a travel agent. Georgia – I’m going on Ethihad but arriving on Saturday because I wanted a day in London to explore. Is anyone else staying at Royal National before our tour starts?

• 7 Feb 2012 SebW said

Default_avatar

I got my package like a day after I booked the trip. Possibly because I booked everything so late. I’m staying at the Royal National hotel on the Saturday when I get in and the night after the tour finishes. Not looking forward to that 20 hour plane flight

• 7 Feb 2012 Fi said

Fi

That’s great Seb. Where are you flying from? I Think my flight from Melbourne is about that long..not gonna be fun!

• 7 Feb 2012 Trent said

Default_avatar

Hi Georgia, I was just curious to see who’s received theirs so far. I’m sure it will arrive any day now. I’m arriving in London around 8:30am on the 11th. How about you? Where is everyone staying on the Sunday night?

Default_avatar

Hi Trent, I arrive around 12:30 in the afternoon on the 11th and am staying at the Imperial Hotel but plan to be at the pre-tour meeting held in the Contiki Basement at 6pm Sunday.
    Thanks Fee, I am not looking forward to the long flight either!

• 7 Feb 2012 Megan said

Megan

I haven’t gotten my tour package yet, but I booked through a travel agent and she said she’s calling me as soon as it arrives, so I’m not worried!

I leave Canada on the 9th, arrive in London on the 10th in the morning so I’m staying at the Imperial an extra night. Also after the tour I’ll be spending 2 weeks in England – I’ve been there before and love it too much to not go! plus I have family there.

who else is staying at the Imperial on the Sunday?

is anyone bringing a laptop? i’m still contemplating it, but leaning on no… I want to blog but I don’t have a small laptop/netbook I can bring and I don’t want to have too much to carry around. My cousin did a Contiki in Europe and told me I should definitely pack lightly.

Default_avatar

Hi Megan, I am staying at the Imperial on the Sunday night and also after the tour for a few nights. No not taking a laptop. Thanks for the pack lightly advice!

• 7 Feb 2012 Megan said

Megan

no prob! I think I’m just gonna have to try hard to pack light re: clothing, it’s a long time to wear the same things! :P

• 9 Feb 2012 Fi said

Fi

Hey Megan! I will be taking my laptop, because I’m going to stay in Berlin as an exchange student after the tour, so I’ll need it! lol
    And another note to everybody: I have been told they are quite fussy about the sizes and weights on the busses =| I’m not sure how I’ll go cutting out non-essestials, everything seems necessary haha

• 10 Feb 2012 SebW said

Default_avatar

I’m coming from Melbourne as well Fi, though i’m leaving on the 10th, . And it may sound stupid but is the Imperial the same as the Royal National, the website seem to at least suggest they were in the same chain, because my travel agent said that’s where we have to meet. Or do I have my facts mixed up, I should probably just try to find my Contiki book. Garr where is it?

• 10 Feb 2012 Fi said

Fi

Oh yay a fellow Melbournian! Thats great! Where in Melb are you from?
    Anyway the Royal National is the huge hotel that the contiki’s leave from (“The basement”) but the Imperial is a different hotel, apparently a little bit nicer and just a short trip away from the basement where the tour starts =) hope that helps
    I havent got my contiki pack yet! =( I keep bugging my travel agent for it but he hasnt got it in yet! boo hoo.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.