Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Another luggage question

7 Jan 2010 Sarah said

Default_avatar
I'm planning on doing the European Panorama in May, and my cousin took the Ultimate European last summer and she did this and didn't have a problem. But if you run out of space in your luggage can you add an extra small piece of luggage halfway through the tour? Because I have a set of luggage and I want to pack the smaller one inside the bigger one and separate them when I need too. Is this a big no-no or is it okay?
  • 7 Jan 2010 ryan_m said

Default_avatar

Im sure you can add on more items, they only weigh your luggage once, at the beginning of the trip.

• 7 Jan 2010 Explorer1123323 said

Default_avatar

Thats not a problem at all. I did the European Highlights last year and did so much shopping!!! At the begging of the tour my bag was like half empty but still weighed 18kg (20kg is the limit) and by the end of the tour, I could bearly close my bag!!!! So it would have been way over weight!!! Plus I bought a hand bag so i had three and a half bags in total on the tour.

As long as when you start the tour you are under weight!!!!

• 9 Jan 2010 AussieBeksta said

Default_avatar

if you add bags and such on your trip wouldnt you get slugged the extra luggage (or weight) fees from your airline??

• 9 Jan 2010 Kelsey said

Kelsey

It depends on your airline. The airline I took allowed me to bring 2 pieces of luggage and a carry on.

• 10 Jan 2010 Danki said

Danki

if you are using cheap airlines in europe (ryanair, easy jet etc) be VERY careful about extra luggage – it is STRICTLY one carry on, and if you go over the weight for your check in (20kg by memory) it is an extra 20Euro per kg!!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion