Community_discussions_small  

Question

Ultimate European - Advice?

12 Jan 2012 Jasmine247 asked

Jasmine247

Hi,

I'm doing the Ultimate European & Egypt on the 19th of August this year and I would love to get some advice from people who've already done the tour - what you enjoyed, what you didn't, what sights you saw and whether they were worth it, what you packed etc etc.

Would also love to hear from people who're going on an Ultimate European this year, whether it be the Greek Islands option of Egypt.

Thanks,

Jasmine

• 12 Jan 2012 TalissaB said

TalissaB

I’m going on the ultimate Egypt option but in June. I can’t wait :)

• 12 Jan 2012 Jasmine247 said

Jasmine247

That’s exciting! Where are you looking forward to going to most? Have you started thinking about what you’re going to pack yet?

• 12 Jan 2012 TalissaB said

TalissaB

Yah I already have a list haha, I’m packing very little in reagards to clothes, like 2 shorts a few singlets, I will be buying over there haha. The part im looking forward to is Rome :) I love Italy and have wanted to go to Rome for years :) what about you?

• 13 Jan 2012 Jasmine247 said

Jasmine247

I’m definitely looking forward to Egypt & Gallipoli the most. I’ve started on my list, but I haven’t done very much on it so far.

• 20 Jan 2012 Explorer1351504 said

Explorer1351504

This tour is really interesting me… i’m most likely going to book it for April….
    Have you guys done any other tours with Contiki?
    Do you bring a suitcase at all or just your traveling back?

• 27 Jan 2012 Jasmine247 said

Jasmine247

This will be my first contiki tour – but I don’t think it will be my last.

I’m taking my suitcase – what about you for both questions?

• 28 Jan 2012 TalissaB said

TalissaB

First contiki, 3rd time overseas though and I’m taking a wheeled duffl bag :)

• 30 Jan 2012 Jasmine247 said

Jasmine247

Is this your first time to Europe, Tay?

• 30 Jan 2012 Explorer1351504 said

Explorer1351504

This is my first contiki tour also…. Prob won’t be my last either it looks good:)
    I don’t think I’m bringing a suitcase as yougotta take it with ya all the time… I think I’m gonna buy a travelera backpack… Does contiki provide recommendations or suggestion? Where have you all been? Im actually European we immigrated to Canada from holland 10 years ago….. So apparently I have been lots of places but I was little it’s time to experience for ourselves….

• 30 Jan 2012 TalissaB said

TalissaB

Depending who you talk to contiki reps go both ways regarding a suitcase or backpack. It’s really up to you, I’m too short nd weak and have a sore back all the time from work so a wheeled bag works for me :)

I’ve been to London and a few places around there and been to france but cant remember the name, when I was in my uncles wedding :) and been to America. I can’t wait for Europe again :)

• 30 Jan 2012 Explorer1351504 said

Explorer1351504

The I spoke with mentioned to do both a suitcase and a bag you carry everything in. Where did you guys get your visa for turkey and eqypt? Oh that’s exciting I can’t wait to see all of it:)

• 31 Jan 2012 TalissaB said

TalissaB

I’ll get them on the border :) cheaper then doing them here and quite a few others I know are doing the same

• 31 Jan 2012 Explorer1351504 said

Explorer1351504

My only concern is I’m just a canadian citizen so I’m not sure if the same rules apply…. Did contiki provide anything to you guys inregards to the visa where we can get them before or
    See requirements and such?

• 31 Jan 2012 Jasmine247 said

Jasmine247

Nope, haven’t been given anything so just going to do it over there.

• 31 Jan 2012 Kathryn_Kooky18 said

Default_avatar

I’m going on the 13th of may!!!! I’m so excited!!!!!!!!! I’m doing the Egypt side! :D

• 31 Jan 2012 Kathryn_Kooky18 said

Default_avatar

Explorer1351504: Ask your travel agent mine gave me the form for an Egypt visa

Jasmine247

13th of May – oh wow that’s coming up soon! What’re you looking forward to most? I’m not going till August, so I’m going to pick your brain about everything when you get back!

• 31 Jan 2012 Explorer1351504 said

Explorer1351504

She mentioned she would send it and then later when I asked for it she said just get it down their but figure out your requirements as I’m obly a Canadian citizen. Do you still have the link or copy of the forum by chance?
    I’m excited I’m finalizing everything tomorrow:) April 9th

• 31 Jan 2012 Nicky said

Default_avatar

I’m leaving April 9th too!!! I booked 2 night before in London. Explorer135104, do you still speak Dutch? Because I’m from Holland XD Just wondering…
    I’m so excited for the tour, but I’m scared too. I think it will be fun.

Jasmine247

oh wow, everyone else is going so soon! august is too far away – you will all need to update us on your tours!!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.