Community_discussions_small  

Question

euro panorama/explorer late july/early august'12?

13 Jan 2012 Jeff-CDN asked

Jeff-CDN

ive been procrastinating almost a year now , missed my oportunity for summer 2011 , so the plan is now as follows
either european explorer or european panorama (leaning more toward this one but basing my decision on people i meet on here)
to leave late july or early august to ensure im on tour for my bday! (aug 22) so i can celebrate euro'style.
planing on doing the optional excursions ( island hopping or preferably one that goes to egypt.
after the tour im planning on hitting scotland /ireland from london. then maybe zip back down to italy/ greece for a few weeks , so im hoping i meet some more travellers hoping to carry on after the tour is over , if anyone is thinking of doing one of these tours or has similar plans id love to hear from you!!!!!

• 26 Jan 2012 paigeward91 said

paigeward91

me and my friend are doing the euro panorama july and we havnt found anyone else on it!! AND were doing scotland and ireland after!! made up your mind on which one ur doing???

paigeward91

sorry were doing the 30th july

• 26 Jan 2012 Jeff-CDN said

Jeff-CDN

i havent picked an exact date! but july 30th is more likely what i would do. end of the month in july sounds about right!! where ya guys from? :)

• 26 Jan 2012 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

you can’t really base what tour you want to go on by the people you meet on here simply because there are a lot of people that go on the tours that don’t use the board. It doesnt really matter what tour you pick because basically the same kind of people (outgoing, fun, like to have a good time, etc.) go on every tour.

One thing I have noticed though, is that when it comes to the longer tours, the superior ones tend to have “older” people on them (22+), while the budget ones seem to have younger (21 and under) people on them. Obviously there are a few exceptions but for the most part that’s how they seem

paigeward91

were from new zealand, and u??

• 26 Jan 2012 Jeff-CDN said

Jeff-CDN

ive had friends that have done tours… and met tour mates months before on this forum so i feel like its a good idea to be on here.
    im going superior for sure , i dont mind the extra cost id rather not be in a hostel and get my stuff jacked..
    im 25 so i dont really mind having travellers my age on the tour… 18 year olds although fun , and technically legal , make me feel like an old man , so anyone over 20 on the tour is great! but im game to party and adventure with all ages!

paige- im from vancouver bc canada. :P you can fill me in on all the hot spots to see in new zealand im planning an aussie/zealand trip for the end of the year

• 27 Jan 2012 paigeward91 said

paigeward91

hear hear!! oh sweet, you doing it by yourself or on a contiki???

• 27 Jan 2012 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

ya, i wasn’t saying that in a bad sense, i was just giving you the 411 since you said you weren’t too sure which tour you wanted to do. so i was just passing on some info!

• 27 Jan 2012 Jeff-CDN said

Jeff-CDN

no worries RJ , i saw your point , but if i meet travel mates on here and theyre on an exact date i definatly will try to get the same date :P

paige.. ill likely do contiki , cuz im a solo traveller … the more the merrier!

• 27 Jan 2012 CharlotteBeebs- said

CharlotteBeebs-

doooo 30th of july :)

• 16 Mar 2012 brittany0503 said

brittany0503

Hey! Im doing the european explorer on the 12th of august! id love to meet anyone else going!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.