Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Encounter 18th of Feb?

13 Jan 2012 Sunflower Sammy asked

Default_avatar

I was just wondering if anyone else has booked the tour as i have seen no post's about it?

• 14 Jan 2012 Explorer1347916 said

Default_avatar

Hey we have booked I’m traveling with my brother and his fiancé. Who are you traveling with? I’m from Melbourne Australia where are you from? Can’t believe it is nearly here

• 14 Jan 2012 Sunflower Sammy said

Default_avatar

Hey! woo hoo, i was starting to think no one else had booked haha. Im traveling by myself, im from Brisbane :). I know it is so close!
    Is this your first time to Europe? im so excited, i hear it will be really cold!
    It’s my first time there. Im staying at the Royal National hotel in London before hand.
    So great to hear from another traveller!

• 14 Jan 2012 Explorer1347916 said

Default_avatar

It is great to hear from another traveller.nice to know we will have some fellow Aussies with us. Yeah my first time. Im not looking forward to the cold.but so excited.we will b staying there to b4hand. My name is Renee. U nervouse travelling by urself.

• 15 Jan 2012 Sunflower Sammy said

Default_avatar

Yes i am a little bit, but i think i am more excited than anything. Im Sam :) Yeah i have been reading what the weather will be like, boy is it hard finding winter clothes in summer! I had to go on Ebay to buy a coat haha.

• 18 Jan 2012 Explorer1347916 said

Default_avatar

I did end of winter sales last year but I think I will need a coat. What has the weather been like?freezing?
    When are you flying to London?

• 18 Jan 2012 Sunflower Sammy said

Default_avatar

Oh that was good thinking! Yeah freezing, much colder than i have ever been in haha! My flight is on the 15th, what about yours?

• 18 Jan 2012 Explorer1347916 said

Default_avatar

Im not looking forward to the cold it will be a bit of a shock to the system. My flight is on the 13th from here so have a few days to do things b4 hand. Maybe there is only 4 of us going no one else has replied. Haha

• 18 Jan 2012 Sunflower Sammy said

Default_avatar

Yeah i agree, i have never been anywhere that cold before. We may all freeze as soon as we get off the plane! haha. Oh that will give you plenty of time to have some fun in London! My flight arrives in at 4am so hopefully i can stay awake and fit in some sight seeing haha!
    Yeah i would have thought this close to the trip there would be more people on the forum.
    If no one comes the plus side is there will be more room on the bus haha :) Have you got any ideas of what you want to see in London?

• 22 Jan 2012 Explorer1336576 said

Explorer1336576

I’m going to jump into this forum too since it seems to have a plan for at least 4 other people to be on this trip. I’m Jill! I’m from Los Angeles, California(u.s.a). I’m flying out from L.A. with two friends(Allison and Lauren). This is the first time in Europe for the three of us and we couldn’t be more excited!

• 22 Jan 2012 MarnieF said

MarnieF

Looks like there’s at least 8 of us on the tour – I’m in too! I’m Marnie – I’m from Canada. This is my first trip to Europe and I can’t wait!

• 22 Jan 2012 Sunflower Sammy said

Default_avatar

Hi Marnie and Explorer1336576! So great to here from you!
    Not long now! It doesn’t feel real for me yet, it probably wont hit me until i’m on the airplane! haha.
    Are you guys staying at the royal national before the trip?

• 22 Jan 2012 MarnieF said

MarnieF

I’m staying at the Imperial the night of Feb 17. After the tour, I am going back to London for 3 nights. Anybody else extending their stay?
    Should we create a Facebook group to make for easier conversation?

• 22 Jan 2012 Sunflower Sammy said

Default_avatar

Lovely! im staying at the Royal National i arrive on the 15th and i stay another 2 days back in london after the trip. I don’t actually have a facebook haha.
    :) I cant wait to be in London!

• 22 Jan 2012 Explorer1336576 said

Explorer1336576

We’re also staying at the Imperial the night of the 17th, but haven’t booked a room for the 16th as of this point. We’ll be back in London after the tour’s end only until the morning of the 6th…

• 23 Jan 2012 MarnieF said

MarnieF

I’m staying in London until the7th. I haven’t book a hotel for that yet either. I cannot decide if I want to pay for a nice hotel, or just cheap out and stay somewhere really inexpensive. Honestly, right now my biggest concern is luggage size and how to pack light! :)

• 23 Jan 2012 Sunflower Sammy said

Default_avatar

Haha i know what you mean especially with big winter clothes, i have a feeling im going to forget to pack so many things. Im staying at the national just because its the home base for contiki so for the meeting ill just have to walk down stairs haha.

MarnieF

There are so many things that I want to bring but should leave at home – like a hair dryer and straightener! Shoes too! Boots weigh a lot, but are pretty necessary. I’m so happy that European winters are so mild compared to here.

• 23 Jan 2012 Sunflower Sammy said

Default_avatar

Im going to absolutely freeze in Europe, i have never been anywhere that cold. I have heard most places have hair dryers but straightener’s are a must haha! Yeah i cant figure out what kind of shoes to bring, ill probably end up wearing wellingtons haha!

• 23 Jan 2012 Lance_A said

Lance_A

Is it really going to be that cold? I think its 7 degrees in London right now.. 15 in Rome. No problem! Just grab a hoodie, wear layers. ;)

I’m Lance, a Canadian going on my first overseas trip. Mexico and the Domincan Republic are the furthest I’ve been out of the US or Canada. I’m super excited to go on this trip. Wednesday I was thinking about what to do with my time off work… Friday I had it booked. I have a feeling its going to be a nice random adventure for me.

MarnieF

Yes, for us Canadians that’s pretty warm!! need waterproof jacket though, it rains a fair bit in northern Europe

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion