Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Encounter 18th of Feb?

13 Jan 2012 Sunflower Sammy asked

Default_avatar

I was just wondering if anyone else has booked the tour as i have seen no post's about it?

• 23 Jan 2012 Explorer1336576 said

Explorer1336576

7 degrees Farenheit or Celsius???? I’m fairly sure that there is no possibility of packing enough warm clothes into my single suitcase, I’m just going to have to suck it up and get used to the weather!

• 23 Jan 2012 Sunflower Sammy said

Default_avatar

Im from the Gold Coast in Australia and it doesn’t get that cold here haha. Oh yeah what a great way to spend your time off work!
    Its not long now, are you all getting excited?

Default_avatar

I think they use degrees Fahrenheit in Canada im not too sure though.

• 23 Jan 2012 Explorer1336576 said

Explorer1336576

Jesus…& degrees Farenheit…that sounds horrible. 23 days and counting, I think!! Can not wait to be in Europe!

Default_avatar

Haha sure does! I can not wait to get on that plane and start this holiday!! So excited.

• 23 Jan 2012 Benny329 said

Benny329

Hey everyone I’m Ben I’m from Australia, I’m travelling by myself and it’s my first time to europe as well seems we are all european rookies should be awesome fun can’t wait!!

• 23 Jan 2012 MarnieF said

MarnieF

Hi everyone, Canadians use the metric system – so we refer to degrees celcius. Americans use fahrenheit. Regardless of weather we are going to have an amazing time!

Default_avatar

Oh well than that wont be too bad! Woo hoo! im looking forward to meeting everyone!
    Hi Ben im traveling alone from Australia too!
    Is anyone else travelling alone?

• 23 Jan 2012 Lance_A said

Lance_A

I’m travelIng alone. I’m not too worried. Not like I’m backpacking or anything. I’m sure it’s going to be easy to make friends.

I fly out on the 16th and arrive before noon. I wish I could come early or stay later. I’ll just have to make the most of my 18 days. ;)
  • 23 Jan 2012 Explorer1347916 said

Default_avatar

Hi everybody I’m Renee from Australia jumping back in the conversation glad to c there is more of us travelling together I’m traveling with my brother Simon and his fiancé Leah..our first time to Europe. So exited. Not long to go n.

• 23 Jan 2012 MarnieF said

MarnieF

I am traveling alone. I find it exciting, but I also like the comfort of knowing that there’s a group “looking out” for me and that I don’t have to try and interpret train schedules and the like solo – its great that most of the hard work is done for us! I suspect we will all share some great laughs, adventures and stories!

• 25 Jan 2012 Explorer1347916 said

Default_avatar

Now we have been chatting I’m looking forward to meeting you all.I suspect we will all have a fantastic time. That is why I’m goin with my brother so I dont have to do all the train schedules. Haha

• 25 Jan 2012 Lance_A said

Lance_A

Im really looking forward to seeing the coliseum in rome, the eiffel tower etc. Just seeing “the old world”. I’m going to be taking 1000’s of photographs. Our party nights will be really fun, I’ve been known to get pretty retarded sometimes. What is everyone looking forward to the most?

• 26 Jan 2012 Explorer1347916 said

Default_avatar

I’m looking forward to our first nite in Amsterdam should b awesome. Can’t wait to c the Eiffel tower can’t wait for venice it looks beautiful.and some good nites out with my fellow travellers.

• 31 Jan 2012 Sunflower Sammy said

Default_avatar

18 days to go! Is anyone thinking of booking tours in advance like the anne frank museum?

• 7 Feb 2012 MarnieF said

MarnieF

I would like to go to the Anne Frank house…..not too sure about timing and bookings though. Any ideas? Also, what’s with the insane cold weather in Europe lately? I’ve been very lucky so far this year winter has been almost non existent here….I’m going to freeze over there! This is creating havoc on my packing list! LOL

• 7 Feb 2012 Lance_A said

Lance_A

Two words: long underwear.

Although we won’t even be in the colder parts of Europe for 2-3 more weeks. I’m playing it by ear. I don’t even own a winter coat ;)

• 7 Feb 2012 Sunflower Sammy said

Default_avatar

Haha me to Marnie it is so difficult to buy winter clothing in an Australian Summer! I dont have any ideas of times but reading around i have been told in the winter time the lines are a lot calmer. I have read on some of the forums that people have asked the Bus driver what time they would arrive and rang ahead a day or two, so that may be the way to go :). Yeah im not sure what is up with Europe having such a cold winter, should be good fun though :D

• 7 Feb 2012 Explorer1347916 said

Default_avatar

I agree Sam trying to find winter clothes in an Aussie summer is very hard. Havnt started packing yet. Pretty excited about the snow not something you get on the average 40 degree day here.Anne frank house sounds amazing. Is everyone getting excited?

• 9 Feb 2012 Sunflower Sammy said

Default_avatar

Yeah im so excited, im so impatient i just cant wait to get off the ground and in the air!

I found this rather helpful discussion that if your anything like me you may find helpful. I always tend to forget essential things when i pack and than laugh at how i could forget something so important. Since it is around the time when people start to pack i thought it might be a good idea. http://contiki.com.au/community/discussions/23370-packing-listthings-i-wish-i-knew-before-my-europe-tour

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.