Community_discussions_small  

Question

Big Indochina/Asian Adventure - February 26, 2012

15 Jan 2012 Canadian Girl asked

Canadian Girl

Anyone else on this trip? Coming up soon - can't wait!!

• 16 Jan 2012 paris.cherynne said

paris.cherynne

Heya im going on this trip too! Im Paris from the gold coast, australia. Doing the big indochina. Its getting so close :D

• 19 Jan 2012 Canadian Girl said

Canadian Girl

Gold Coast – nice! I did some travelling on the east coast in Australia – stayed in the Gold Coast and Brisbane for a while.

I’m also doing the Big Indochina. When are you flying in?

• 22 Jan 2012 paris.cherynne said

paris.cherynne

I arrive on the 23rd, so i have a couple of days to kill. I will probably spend them sleeping out by the pool. Then after the tour im flying to phuket to do the thai island hopper west. Have you been on contiki before?

• 23 Jan 2012 Canadian Girl said

Canadian Girl

I’m almost wishing I added on another day before hand to get myself sorted out. I’m sure the jetlag will be brutalll. This will be my third contiki – did one in Europe and one in Australia. How about you??

• 23 Jan 2012 paris.cherynne said

paris.cherynne

Its my third as well, did two in europe. I guess im lucky to be pretty close, hopefully ill miss out on the jetlag lol. Im going to get my vaccinations today, its the scariest part of the whole trip! Haha once theyre done i can relax and not be terrified.

• 23 Jan 2012 Canadian Girl said

Canadian Girl

I just decided to go with Twinrix (Hep A&B vaccine). It wasn’t too bad. I still have to get some information in order for the visas (i.e. photos and letter for Vietnam), but other than that I’m pretty much ready to go. Already packed most of my stuff haha. Can you tell I’m excited?? I’ve heard there’s some pretty good shopping along the way too.

What are you looking forward to most on the trip? Heard of any extra adventures along the way? (i.e. I was reading up on going hot air ballooning in Vang Vieng – might have to do that :P ).

• 24 Jan 2012 paris.cherynne said

paris.cherynne

I got one that is a combined hepatitis and typhoid. Not gonna bother with the others. I just wont go to any pig farms or get bitten by any bats. Lol. My visas are processing as we speak. Im gonna do a practice pack soon, pretty much just for fun haha! Im looking forward to the junk boat overnighter, i think that will be pretty cool. And the food!

• 24 Jan 2012 Canadian Girl said

Canadian Girl

Agreed on the junk boat! I think there will be all sorts of interesting experiences along the way. I’m just going to do the visa on arrival for Laos and Cambodia and get that letter of entry for Vietnam. I’ve done a bit of research online and it sounds pretty easy to get there.

• 25 Jan 2012 paris.cherynne said

paris.cherynne

Yeah my travel agent gave me the forms and i figured id just do them, then i dont even have to think about it lol. Probably just as easy either way i guess! Haha

• 25 Jan 2012 Canadian Girl said

Canadian Girl

Weird. I just got your message and I’m actually just filling out information for the Vietnam Visa online right now. Where is the rest of our tour?? lol Hopefully our tour group sells out before we go!

• 25 Jan 2012 paris.cherynne said

paris.cherynne

The website says the tours almost full, so they must be out there somewhere. Probably being creepy and stalking our conversation but not replying.

• 25 Jan 2012 Canadian Girl said

Canadian Girl

Hahaha I did my fair share of that too. You can learn a lot by reading through the discussion boards – or just creeping around the internet in general. And the “Almost Full” thing – I don’t know how to interpret that. When marketing comes into play, there’s nothing like adding a sense of urgency! If no one else comes then the 3 of us will just have a good time haha

• 7 Feb 2012 Liora said

Default_avatar

Add one more person to your group – I’ll be on the trip with you guys, so excited!

• 9 Feb 2012 Axe said

Axe

And another – i am so pumped for this trip! Not long to go now!!

Anyone around on the Friday or sat beforehand and want to hang out?? I’m Axe from Sydney – cant wait to meet everyone!

• 10 Feb 2012 Ross said

Default_avatar

And me…..

Ross from Townsville

• 11 Feb 2012 Canadian Girl said

Canadian Girl

Welcome everyone else! Just 16 more days (in Canada at least)
    :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion