Community_discussions_small  

Question

Heathrow or Gatwick?

15 Jan 2012 Bec14 asked

Bec14

hey all,
bout to book flights and ive been given the option of flying into heathrow or gatwick. whats the closest to the royal national? easiest to get public transport from etc?
any advice as soon as possible would be great :)
thanks guys

• 15 Jan 2012 Kelsey said

Kelsey
    I flew into heathrow and took the tube to the royal national. It was cheap and easy to figure out.
  • 16 Jan 2012 sjaneo said

sjaneo

My travel agent told me the taxes at heathrow were quite big so better to fly through Gatwick but not sure of the price difference.

From what I’ve read you can take the tube from heathrow to royal national but for Gatwick you have to take the train then taxi or tube

• 16 Jan 2012 Bec14 said

Bec14

hmmm…
    i got the ticket prices back if i got to gatwick its gonna be $120 cheaper than heathrow and arrive an hr later. but i mean there is gonna be 4 of us, the last thing we wanna do is have to lug around all our bags into mulitple trains/buses etc..
    i think i might do heathrow, kelsey what sorta price was the tube?

• 16 Jan 2012 Kelsey said

Kelsey

It was only 4 or 5 pounds.

• 21 Jan 2012 ExplorerJeff said

ExplorerJeff

if you travel into heathrow its a bit more expensive due to taxes but gatwick is a good alternative airport as its only 30 minutes by gatwick express to london Victoria station but more expensive train tickets about 17 pounds one way.

• 22 Jan 2012 Rhys said

Rhys

Heathrow is on the same tube line as the Royal National, its much easier to do it that way the trying to chop and change tube lines with all your luggage while dealing with get lag so I’d recommend Heathrow. If you have any other questions at all just ask… or check out http://insydetravel.info which I’ve put a whole bunch of advice on.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.