Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Horizon - June 3rd 2012

16 Jan 2012 SeanT asked

SeanT

I have just booked the European Horizon June 3rd tour.

This is my first Contiki, and my first visit to Europe.
I'm travelling from Australia, and landing in London on the 1st of June, keen to hear from anyone else doing the same tour, especially anyone who'll be in London a few days earlier like me.

Post up a reply if you're booked or considering booking on this one!

• 16 Jan 2012 Glenda said

Default_avatar
    My name is Glenda. I just booked on this tour as well. It will be my first time travelling alone but I live in England so it is not so far away from home. I’m planning to stay in London the night before so I’m not late for the tour start. I’m really looking forward to this but as it’s my first Contiki I’m a little unsure what to expect.
  • 17 Jan 2012 SeanT said

SeanT

Hi Glenda,
    Great to hear I’m not the only first timer! Hopefully we get a few more responses here and can get a few experienced Contikians on the trip too.
    Lots of my mates have done Contiki trips all over the world, and they’ve all had an absolute ball, I can’t wait to expereience it for myself!

• 28 Jan 2012 kolks said

kolks

hey Glenda and Sean, me and a mate are planning on goin on this trip. we are both from the Gold Coast Queensland. have never been on a contiki before, def looking forward to it, 24 and 25 years old. hope yas like to party !!!

• 28 Jan 2012 Glenda said

Default_avatar

Hi kolks
    I’m glad there will be a few of us who have never been on a contiki before. Its gonna be great and I look forward to loads of partying as well as seeing new places.

• 8 Feb 2012 sezza said

sezza

My sister and I are doing this tour that leaves on the 12th June, so we just miss you. We are both from Melbourne & would love to hear how your tour went before we leave for ours. We havent heard of anyone else on our tour as of yet. We are thinking of going to Royal Ascot Races on the 23rd June & Wimbledon when it starts on the 25th June if anyone else is still around and would like to join us. Enjoy your tour. Sarah

• 10 Feb 2012 Boo-Cee said

Boo-Cee

Hi everyone,

My name is Busi, I’m from South Africa. My friend & I are also going on the 12th of June, so Sezza, we’ll be on the same tour. It’s also our first time on a contiki tour & its our first time on an overseas tour. we are sooooo looking forward to this, we’ll spend 2nights in london before we join the tour on the 12th. Looking forward…..

• 11 Feb 2012 Pete said

Pete

Hey guys,
    I’m Pete from Sydney. We’re beta testing an online postcard site so you can send postcards straight to facebook or email. yay, no more stamps. We have postcards from the places you’re going and would appreciate any feedback. www.ThePerfectPostcard.com
    Thanks guys and I hope you like the cards.
    Safe travels!
    Pete

• 12 Feb 2012 Bryony_NZ said

Bryony_NZ

Hi my name is Bryony and I’m from New Zealand, I’m travelling alone and to Europe for the first time also. I am on this tour as well and am so excited and nervous maybe we should create a facebook group.

• 12 Feb 2012 SeanT said

SeanT

Good to see a few more find this post.
    Probably a good idea on the facebook group Bryony, might make it easier to share pics or whatever after the tour too.

• 12 Feb 2012 Glenda said

Default_avatar

Bryony that’s a great idea about the facebook group. I had a look on facebook and couldn’t see one for this tour. I can try and set one up if people want me to.

• 13 Feb 2012 Bryony_NZ said

Bryony_NZ

Perfect, go ahead Glenda :)

• 14 Feb 2012 Glenda said

Default_avatar

Sorry having trouble setting up the group on facebook as it wants me to add friends to it and as I am travelling alone I don’t have people to add yet.

Does anyone know how I can set up a facebook group?

• 18 Feb 2012 Kolks said

Kolks

i know how to make one, ill do one now

• 18 Feb 2012 Kolks said

Kolks

the group name is “contiki horizon 3rd june”, dont know if u can search it but u can add me, my names dane kolkka.

• 18 Feb 2012 SeanT said

SeanT

I think that was the problem Glenda had, the way groups are now is kinda weird.

There is a way to create a searchable group, but I’ve got no idea what it is!

Happy for people to add me too, but please add a note to let me know you’re from here!
    My fb is at www.facebook.com/doesntlikemyname (Sean Tea).

• 18 Feb 2012 Kolks said

Kolks

yea u can search mine now, just had to put it to open to public

• 20 Feb 2012 Paige said

Paige

hey guys :) im paige, 19 and from albury nsw..
    i just booked this tour to and will be my first time in europe.
    very excited!!!

• 4 Apr 2012 Bulld_81 said

Bulld_81

I just booked this tour, kindof a Happy Bday to me present. Hope ya’ll are ready for 10 straight nights of partying!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.