Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Grand Adventure

7 Sep 2006 Khav said

Default_avatar
hey everyone. i'm book on this trip for nov and was wondering if anyone can give me some pointer as to what to expect with regards to accomendations, activities, weather, etc. any input was be greatly appreciated. thx
  • 8 Sep 2006 Bob the Frog said

Bob the Frog

hi khav!!

i didn’t travel on this tour but i’ve been living in new zealand for six months now so i can maybe help you…
    As far as accomodation is concerned, i’d say that you shouldn’t worry as contiki is famous for selecting nice hotels, and there are heaps in NZ!!
    There are also heaps activities to do in NZ, the most famous being skydiving or bungy jumping. I recommend you do this in Taupo or Queenstown as these area are very famous for these activities. In Rotorua/Taupo I think you maight not miss the geothermal parks if not included in your tour.
    In the East South Island you may have the opportunity to take wildlife sightseeing tours like whale or penguin watching, nice too although less exciting than skydiving or bungy jumping!!
    As for the weather, november should be a nice time as it is beginning of summer. North Island can get quite warm but rainy sometime and South Island is still a little bit colder, especially in the mountains and in the evening.

I hope I helped you a bit Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->)

• 8 Sep 2006 Khav said

Default_avatar

most definitely…got a better idea as to what to bring. skydiving/bungy are so on the list of things to do while i’m there; just hope that i don’t chicken out at the last minute…awww.

can’t wait!! i’ve heard a lot of wonderful things about the island. much thanks!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 9 Oct 2006 Maria Andreou said

Default_avatar

Hi Khav,

Ive book this tour too for Nov 19th, what date are you going on?

Maria

• 12 Oct 2006 Khav said

Default_avatar

Hey Maria – I’m booked for Nov 11-23. Just a month to go, I’m so very excited just thinking about it. It’s gonna be my first solo trip, a little scared.

What about you?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.