Community_discussions_small  

Question

Food on the Plane?!?

21 Apr 2007 Kat asked

Default_avatar
ok this could be classed as one of those "stupid questions which everyone should know the answer to" but hey im gonna ask it anyway since im a newbie to this flying thing!

ive received conflicting info by everyone....

* do you take snacks for yourself onto the plane (like lollies, chewys, crisps/chips (would love to take fruit but i dont think you could))
* or do you buy them on the plane
* or are they just served to you?

im flying singapore airlines (and ive looked on their website to no avail) since the flight from australia to rome is like ova 12hrs im figuring i might get hungry or bored or something... please help!
  • 21 Apr 2007 PinaI said

PinaI

It’s not a dumb question – if you’ve never flown how are you meant to know??!!

On the flight from here to Singapore you will get one or two meals, depending on when you leave Perth (most likely just one). From Singapore to Rome you will get two meals, probably dinner and breakfast, again, depends on when you’re flying.

In between times you can ask for peanuts (sometimes there are rice crackers or pretzels) and you can ask for drinks as often as you like (alcoholic or not).

You can definitely take lollies, chewies, chips, chocolates etc with you and you can probably take fruit too but if you don’t eat it you will have to throw it out when you land on the other end.

Enjoy your flight!

• 21 Apr 2007 Kat said

Default_avatar

I leave at about 4pm and arrive in singapore at like 10pm or something, then leave singapore at 1am and arrive at rome 7.45am

thank you so much, that clears that up! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> i am looking forward to the flight!!! and cant wait for the actual tour!

• 21 Apr 2007 space_monkey said

Default_avatar

you always get meals and drinks on international flights. however i would recommend bring a bottle of water and some lollies or other food. depeneding on how busy they are it might take a while for them to get to you.

• 21 Apr 2007 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by space_monkey:
    you always get meals and drinks on international flights. however i would recommend bring a bottle of water and some lollies or other food. depeneding on how busy they are it might take a while for them to get to you.

Bottle of water would probably not even be allowed anymore given the new security regulations.

• 21 Apr 2007 space_monkey said

Default_avatar

in most airports you can only bring in a certain amounts of liquids through security. however once you have passed security you can buy as much as you can/allowed and bring it on the plane.

• 21 Apr 2007 *nikki_adelaide* said

Default_avatar

drinks arent allowed anymore but like space monkey said, should be able to buy some once youve gone thru. probably cost a buttload but..

• 23 Apr 2007 Chris_V said

Chris_V

what type of food can take on the plane , can you take of petnuts butter in your luggage and can you take muslice bars in your your bag ?

• 23 Apr 2007 Chris_V said

Chris_V

I love peanut butter , I did not know that you can buy it over there , would it cost more that in australia , I did not know that you can not vegemite

• 25 Apr 2007 Chris_V said

Chris_V

Can you take Tims Tams on the plane
    or are you not aloud too

• 25 Apr 2007 sous said

Default_avatar

what you’re better off doing is buying food from the airport you are in and eating that on the plane. theres heaps of stuff you can buy in the dutyfree area (lots of biscuits/choc stuff/drinks/chips etc) which is located after you go thru customs. eg i bought an awesome pack of oreos at Hong Kong airport which i definatley enjoyed on the plane!

• 25 Apr 2007 ~*Alex*~ said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Chris_V:
    Can you take Tims Tams on the plane
    or are you not aloud too

Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I’m definitely taking tim tams with me!!!! But i’ll probably put them in my checked luggage. Not sure if you could take them on with the increased security. Could possibly buy them after check in (but would be SOO much more expensive!).

• 25 Apr 2007 ashleightara said

ashleightara

If you are looking for what food is likely to be served on your plane, check out this link airlinemeals.net

Just make sure you’re looking at the right ‘class’ of meal.

• 25 Apr 2007 *CAT* said

Default_avatar

Hey im guessing all duty free shopping areas after the security thing have like a sweet/candy bar especially for sweet tooths like myself? im a newbie traveller also Roll Eyes<!--graemlin::rolleyes:--> Would the security officials not accept brand new sealed packages if we had a reciept??

• 28 May 2007 Bree 24aus said

Default_avatar

hey,

i haven’t read over the replies on here, but..

i looked up the cathay pacific website (who i’m flying with), and they have a huge list of food options that you can choose from!!

low fat; low calorie; liquid diet; fruit only; bland/low gassy; diabetc; low cholesterol; low carb; high fibre…… a pretty large amount of options i thought!

(i chose low fat haha)
    (consulted my mum first on whether low fat or low calories would be better ha)

so just thought i’d share that with anyone else who’s a bit the same way. i think it’s great that you don’t have to be sick to have these choices — preventing poor health

2 weeks to go!!!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion