Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern LA-NY 8th Nov - 3rd Dec 2012

18 Jan 2012 Candace88 asked

Candace88

Hi All ,

Just wondering if anyone is doing this tour in November?

My first Contiki tour and super nervous!!!

Looking forward to meeting some new people and having an awesome travel experience in the US!!

-Candace

• 11 Mar 2012 Shay said

Default_avatar

Hey Candace, I’m going on this tour as well.. I’m doing it on my own and I’m super nervous :) wat u have planned after the tour ends?

• 16 Mar 2012 steph14 said

steph14

Hey all.. My friend and I are going on this tour too! We are also staying a few days in New York after it finishes :) Look forward to meeting you both!

• 16 Mar 2012 Jimmy said

Jimmy

Hi, Myself and a friend are doing this trip for my 21st birthday. Its my first contiki but im very excited. Love travelling and contiki looks like a lot of fun. Looking forward to meeting you all. Am staying in New York for nearly a week and then off to Niagara Falls then Canada for a couple of weeks to visit family. – Jimmy

• 16 Mar 2012 Shay said

Default_avatar

Yea im gonna stay a few days in NY after the tour, r u guys staying at the contiki hotel? Where bouts are you guys from? So exited to go :)

• 17 Mar 2012 steph14 said

steph14

Haven’t decided on the hotel in new York yet but the contiki hotel is one of our options. Is that where you’re staying? My friend and I are from brissie, what about yourself?

• 17 Mar 2012 Shay said

Default_avatar

Yea I’m staying at the contiki hotel..hopefully its good :) aww nice I’m from Perth, u been to America before?

• 17 Mar 2012 Shay said

Default_avatar

Yea I’m staying at the contiki hotel..hopefully it’s good :) aw nice I’m from Perth, have u been to America before?

• 18 Mar 2012 steph14 said

steph14

I went to Hawaii in January so I’ve had a little taste of it but that’s all. Can’t wait to see the rest of it! Have you been before?

• 19 Mar 2012 Jimmy said

Jimmy

My friend and i are from Port Douglas (Cairns). We both work for Starwood hotels Worldwide so we are staying at the Sheraton Meadowlands Hotel which is just across the hudson in New Jersey.

• 20 Mar 2012 Candace88 said

Candace88

Hi Guys,

Wow looking forward to meeting you all :) Im living in Canberra but an ex Queenslander, Im also staying an extra couple of days in new york in the contiki accomodation in New York Sheraton Brooklyn :) Im turning 24 whilst im on Contiki so it should be pretty awesome :)

Thank goodness Im not the only one Shay!! lol :)

21st Birthday Jimmy it should be an amazing!!!!!!

• 12 Apr 2012 chloelouise20 said

chloelouise20

Hey Guys
    Im Chloe
    99% sure that im gonna book these dates for this tour!! im super excited but also super nervous as ill be going alone too!! hoping to stay in la a few days before and new york for a while after maybe check out some surroundings.. really excited to confirm the details!!
    im from perth too

• 19 Apr 2012 Andrew said

Andrew

I just booked this tour aswell, doing a few days in LA before hand & about 5 days in NY afterward.
    First time traveling solo, and in the states so really excited, should be great!

• 22 Apr 2012 monique said

monique

Hey everyone, booking this tour tomorrow, I’ve done an European contiki before so i can definitely say don’t stress if your doing it yourself, by the end of the first day and especially first night out everyone is getting along and it feels like you’ve known each other forever.

• 12 May 2012 Andrew said

Andrew

Just noticed this tour got a definite departure status, so its all going ahead!
    I also saw in some of the other threads that facebook groups are an easy way for everyone to chat with others on the same tour, so I might set one up for everyone to join.

• 12 May 2012 Andrew said

Andrew

https://www.facebook.com/groups/231330913647660/#!/groups/231330913647660/

• 14 May 2012 Greg said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone, I’m 99% sure I’ll be on this tour. 1st Contiki coming from Adelaide. Looking at spending 4 nights in LA before the tour followed by 3 nights in New York then heading to Aspen to hit the slopes on the way home for 5 days. If anyone is keen to come to Aspen please let me know as I would love a travel buddy and someone to split the accom with. Not sure on Hotels in LA and New York yet either.

• 20 May 2012 Mitch said

Mitch

hey guys, gonna be joining this tour. first time over seas completely let alone a contiki tour so fair excited about the whole thing! looking forward to catching up with u all

• 31 May 2012 AlexBFerguson said

AlexBFerguson

Hey HEY Peoples! I just booked this TODAY!!!! Am Super Super psyched! Am planning on a couple of days in LA (for all the vintage stuuf) and a couple of days in NY after too!!!! Just saw Andrew’s stalkerbook idea…..gold! where would we be without it! hahaha WOOOP!

• 1 Jun 2012 Emily said

Emily

Hey Everyone,
    I have also recently decided to do this tour. Can’t wait. I will be doing this with my sister. We have decided to do 2 days in LA before the tour and then we have added the New York uncovered tour onto the end of this one. Can’t wait to meet everyone

• 10 Jun 2012 Brooke said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone, I have just booked this tour. I’m from Newcastle :) Im also traveling alone. I have travelled Europe on a top deck by myself and it isn’t as scary as you think. You meet lots of new people and make great friends :) I have 3 weeks to fill in after the tour and I would love to do a bit of Canada if anyone is interested. I have also booked new years eve in new your contiki tour. I’m also looking at spending 5 nights in la before the tour and hoping to do Disneyland etc.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.