Community_discussions_small  

Question

Best Of USA - September 6th 2012

19 Jan 2012 Nicole asked

Default_avatar

Hey is anyone doing the best of usa (start LA) september 6th - 20th 2012?
I'm thinking of doing it traveling alone but im really nervous about it!

• 23 Feb 2012 Nicole said

Default_avatar

so excited our tour has been made a definate departure :D

• 23 Feb 2012 Nicole said

Default_avatar

• 24 Feb 2012 tulasi said

Default_avatar

I just paid for my trip, so i guess this is it! Great that many solo travellers are on the sept 6th trip. Are you guys heading a few days earlier to LA?

• 24 Feb 2012 Nicole said

Default_avatar

im heading to LA the day before the tour starts and staying in new york 3 days after the tour finishes :)

Default_avatar

I am doing the same thing. Will be in LA a day earlier and leave new york 2 days later. Are you staying at Kyoto Grand for the first day in LA?

Default_avatar

yeah im staying there :) we meet at the lobby of that hotel on the day our tour starts yeah?

Default_avatar

Great..yeah we are supposed to meet there in the morning. I thought it will be very convinient to stay at the same hotel before the tour

• 24 Feb 2012 kazbe said

kazbe

Yeah its so great that the tour is now going ahead on that date. I’m actually arriving on the 3rd I’m looking for somewhere to stay for the first couple of days then staying the day before at the Kyoto. I’m staying four extra days after the tour ends in New York before flying home. The first night after the tour I’m staying at the Sheraton Brooklyn but then I have to find somewhere else. The best part about the whole thing is that the second day of the tour is my 31st birthday!! Can’t wait to meet you all we’re gonna have sooo much fun!!! :-)

• 24 Feb 2012 kazbe said

kazbe

I’m sooo excited that I’m achieving my dream that I’m driving my family and work mates mad. :-) I’ve paid for my flights and paid the deposit for the tour. I now just have to pay off the rest and my travel insurance. What about the extra things on the tour are you guys are planning on doing any of them?

Default_avatar

i had to find somewhere else to stay in new york after the tour as well, im staying at a place called hampton inn chelsea. with the extra things im not sure yet just gonna wing it haha

• 24 Feb 2012 kazbe said

kazbe

I loved to stay there but I’ve looked at it and I don’t think I can afford it :( I’ll keep looking hopefully find something nice and affordable

• 24 Feb 2012 Dani9636 said

Dani9636

Oh yay Im relieved to hear its definite departure. I get to LA on the 3rd also. Am thinking of doing Disneyland on the 4th as I want to do Universal on one of the tour free days. I can’t decide between the two so I figure I’ll do both. I also have 5 nights in new York on the end. I want to see a show in Vegas. I have been looking into Criss Angel. Would anyone else be interested in that? Rumor is you have to buy that well in advance as they sell out quickly. If any of you are on Facebook too let me know and we can be friends! I wish time would speed up to
    September…

• 24 Feb 2012 kazbe said

kazbe

That sounds like fun!! I’m not much of a gambler so was planning on seeing a show in vegas or getting married lol. I’m planning on doing Universal too I’m also planning on going to Paramount Pictures on the 4th or 5th depending on my jetlag. I looked on the website and the Paramount tour is either $50 for a basic 2 hour tour or the VIP tour which looks more fun is $125. How much is Criss Angel?
    Cause I’m planning on getting a tattoo in New York after the tour for my birthday and to remember the trip so I have to have enough money for that.
    I’m on Facebook and would love to befriend any of you so we can become friends and get psyched together.
    My name is Karen Beavis I’m from Dapto NSW if that helps.

• 24 Feb 2012 kazbe said

kazbe

By the way anyone know of reasonable priced hotels I can stay at before and after the tour???
    Since we can only stay the night before and after at the contiki hotels. I can’t seem to find anything

Default_avatar

you can stay 2 nights in the contiki hotel after the tour, thats what im doing. everywhere in new york is so expensive. im keen to see criss angel :D

• 25 Feb 2012 kazbe said

kazbe

thats funny I was told by my travel agent we could only stay an extra night either side of the tour after that you have to pay the normal price.

• 26 Feb 2012 kazbe said

kazbe

Hi guys
    Looked up the Criss Angel show for those of us who want to see it. The tickets are $250 for good seats so if we want to go we should decide on a date and all go together.

• 26 Feb 2012 Dani9636 said

Dani9636

Whoah where did you look that up? On the MGM Grand site that I was looking at where the tickets were, the highest price was $180 for a tickets. I’d be happy to even go c or b tickets if people didn’t want to pay that much. Link below to the booking site. The thing is how do we all book and pay together so that we can sit together? https://reservations.mgmmirage.com/bookingengine.aspx?pid=LUX&host=ticketing&code=HomeBE2012

• 26 Feb 2012 kazbe said

kazbe

I looked it up on the Criss Angel in Las Vegas site. The $250 though is for the good seats for the higher up seats it gets cheaper. I’m happy to go with whatever too. Maybe we should all decide on which day we want to go since we’ll be in Vegas for 2 days then buy the tickets all together once we know who wants to go

• 27 Feb 2012 Nicole said

Default_avatar

wow thats so expensive, i think id rather just sit further back and pay less for it. how far in advance do his shows sell out?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion