Community_discussions_small  

Question

Best Of USA - September 6th 2012

19 Jan 2012 Nicole asked

Default_avatar

Hey is anyone doing the best of usa (start LA) september 6th - 20th 2012?
I'm thinking of doing it traveling alone but im really nervous about it!

• 27 Feb 2012 tulasi said

Default_avatar

I would love to see a show in vegas as well since i am not much of a gambler. I agree with nic, woudnt mind paying less and sit back a little further. Let me know if you guys want to see any other shows, i wouldn’t mind joining

• 27 Feb 2012 Nicole said

Default_avatar

id also love to see holly madisons peep show as well, and go clubbing in vegas is definately a must. so much to do there and so little time :(

• 27 Feb 2012 Nicole said

Default_avatar

id also love to see holly madisons peep show as well, and go clubbing in vegas is definately a must. so much to do there and so little time :(

• 27 Feb 2012 Dani9636 said

Dani9636

Sorry but I’d rather book through the site I provided as they have the best seats for $180 not $250. Maybe the site you are looking at is like a broker site so they charge extra I don’t know but direct from that site is $180 for A seats. As I said I’m also happy to go around the $100 mark and sit a bit further back also. I have no idea how early they sell out to be honest. My friend didn’t book in advance and couldn’t get in but I’m not sure how far in advance they had sold out. Maybe if we looked to book by the end of March or so we should be fairly safe?

• 27 Feb 2012 kazbe said

kazbe

I totally agree with you all we should book cheaper seats cause $250 is a little too expensive for me. I can go from $180 down. I can’t seem to find any info on how fast they see out. I agree with Danielle if we book at the end of March we should get good seats. And Nic I will definately be doing some clubbing and gambling too. :)

• 27 Feb 2012 Dani9636 said

Dani9636

Me threeee!

• 28 Feb 2012 Nicole said

Default_avatar

I had a look at tickets and kazbe is right they are about $250 for good seats. it depends what night you go on as to how much tickets cost. you can still get tickets like a week before the show it just costs more money i saw tickets to a good next week for $300. but yeah it seems the more advance you book the cheaper it is.

Default_avatar

I also found cheaper tickets on the cirque du soleil website. $100 for the back section and $120 for the front section. Much cheaper and better seats on this website than the main criss angel ticket website.

• 28 Feb 2012 Dani9636 said

Dani9636

Well maybe that’s what it was. I was looking for September 13th as I worked that out as around the time we were there so maybe cos I was looking in advance it was cheaper. I guess that just shows we should definitely book in advance so we don’t get stuck paying a fortune. I’m happy to book whenever everyone’s ready. Anything else ppl are planning on doing on the trip? I’m going to book to go out to azkaban in San Fran and I’m going to be lame and do a sex and the city tour in new York lol.

• 28 Feb 2012 kazbe said

kazbe

That sounds great. I’ll join you in that. I’m an entertainment freak so I’m going to see a broadway show after the tour. But will definitely be doing the sex and the city tour in New York. :)

• 28 Feb 2012 kazbe said

kazbe

How much is it to go out to Alcatraz??

• 28 Feb 2012 Dani9636 said

Dani9636

I don’t think too much. I haven’t really looked at it properly but I think I found somewhere for the boat and tour that was around $30-$50

• 28 Feb 2012 kazbe said

kazbe

I looked up the site the best tour is apparently at night that would be sooo much fun and yeah it is about $50

Default_avatar

yeah I’m definately keen for the sex and the city tour as well :)

• 28 Feb 2012 kazbe said

kazbe

is there anything else anyone is interested in doing?? cause there is so much I wanna see and do I’m so glad I have extra days on either side to do them :)

• 29 Feb 2012 Dani9636 said

Dani9636

I know it’s crazy. At this stage LA is Disneyland and Universal Studios plus the tour stuff like rodeo drive etc. San Fran is just Alcatraz (and yep night was what I was keen on too). Vegas was Kriss Angel and grand canyon plus I’ve heard the outlets are amazing for shopping. New York would be sex and the city, all the buildings although i may not go up empire state as I’ve heard the queues are massive and there will be so much to do so I guess I’ll see about that. I probably wouldn’t mind a broadway show depending what is on. I’d also like to go to the central park zoo. At this point that’s all I’ve really thought about but I’m sure every day will be full!! Lots of research to do over the next 6 months.

• 29 Feb 2012 kazbe said

kazbe

For me it’s pretty much exactly the same as you Danielle except maybe Disneyland that will depend on how much money I have. In New York I’m gonna have breakfast at Tiffany’s, walk through central park, catch a yellow cab somewhere so I can flag one down lol. And the Broadway show I’m planning on seeing is Sister Act its about $200 for good seats and souvenirs. :)

• 29 Feb 2012 tulasi said

Default_avatar

Wow..looks like i will be having company for alot of the things i would like to do and the sex and the city tour is definately one of it!

• 1 Mar 2012 Nicole said

Default_avatar

yeah I really wanna do universal studios and disneyland as well :) they’re included in the tour yeah? and the celebrity homes tour I think might be included as well which I really wanna do. id also love to go to the stratosphere tower in vegas as well :)

• 1 Mar 2012 Dani9636 said

Dani9636

There is optional extras for our spare time in LA which includes Disneyland and Universal. My concern is the time to do both so I plan on doing Disneyland on the 4th at this stage so that in the tour I will have time for universal and other exploring. If you are in LA on the 4th feel free to come with. Its still all just ideas at the moment though. I’m not doing much planning yet as I just get too excited to go lol. When I know for sure ill let you all know. Yep the celebrity tour and walk of fans etc are all included in the tour which will be fun. Haven’t heard of stratosphere tower but I’m sure I’ll be up for that. I think I’ll be up for just about everything. I am just on such a tight budget until we go as I want to be able to do anything and everything I want and not have money hold me back

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.