Community_discussions_small  

Question

Best Of USA - September 6th 2012

19 Jan 2012 Nicole asked

Default_avatar

Hey is anyone doing the best of usa (start LA) september 6th - 20th 2012?
I'm thinking of doing it traveling alone but im really nervous about it!

• 1 Mar 2012 Dani9636 said

Dani9636

*walk of fame I meant…

• 5 Mar 2012 Lecii89 said

Lecii89

Hi everyone!! Im doing this tour to SOLO (YAY!!), but im also doing hawaii stop over for 2 nights and i arrive in LA the day before the tour starts which is the 5th, im really excitied I CANT WAIT!!! and after the tour im going down to washington DC its only a 3 hour train ride, anyone interested??

• 6 Mar 2012 kazbe said

kazbe

I’d love to see Washington. Since its only a 3 hour train ride are you staying down there after the tour or going for the day to sightsee??

• 6 Mar 2012 Lecii89 said

Lecii89

Hi Kazbe!! im going down there for the night, and i fly out the next day, id figure i can see what i want to see in one day there. everything is close, white house, memorial etc

• 9 Mar 2012 lucy21 said

Default_avatar

Hey! im thinkin of doin this tour solo! but i am very nervous about it! i see alot of u are doin it solo?

• 9 Mar 2012 tulasi said

Default_avatar

H lucy, I was pretty nervous initially but there are many solo travellers on this trip and everyone is very encouraging. I am sure we will have a blast.

• 9 Mar 2012 lucy21 said

Default_avatar
    hi Tulasi Yeah it seems tht way which is awesome! Ill just have to book it!. :) is anyone going over for a few days before or after?
  • 9 Mar 2012 tulasi said

Default_avatar

I am heading to LA a day before and will stay in New York 2 days after

• 9 Mar 2012 Dani9636 said

Dani9636

Yeah there are probably going to be more of us going solo than with friends/couples etc. Book away. We are going to have the greatest time. I have 3 extra days in LA and 5 extra days in New York :-)

• 9 Mar 2012 Lecii89 said

Lecii89

Hi Lucy and Tulasi!! Definately come it will be a blast and where are you guys from ?? Would you come down to washington aswell?? Ill post up the details about this later :P

• 9 Mar 2012 kazbe said

kazbe

Hi guys!!

You definitely all have to come so far we’re all going on our own, so the more the merrier :)
    I’m arriving 3 days before the tour and flying home four days after the tour ends. I’m hoping to go down to Washington for the day after the tour but it’ll depend on funds. :)

• 9 Mar 2012 lucy21 said

Default_avatar

hey lecii i am from wellington new zealand. would deff be keen to come to washington. im keen to stay a few days after the tour ! :)

• 17 Mar 2012 kazbe said

kazbe

Hey Guys

I’ve been talking to my family the last couple of days and they believe that I may not have enough money when we get over there for things like lunch, dinners, taxis and tips etc. They think I’m gonna spend it all on places to see and souvenirs. Which got me thinking maybe I haven’t planned out enough so just out of curiousity how much is everyone planning on taking for that sort thing?? (you dont have to say if you don’t want too) :)

• 18 Mar 2012 Nicole said

Default_avatar

you should be fine, food is cheaper over there than what we pay here and alot of our meals are already provided im pretty sure. I dont think you’ll need to catch taxis really and i have no idea how tips works over there

• 18 Mar 2012 kazbe said

kazbe

Apparently according to my sister and brother who have been over there you tip 10-15%. I know I should be fine but my family like to drive me crazy making sure I’ve thought of everything. :)

• 18 Mar 2012 Dani9636 said

Dani9636

I’m the same. Just saving every penny I have before the trip. Whatever I have will be coming with me and hopefully I’ll have enough that I’ll come back home with money. All you can do is take what you can really!

• 25 Mar 2012 JD1313 said

Default_avatar

Hi – I’m thinking of doing this tour solo as well, but am really nervous about traveling alone, I can see there are a few other people going alone, I would be keen to arrange to meet up with some people a few days before the tour starts if anyone is keen.

• 27 Mar 2012 kazbe said

kazbe

I’d be happy to do that! I get into LA on the 3rd and I’m staying at the Hotel we’re booked into for the LA part of the Contiki trip. So if you decide to do the tour I’ll definitely meet up with you and anyone else who wants too.

• 29 Mar 2012 Nicole said

Default_avatar

hey has anyone got their visa waivers yet? im a bit confused about it i applied for one on the esta website and i paid for it and it was approved but im not sure if i get something sent out in the mail or how it works does anyone know??

• 29 Mar 2012 kazbe said

kazbe

I havent got my visa yet. In fact that’s all I’ve got to get once I’ve finished paying off the Contiki Tour. But I’m doing mine with the help of my travel agent just before I leave for the trip so I’m not exactly sure how it all works :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.