Community_discussions_small  

Question

Best Of USA - September 6th 2012

19 Jan 2012 Nicole asked

Default_avatar

Hey is anyone doing the best of usa (start LA) september 6th - 20th 2012?
I'm thinking of doing it traveling alone but im really nervous about it!

• 9 Apr 2012 Dani9636 said

Dani9636

hey guys. Im also getting into LA on the 3rd and am happy to meet up with those interested and around. I haven’t had a chance to look into the visa stuff with a great deal of detail but was planning on looking into shortly so will let you know what I figure out. Im doin all the trip stuff myself though so no guarantees that I’m the best to ask haha. Only 5 months to go guys yay!

• 10 Apr 2012 Nicole said

Default_avatar

im getting to LA on the 5th and would also be happy to meet up with all of you, which shouldnt be too hard since were all staying in the same hotel :)

• 11 Apr 2012 Dani9636 said

Dani9636

Help! Are any of you staying on in New York after the tour. I am and am trying to find some decent accommodation but everything either costs a fortune or is a dump. Im trying to steer clear of hostels if I can. I am thinking about staying in Long Island but Im not sure if it will be a pain staying outside of Manhattan. Where are you guys staying if you are staying on in NYC?

• 11 Apr 2012 tulasi said

Default_avatar

Hi Dani,
    I am staying at the same hotel of our trip (Sheraton Brooklyn). Most of the hotels in NYC are very expensive, so i thought it will be best to have a share accomodation in the same hotel.

• 11 Apr 2012 Nicole said

Default_avatar

im staying in the same hotel as the tour for 2 nights after the tour ends then im staying at the hampton inn chelsea for an extra night, it was the cheapest decent place I could find but still expensive.

• 11 Apr 2012 kazbe said

kazbe

I’m staying in the same hotel as the tour for an extra night after the tour then moving to the hotel st james on times square for the final couple of nights. it cost me about $700 for all 3 nights but its in the perfect location for what i want to see and do. A bit expensive i know but ive waited soooo long for this trip im going make it as memorable as possible :)

• 15 Apr 2012 Dani9636 said

Dani9636

Thanks guys. I ended up finding accommodation in Queens. I would’ve loved to stay in the heart of it but I have an extra %five nights in New York and it was just blowing my budget. The place I found is right next to a subway station with a !) ten minute trip to Manhattan, times square etc so that suits me fine. We’ll have to look into buying those tickets for Kriss Angel soon too. Any ideas on best way to go about it so we can all sit together on the night.

• 19 Apr 2012 kazbe said

kazbe

I agree we should all work out what date/day of the tour works best for us all to see the Criss Angel show and how many of us are going then I’ll look into seats etc. I’m happy to book them if everyone is comfortable transferring the money to me so that we can all sit together.

• 23 Apr 2012 Dani9636 said

Dani9636

Well I’ve tried to have a look at dates and it seems like we’re free on 13th and 14th Sept so we could go either of those nights. Someone else definitely needs to check the dates though in case I counted wrong or something lol. I think you seem trustworthy :-) I just had a look on the site and tickets in Sept are starting to sell out so we should get the ball rolling on this

• 25 Apr 2012 Shelby91 said

Default_avatar

Hey there!
    Does anyone know by any chance the hotels we’ll be staying at in Los Angeles and New York? I’m trying to finalise some extra accommodation once the tour has finished!

• 25 Apr 2012 Dani9636 said

Dani9636

Hey Shelby. It’s the Kyoto hotel in LA and the Sheraton Brooklyn in NYC. I just spoke to the contiki ppl about the same thing :-)

• 25 Apr 2012 Shelby91 said

Default_avatar

That’s fantastic…thanks heaps Dani!!

• 25 Apr 2012 tulasi said

Default_avatar

hi guys, should we start a group facebook forum so that communication could be easier? Or has anyone started this already?

• 26 Apr 2012 Nicole said

Default_avatar

yeah thats a good idea :) theres also a contiki meet up thing we can join to communicate better but i dont really know alot about it

• 30 Apr 2012 Dani9636 said

Dani9636

Yeah a Facebook group would be great. I have a friend who’s going on a different trip with Contiki and she has met all 50 ppl going on a contiki Facebook group. Does anyone know how to
    Arrange this? I can probably figure it out but if someone else has done this before it’d probable be easier

• 5 May 2012 kazbe said

kazbe

I’ve created the Facebook group for us. Once I have it sorted I’ll put the link on here. :)

• 5 May 2012 kazbe said

kazbe

Ok little hiccup! When creating the Facebook group I realised that for it to actually work I need to be friends on Facebook with all you lovely people so if we can get that sorted out I’ll create the group so others can join :)

• 6 May 2012 Dani9636 said

Dani9636

Sorry not really sure what you need me to do? My full name is Danielle Reynolds from geelong Vic if you need to find me?

• 6 May 2012 tulasi said

Default_avatar

Thanks Karen for organizing this. I have just sent you a friend request.

• 10 May 2012 Holly said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone :)
    I am looking into doing the trip on the 6th too! I am from Adelaide and was a bit nervous, seeing as this would be the first trip I have done on my own, you know, what if I ended up on a tour with a bunch of loved up couples was one of my main concerns, also, what if no one wanted to go check out the things I wanted to see – but reading through all the posts you all seem really lovely and its made me realise I am not the only one who would be taking on this great adventure solo! I would
    love to talk to you all about it more, there is so much to consider… may I join your facebook group so we
    can chat some more? My name is Holly Danielle Reeve if you wanted to find me on FB :)

Thanks,
    Holly

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.