Community_discussions_small  

Question

Is anyone going on Asian Adventure 17th June 2012

19 Jan 2012 Explorer1180764 asked

Default_avatar

Hey, just wondering if anyone else is booked on the Asian Adventure for the 17th June 2012?

• 1 Feb 2012 Theo@SouthAfrica said

Theo@SouthAfrica

Definitely going on the asian adventure, just dont know when, either 17th june or in october of 2012

• 1 Feb 2012 SarahEmilyD said

SarahEmilyD

Hi! I’m planning to go 9th-22nd of September, just waiting to hear if I can get time off at work. Hope you have a good trip!

• 6 Feb 2012 Bajjer said

Default_avatar

Hi Sarah,
    Also planning on doing the 9th – 22nd september will be a blast :-) Good luck getting the time off !!

• 7 Feb 2012 SarahEmilyD said

SarahEmilyD

I’m pretty sure it’s a go. I have to start looking at flights, I think I’m going to fly from DC to South Korea to Bangkok. Where are you coming from?

• 7 Feb 2012 Bajjer said

Default_avatar

Good to hear ! Blimey sounds a long old journey for you ?? We fly direct from the Uk into Bangkok need to book them shortly mind as they are a fair price at the moment no doubt they will start increasing soon !!

Probably going to have a few extra days either side as well :-)

• 14 Feb 2012 SarahEmilyD said

SarahEmilyD

What airline are you flying? I’m trying to decide if I should take Korean Air or Qatar Airways. Not many airlines fly in and out of Siem Reap! On the Sept 22nd side of the trip, are you going to stay in Siem Reap or travel around more once the tour is over?

• 20 Feb 2012 Bajjer said

Default_avatar

Think we are going to fly BA or maybe Thai not a big price difference between the 2 so probably BA, Haha yes weve had the same issues we will have to head back to Bangkok to get the flight home ! Not to sure yet we will be having an extra 4 days but havent decided how we are going to use them yet – Will defo fly in a day earlier mind so will probably have an extra few at the end how about you ?

• 22 Feb 2012 SarahEmilyD said

SarahEmilyD

I looked up flights on Bangkok Air and they are $150 USD from Siem Reap back into Bangkok. It seems as though going by land back to Bangkok is kind of unreliable though there are some taxis and buses that will take you. I have a few extra days at the end before I need to get back to the US but as I don’t know anyone yet I don’t know how to plan for it. I’m planning to check into the hotel in Bangkok 2 days early though. Are you traveling with friends?

• 22 Feb 2012 Bajjer said

Default_avatar

Thats pretty good value and probably the way we will go, We did have a look to see if there were any interesting places to visit between Siem reap and Bangkok that we could head to after the tour but it seems as tho staying in siem reap maybe our best bet, Will decide that at a later date :-) Your be fine im sure there will be loads on the Tour that are staying a few extra days – If not your more than welcome to join us two for the last few days as we will have to head back to Bangkok by some means :-) Yes me and my mate – take it your going solo ? Theres a very good chance we will also be there two days prior as it makes sense to get accustomed to the place and times before the tour starts :-)

SarahEmilyD

Quick side note, are you and your mate bringing packs or rolling luggage? I don’t own a pack but if I bring rolling luggage I’m definitely carrying-on the plane.

SarahEmilyD

And yep, I’m going solo!

• 22 Feb 2012 Bajjer said

Default_avatar

Probably Take a pack to be honest not sure i can handle lugging a rolling case around – Havent got one so will buy one especially lol, It will be a Blast were all booked now so bring on September :) Where abouts in the states you from?

• 11 Mar 2012 Kara said

Kara

Hey, I’m looking at booking the big indochina adventure for the 17th so would be on the same tour! I’ll need to make some decisions and book soon, are you arriving early?

• 12 Mar 2012 Explorer1180764 said

Default_avatar

Hey Kara, Yep i’m arriving early. i will be in cambodia for 2 weeks before the tour starts but will be arriving in bangkok on the 16th :)

• 12 Mar 2012 Kara said

Kara

That sounds so good, wish I could have got extra time off :) I’m hoping to get there on the 15th are you going solo or with friends?

• 12 Mar 2012 Explorer1180764 said

Default_avatar

Yeh i’m having a total of 6 weeks off work :) can’t wait i’m so excited. yep i’m travelling solo for the first 4 weeks. will u be travelling with friends?

• 13 Mar 2012 Kara said

Kara

Lucky! Na I will be going solo too, it’ll be my first contiki/solo trip, exciting!

• 13 Mar 2012 Explorer1180764 said

Default_avatar

i’ve been saving my leave up for a while hehe
    that’s very exciting that its your first trip, you will have an amazing time :)

• 17 Mar 2012 TravelBug26 said

TravelBug26

I am def considering this trip. i cant decide either this one or the china adventure. ah to many choices.

• 18 Mar 2012 Explorer1180764 said

Default_avatar

i so want to do the China Adventure one, it looks like a fantastic trip. Goodluck with your decision :)
    i say do both tours hehe

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.