Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand southern October 2012 NY- LA

20 Jan 2012 chelsea asked

Default_avatar

Hey all,
Im thinking of doing the grand southern tour i think the 19th of october NY- LA, just interested to see who else is thinking about this one or already booked ..

• 24 Jan 2012 Mel said

Mel

I was originally planning to do this but now I’m thinking of doing it the other way around (LA to NY) starting october 25th.. that way ill end up in NY and can spend some time there HOPEFULLY with some people from the tour. (since i am going on my own). Yet to book anything in though.

• 25 Jan 2012 chelsea said

Default_avatar

I Just liked the Idea of vegas being towards the end up the tour because it woud be such a big Way to sort of finish up … ButI’m looking at doing the tour by myself too soo maybe I should look at doing it LA to NY seems to be the way most people seem I do it .. I Havnt booked yet but hopefully will be soon :)

• 30 Jan 2012 Nathan said

Nathan

Hi all! I’m booked to do the grand southern tour starting on the 19th of october. Booked it a couple of weeks ago..

• 30 Jan 2012 Mel said

Mel

I am considering doing it this way now too.. then flying back to NY at the end to spend some time there. It would be fun to have Vegas at the end of the trip!
    Where are you from Nathan? Are you travelling on your own?
    I’m Mel, 24, from Melbourne
    Have you booked your tour yet, Chelsea? Are you doing this one?

• 30 Jan 2012 chelsea said

Default_avatar

Hey I’m pretty sure that I’m going to do this tour I just waiting to see that I can definitely get the time of work as soon as I know that I will be booking so hopefully in the next week or so … I’m really interested having a little bit of extra time in NY too but I was thinking of doing that before the tour …

• 31 Jan 2012 Nathan said

Nathan

Hi Mel & Chelsea, I’m Nathan, 23, from Griffith in NSW and yeah I’ll be travelling on my own. I’m having a few days in NY before the tour so I can have a look around and see the sights, then I’m doing the same in LA at the end of the tour, as well as a few nights in Hawaii on the way home to unwind. Have any of you been on contiki before?

• 31 Jan 2012 chelsea said

Default_avatar

Hey nathan .. Im 23 too from Sydney ….that’s pretty much how I wanna do it to a few days in each place either side of the tour … I did a contiki around Europe almost two years ago now for 29days was awesome best way to see a lot in a short amount of time … Tho I was traveling with a friend last time so this would be my first one by myself !!!

• 31 Jan 2012 Explorer1307323 said

Default_avatar

website worth calculator

That is great post. It’s very nice. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

• 1 Feb 2012 Nathan said

Nathan

Awesome! Yeah this will be my first trip on my own but it should be fun. I can’t wait! Let us know if you end up booking the tour on the 19th of October :)

• 4 Feb 2012 chelsea said

Default_avatar

Holidays are approved !!! I’m going on monday to book Grand southern 19th of October.,. Cannot wait woohoo =D

• 11 Feb 2012 Pete said

Pete

Hi guys,
    I’m Pete from Sydney. We’ve just started an online postcard site so you can send your postcards straight to facebook or email and we’re trying to get the word out. We have postcards for the places you’re going so please spread the word around your tour. Thanks guys and safe travels!
    www.ThePerfectPostcard.com
    Pete

• 20 Feb 2012 Jacinta75 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys I booked this tour last week! so excited!! I will be travelling by myself aswell :)

• 20 Feb 2012 chelsea said

Default_avatar

Hey that’s awesome .. Glad to see more people are booking it .. I can’t wait :)

• 20 Feb 2012 Nathan said

Nathan

So you’re all booked now are you Chelsea? Hi Jacinta, where abouts are you from, etc? It’s awesome that there’s more people joining this tour :)

• 20 Feb 2012 chelsea said

Default_avatar

Yep all booked =D

• 20 Feb 2012 Jacinta75 said

Default_avatar

I’m 21 and from canberra! Ill be doing Europe first then over to America to do this tour!

• 13 Mar 2012 chelsea said

Default_avatar

Hey guys I just noticed that our tour has been made a definite departure .. Heaps exciting =D

• 13 Mar 2012 Nathan said

Nathan

Has it? That’s great! October cannot come quick enough! :D

• 13 Mar 2012 casey said

casey

Me and one of my girl friends booked the October tour today :) NY to LA.. she really wanted to go to NY and me LA so works perfectly :) Im keen to embrace everything america.. i wanna try the food .. drink the alcohol and live in the moment .. PARTY HARD and have fun .. love making new friends so really really excited!!! This KIWI is gonna party like a rockstar :):)

• 13 Mar 2012 casey said

casey

:)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.