Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand southern October 2012 NY- LA

20 Jan 2012 chelsea asked

Default_avatar

Hey all,
Im thinking of doing the grand southern tour i think the 19th of october NY- LA, just interested to see who else is thinking about this one or already booked ..

• 13 Mar 2012 chelsea said

Default_avatar

Bring on October .. Absolutely cannot wait .. It’s gonna be soo good can’t wait to meet everyone :)

• 7 Apr 2012 Louise85 said

Louise85

Hi all, just setting up my profile now. Am booked on this tour too. Got a few days in NY first and in LA at the end. Am heading over to OZ from there for 11 months. It’s great to see others are booking up and also traveling on their own. Lou :-)

• 10 Apr 2012 casey said

casey

Hey Louise :) where are you coming from???? Thats awesome im so excited :) Me and my friend are both booked , we are kiwis coming from australia (Perth) we arer spending a week in NY before the contiki and 5 days after in LA/Vegas :) Cant wait to meet everyone :)

• 10 Apr 2012 chelsea said

Default_avatar

Hey I’m doing same I have a few days either side of the tour in NY and LA :)

• 10 Apr 2012 Kiwiclubbn said

Kiwiclubbn

Im doing this one too! Looking forward to an amazing time.. Be good to know how many peeps are on the tour?

• 10 Apr 2012 casey said

casey

another kiwi :) YEAAAAAH BUDDY :) i heard its close to 50 ppl :)

Kiwiclubbn

Haha oh know this could be trouble! :) shit really! This is gunna be awesome!!

Kiwiclubbn

Haha oh know this could be trouble! :) shit really! This is gunna be awesome!!

• 10 Apr 2012 casey said

casey

Oh all ive been doing is hoping we have some kiwis.. i mean i really wanna meet people from every part of the world dont get me wrong but i know how us kiwis drink and that excites me :) hahahahaha bring on october :)

Kiwiclubbn

Hahaha oh yeah Ill need to do a bit of training then… I have a few aussie mates and geez they arent shy to party either! Bring on October alrite :)

• 10 Apr 2012 Louise85 said

Louise85

Hi All, I am coming from the UK but am doing this on my way to Oz for a year (hopefully more). I am flying into Perth from LA. Is anyone doing the pre-tour accommodation? They wont seem to tell me what time the tour starts on the 19th Oct. I am going to start up a group on facebook soon for our tour so as people start to book they can join. Unless there already is one? :-)

• 10 Apr 2012 Nathan said

Nathan

Hi all! I’m not doing the pre-tour accommodation, but I am staying at the contiki accommodation after the tour for a few days to see the sights in LA. As for the facebook group, that sounds like a great idea! That way we might get an idea of how many are going on the tour. I don’t think there is one at the moment either

• 10 Apr 2012 casey said

casey

Louise , we will be leaving LA and flying home to perth around the 18th we plan to leave LA ! Ill let you know the flight details when we book it :) How long will you be in perth ?? Thats my home town :) Love perth so much !!! .. oh and FYI .. im already in the process of doing a face book page ill finish it today :) ..

• 11 Apr 2012 casey said

casey

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Grand-Southern-Oct-2012-New-YORK-Start/123948757729075

• 12 Apr 2012 Louise85 said

Louise85

Hi Casey, I am flying out of LA on the 16th November. Am in Perth for a couple of weeks then getting the IndianPacfic train to Sydney.

I’ve booked on the Pre-tour accommodation but going to cancel this. I may have a look at the post tour accommodation depending on location.

Have all you guys booked this as a break from work or are you carrying on travelling afterwards? :-)

• 12 Apr 2012 Kiwiclubbn said

Kiwiclubbn

Hey Louise
    Yeah as a break from work, but after contiki im gonna tour california, go up to yosimite for maybe a week and also check out san fran city.. I havent booked any of this its gonna be totally random backpacking part :)
    Gonna be a pretty cool trip!
    Sounds like you gotta pretty exciting time ahead with the big move down under :)

• 13 Apr 2012 Travel.Bug said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone was thinking of doing this tour but your all so young.. This old duck will turn 29 on the tour if I book! Plus I’d be going on my own! Ahhh..

• 13 Apr 2012 Kiwiclubbn said

Kiwiclubbn

Hahaha Im 29 now!! And going alone… Get on tour its gunna be awesome :)

• 13 Apr 2012 Louise85 said

Louise85

Hi – you should do it. I think there will be people of all ages. I am 27 and doing it on my own.

Wow – really want to do Yosemite. San Fran is one of my favourite cities – you have to go there.

• 13 Apr 2012 Travel.Bug said

Default_avatar

Cool looks like we will be hanging together old man ; ) oh awesome Louise.. It’s looking like I might jump on board!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion