Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand southern October 2012 NY- LA

20 Jan 2012 chelsea asked

Default_avatar

Hey all,
Im thinking of doing the grand southern tour i think the 19th of october NY- LA, just interested to see who else is thinking about this one or already booked ..

• 13 Apr 2012 Travel.Bug said

Default_avatar

Cool looks like we will be hanging together old man ; ) oh awesome Louise.. It’s looking like I might jump on board!

• 13 Apr 2012 Travel.Bug said

Default_avatar

Hey Louise I just added you on Facebook I hope you don’t mind..

• 13 Apr 2012 Louise85 said

Louise85

Hi Kim, No problem. I am happy for you all to add me on facebook. If you go onto the group page that Casey set up you’ll be able to locate me on there. :-)

• 13 Apr 2012 Lou2012 said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone!!
    Another Louise here from Perth. I just booked this tour yesterday and I’m super excited!! Travelling solo so can’t wait to meet everyone!! Hurry up October!!! :)

• 13 Apr 2012 Louise85 said

Louise85

Hi Louise! This tour is starting to get busy now….very excited and can’t wait for October to come! Are you heading back to Perth afterwards or doing a bit more travelling? From LA i fly to Perth for two weeks. :-)

• 14 Apr 2012 Lou2012 said

Default_avatar

Hi Louise. I will be flying back to Perth afterwards after a couple more days in LA. Still trying to work it all out… Can’t wait!!!

• 14 Apr 2012 Travel.Bug said

Default_avatar

I’m coming on TOURRRRR.. Just booked my flight and will be booking the actual tour tomorrow.. Is anyone to keen to have 2 nights in LA and 4 nights in NYC before?

• 15 Apr 2012 Kiwiclubbn said

Kiwiclubbn

Im def keen for a pre tour drink/dinner for those who are around.. Im flying into NYC on the 15th I think and then after tour ill spend a few days in LA before I shoot up to yosimite and san fran for a couple of weeks of randomness! We should def have a pub crawl or sumthn in LA after tour.. If any of us feel like drinking again!!

• 15 Apr 2012 Travel.Bug said

Default_avatar

Yeah sounds good we can organise it a little closer to the date.. Haha yeah the pub crawl after might be a maybe haha

• 15 Apr 2012 chelsea said

Default_avatar

Hey I have booked 2 nights in LA after tour.. I think I fly into new York in the 17th so il only have 2days there before .. But I’d be keen for pre tour drinks or something too !! :)

Default_avatar

Hey Chelsea where in sydney are you from? I’m on the coast..

Default_avatar

Hey I’m In south of Sydney kinda near cronulla area …where bouts on the coast are u ??

Default_avatar

Oh yeah nice.. I’m at Tumbi which is like 10 mins from Terrigal and The Entrance..

Default_avatar

Oh yea cool I know it I have family around there !!! :)

Default_avatar

Is this the first contiki you’ve been on? I’m so nervous about going on my own! Are you flying direct to NYC from sydney?

Default_avatar

I went on a contiki about 2yrs ago around Europe with a friend .. But this will be my first one by myself .. I been pretty nervous too but it’s good to see heaps of others are traveling solo too.. I flying with V-Australia to LA then I change to delta and fly into NY .

Default_avatar

Yeah I’m glad there are a lot of people going solo.. Oh I do wanted to get a flight with V I flew to LA last August with them and it was the best flight and service.. Are you having any days in LA before?

Default_avatar

Yea i have heard good stuff about them… Na I just have a like 3hr stop over in LA to change flights then straight to NY I’m Gonna do the 2nights in LA after tour :)

Default_avatar

Yeah cool how exciting.. Have you booked your accommodation for NYC?

Default_avatar

I ended up just booking the contiki accom because I had absolutely no idea where to stay so I figured that was easiest lol

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.