Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand southern October 2012 NY- LA

20 Jan 2012 chelsea asked

Default_avatar

Hey all,
Im thinking of doing the grand southern tour i think the 19th of october NY- LA, just interested to see who else is thinking about this one or already booked ..

• 15 Apr 2012 casey said

casey

Hey Lou2012 .. we are travelling from perth to, where do you stay in perth ? .. the plan is to leave perth on emirates to dubai .. leaving perth 11th Oct at 530pm then leave dubai 830am on the 12th and arrive at JFK airport at 2.15.. emirates , one stop over.. then we plan to spend the week in NY leading up to the contiki..
    ive checked out craigs list for apartments while we are in NY and they are gawjuss NY style and cheap !! we are doing a week in NY because i want to embrace everything about that place , as if i was living there :)

Travel bug – Reason me and my friend are doing contiki is her 30th bday ! Your not old :)

Also .. ive remade the facebook GROUP so you can join rather than just like the group :)
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/208406375937516/

My fb name is Casey Kelekolio if anyone wants to add me :)

• 16 Apr 2012 Travel.Bug said

Default_avatar

Hey Casey I’m Kim Ill add you on Facebook.. Officially booked this morning am SO excited! Thanks for making me feel better I’ve been stressing about being the eldest haha : )

• 16 Apr 2012 Lou2012 said

Default_avatar

Hi Casey, I live South of the River you? I am booking my flights next week and was looking at Emirates as all the others are too expensive and way too long!! We are miles away from everything down here!!!!!

My annual leave starts on the 11th Oct so was looking at leaving either 11th or 12th as I also wanted to spend longer in NYC. Can you send me the list of apartments. Hotels seem to be pretty pricey. I will find you on facebook!!!

Travel.Bug I am also 30 this year so not to worry!!! :)

• 16 Apr 2012 casey said

casey

Yeah was that emirates $2486.00 ?
    we have changed plans now .. we leave perth on the 11th OCT via air NZ flying NZ-AUCKLAND-LA-NY
    because we are stopping in NZ on the way home now .. this is bes for us .. but we are flying out on the 11th from perth in NY a week prior :)
    I live south also .. cannington :)

• 16 Apr 2012 Travel.Bug said

Default_avatar

Hi girls I’m Kim.. Officially booked today and am SO excited.. Lou you have made me feel so much better.. I’ve wanted to do one of these tours for ages but have been worried about being the eldest.. Pleased to know there will be others around my age : )

• 17 Apr 2012 Louise85 said

Louise85

Hi All,
    Seems like everyone is getting all sorted for this tour now. Is anyone else flying out of LA to Sydney on the 16th November with Qantas flight QF0012? Thought i’d check?
    I’m not sure how i am going to last another 6 months….i want to go now!!!
    :-)

• 19 Apr 2012 amy said

Default_avatar

Hi Guys! Im Amy, 22, from sussex UK..Booked this tour the other day and I’m having to leave my job so I can do this tour!! so excited to meet all of you and see some amazing sights! Where is everyone staying before we meet on the 19th??x

• 19 Apr 2012 Travel.Bug said

Default_avatar

Hey Amy yay how exciting! That sucks you have to leave your job but it will so be worth it! I am staying at the Econo Lodge Times Square, looks a little dodgy but is in a great spot.. I’m going on my own so wanna be right in the middle of it all.. Does anyone know where we meet to start the tour?

• 20 Apr 2012 Louise85 said

Louise85

The tour starts at the Sheraton Hotel in Brooklyn. I have booked the night before there with Contiki. It starts at 07.00 too……

The two nights previous i am going to book into the Equity Point Hostel in Times Square. Looks really decent for a hostel and great location.

• 20 Apr 2012 amy said

Default_avatar

Ah great thanks louise I was going to ring them and find out where it was starting so I knew where’s best to stay.. I don’t suppose you know where it finishes in LA?

• 20 Apr 2012 Louise85 said

Louise85

Yes i do…it finishes at 5.30ish at Los Angeles Kyoto Grand Hotel. :-)

• 20 Apr 2012 chelsea said

Default_avatar

I’m staying at the contiki accom in NY .. It seemed a little pricey .. But I only have 2nights and I wanted To stay there the night before so it seemed like the easiest option :)

• 20 Apr 2012 amy said

Default_avatar

Where did you find out the info? Did you ring them or is it all listed on the website??

• 20 Apr 2012 amy said

Default_avatar

Where did you find out the info? Did you ring them or is it all listed on the website??

• 20 Apr 2012 amy said

Default_avatar

• 11 May 2012 Bec89 said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone, I booked this tour today!!
    I am 22 from Melbourne. I am having a week in NY before the start of the tour and a week in LA at the end. I am then flying to London to do a European contiki! Very excited!

• 14 May 2012 casey said

casey

Hi Bec:)

WELCOME :)
    Just letting you know , we have a facebook page for this tour :) http://www.facebook.com/groups/208406375937516/
    so you can get to know everyone :) – i am also staying in NY a week before.. have you got many things planned for that week?? xxx

• 14 May 2012 Bec89 said

Default_avatar

I have a massive list of things planned! Just not sure if I will get around to them all! How about you?
    Where are you staying? I have booked the Contiki hotel for the night before the tour, but looking at hostels for the other nights and am having trouble narrowing my list down!

• 22 May 2012 Ryan Gergely said

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone,

Just booked and paid for this tour. My Names Ryan and im 29 from Brisbane.

• 23 May 2012 Louise85 said

Louise85

Hi Ryan,
    Welcome – we have set up a facebook page for this tour http://www.facebook.com/groups/208406375937516/
    When you flying into NY? What are your plans when the tour finishes?
    Lou x

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.