Community_discussions_small  

Question

berlin to budapest - 7 July 2012

24 Jan 2012 claradyn asked

claradyn

Anyone joining me on this trip. (including the shorter trips, as I think we will start off together)
Anyone from SA?

• 20 Mar 2012 Vash said

Vash

Hi claradyn. Iam from Durban, SA. Iam debating between this tour and the Eastern Road. Should i go on this tour i will be choosing the 7th of July departure as well. I will be travelling solo.

• 21 Mar 2012 Kathryn said

Default_avatar

Hi I’m thinking of doing this tour in either June or July, I was wondering if either of you had any idea as to how much money would be needed throughout the tour?

• 22 Mar 2012 claradyn said

claradyn

Hi Vash & Kathryn,
    It would be nice if you guys decide on this trip.
    Kathryn, with regards to the money, I have to be honest, I am also not sure. Somewhere on the website I have seen people suggest 100 euro per day, but I am not sure if it counts for this trip. And since we will not only use euro I am a bit scared I take too little money. Well, I am gonna work on 100 euro per day.
    Hope to see you there. Let me know if you decided to join…

• 22 Mar 2012 claradyn said

claradyn

Hi Vash & Kathryn,
    It would be nice if you guys decide on this trip.
    Kathryn, with regards to the money, I have to be honest, I am also not sure. Somewhere on the website I have seen people suggest 100 euro per day, but I am not sure if it counts for this trip. And since we will not only use euro I am a bit scared I take too little money. Well, I am gonna work on 100 euro per day.
    Hope to see you there. Let me know if you decided to join…

• 22 Mar 2012 Vash said

Vash

Hi Clardyn & Kathryn.
    I have not given any thought to how much money i should carry as yet.
    I did a Contiki tour in 2008 (European Discovery) and 50Euro`s per day was more than enough for me.
    I didnt use this money for souvinir shopping etc, just for my lunches, suppers when not provided and refreshments. I did not drink on most nights so this could explain why 50Euro`s was adequate for me.
    I also planned on using my credit \ debit card if i was short of cash but luckily i wasnt.

Kathryn are you also from South Africa?…. and yes it would be really nice to be on this trip :)

• 22 Mar 2012 Kathryn said

Default_avatar

Hi Clardyn & Vash,
    Thank you both for the information, the trip is looking highly possible just depends how quickly I can save money, and no I’m not from SA, I’m from England. Hope which ever tour you decide to do you all have a wonderful time!

• 22 Mar 2012 Vash said

Vash

Thanks Kathryn – all the best to you on your trip too . . . . who knows, we all might just be on the same tour together :)

• 1 Apr 2012 Arch08 said

Default_avatar

Hi, I am considering going on this tour for the July 13th segment. Has anyone been on this trip that can recommend anything or give advice to a first time contiki traveler?

• 30 May 2012 Explorer1201960 said

Default_avatar

Hey, I did this tour july of 2011. here is a link to a review i wrote. Amazing trip!
    http://travelpod.com/members/hms1987

• 1 Jun 2012 Megan said

Default_avatar

I am going on this trip! Berlin, Prague and Vienna July 7. I cannot wait! Thank you Explorer1201960, I found your review very helpful :)

• 2 Jul 2012 EmSpence said

EmSpence

Hi I am Emily, 22 from Melbourne Australia. Am going on this tour- very excited, not long to go now!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.