Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern LA-NY 25th Oct 2012

26 Jan 2012 Sam89 asked

Sam89

Hi, Has anyone booked to go on this tour?

• 26 Jan 2012 Tay91 said

Tay91

Hi, Do you mean the 25th Oct?? If so I’m on the Southern Adventure that is half of that tour (LA to New Orleans bit)
    :)

• 26 Jan 2012 Sam89 said

Sam89

Yeah I was ment to say the 25th I get to L.A the 21st

• 26 Jan 2012 Sam89 said

Sam89

Yeah I was ment to say the 25th I get to L.A the 21st

• 26 Jan 2012 Tay91 said

Tay91

The answer is yes then :) Glad to see we are not on our own haha, are you travelling with anyone? We arrive in LA I think a couple of days before…22/23rd.

• 26 Jan 2012 Sam89 said

Sam89

I’m travelling solo I get in from Melbourne on the 21st so few days in L.A :)

• 26 Jan 2012 Tay91 said

Tay91

That’s cool :) If you want to add me of fb you can get to it from my profile on here. Lets hope some more people come and say hi soon.

• 26 Jan 2012 Sam89 said

Sam89

Just did :) yeah hope so

• 26 Jan 2012 Mel said

Mel

I’m planning to book it. Just waiting for my friend to start her new travel agent job to book through her! :)
    I am from Melbourne too..

• 27 Jan 2012 Sam89 said

Sam89

Hey Mel im from Mildura im flying out from Melbourne :)

• 11 Feb 2012 Pete said

Pete

Hi guys,
    I’m Pete from Sydney. We’ve just started a free online postcard site so you can send your postcards straight to facebook or email and we’re trying to get the word out. We have postcards for the places you’re going so please spread the word around your tour. Thanks guys and safe travels!
    www.ThePerfectPostcard.com
    Pete

• 28 Feb 2012 Becks#29 said

Becks#29

hi guys. i have booked this tour. I was originally goin in april, but had to postpone my plans. So now might even get to see a bit of snow! Has anyone booked any accom yet?

• 28 Feb 2012 Tay91 said

Tay91

Hey, yeah I have booked the LA part and I am staying at the Orchid Suites Hotel in Hollywood as it is pretty much central.Booked for the 23rd-25th here. Feel free to add me on facebook so we can get a group going :) Would be good to go and know some familiar faces :) You can find a link to my FB from my profile I think.

• 29 Feb 2012 Mel said

Mel

Hey Becks, are you travelling by yourself as well?
    Is that accomodation near where the tour starts from, taylor? i might look into staying there too. Though is it near where the tour starts? coz if its like the europe contiki tours we will have to get up REALLY early already on the first day!

• 29 Feb 2012 Mel said

Mel

and its odd how there is still only 4 of us on here where as the other tour i was looking at (starting on the 4th) has about 10-20 people.. perhaps the others on ours havent checked out the forums. I hope it fills up! the more the merrier.. lol

• 29 Feb 2012 Tay91 said

Tay91

We can hope this fills up quickly plus I think it will be more exciting knowing that you finally get to go and meet all these people :). The tour starts at the Kyoto Grand in Downtown Hollywood but there is minimal stuff to do around there and I’m interested in seeing the walk of fame, Hollywood sign, rodeo drive, sunset strip etc and that is all on the doorstep of the hotel I’m staying at. Plus if you look on worldtaximeter.com you can price up taxis and I think it was around $30-40 USD one way to the other hotel and an early morning shouldn’t be too bad… hopefully the excitement of it all will get us up :) Also the price of the starting hotel is a bit expensive in my opinion. Moreover if some of us are around the same hotel we can split the taxi costs and it will be a bargain!! haha!!

• 29 Feb 2012 Tay91 said

Tay91

Also I found a link to a group which looks like our tour on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/205224479572216/ :) That group has 10 members so far so we might actually have chance to meet some more people lol.

• 29 Feb 2012 Becks#29 said

Becks#29

Het Mel, yeah i’m travelling solo.. was goin with 2 friends but they kept the same dates i was originally meant to go. Tay i added u on fb earlier, i’m definitely lookin into the hotel ur @, sounds great. i thought that too about the kyoto (bit expensive).. Will be good if we can cab share! Thanks for the link also, goin to check it out now.. chat soon guys x

• 29 Feb 2012 Sam89 said

Sam89

Glad to see some others have booked this tour, so I won’t be on my own! I am travelling solo, arriving from Melbourne on 21st October and staying at the Kyoto Grand, hoping to see some of LA before the tour starts.

• 29 Feb 2012 Mel said

Mel

awesome! well ill look into staying at that hotel too! and ill share the cab too then! sounds like a great idea to me :) i havent booked the tour yet.. but i will be in the next couple of weeks!

• 29 Feb 2012 Mel said

Mel

oh and ive requested to join the facebook group too.. you can add me on facebook too.. my names melissa wall.. so you can find me in the facebook group.. :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.