Community_discussions_small  

Question

Wild Western 18th April - 01st May anyone?

27 Jan 2012 Virun asked

Virun

Wild Western 18th April - 01st May anyone?

• 31 Jan 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

Hey, I’m doing the LA to the Bay starting April 18 and finishing April 28 in San Francisco, I think our tours may overlap? That’s what I’ve seen on other posts anyways :)

• 31 Jan 2012 Virun said

Virun

Oh yea…i think it overlaps…so i guess it would be my pleasure meeting u there for 11 days !! ;)

• 31 Jan 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

you too! :) have you been to the US before?

• 1 Feb 2012 Virun said

Virun

yea have been abt 12 years back :P wat abt u?

• 1 Feb 2012 Jodi_R said

Jodi_R

Hi Virun and Lou,

I’ll be on the full Wild Western. I’m actually from the U.S. (Cleveland, Ohio) but none of my friends were able to travel so I decided to Contiki my way around. Is anyone arriving in L.A. early before the tour. I am flying in Saturday April 14th and plan to do some exploring, maybe book a bus tour of the city or something. I’m staying at the Contiki Hotel, Kyoto or whatever it’s called.

I can’t wait for this trip. I turn 30 on our full day in Vegas (apr 24th). Figured what better place to celebrate.

Where are you guys from?

Look forward to meeting you.
    Jodi

• 1 Feb 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

Virun – nope never been! so looking forward to it though!
    Jodi – Hi! I will be arriving in LA on the 14th as well – I’m staying in Anaheim the first 2 nights to go to Disneyland and then I’ll be at the Kyoto from the 16th, I’ve only got planned Universal Studios on one of the days then was hoping to do a tour of the stars homes and hollywood blvd etc. How great! Your 30th in Vegas! I’m looking forward to celebrating with you already!. I’m from Australia :)

• 10 Feb 2012 Jodi_R said

Jodi_R

I think we may go on stars home and hollywood blvd the last day of the tour. I thought I remember seeing that. I’m looking forward to the trip. Not long to go! It’s my first solo trip which is kind of scary and exciting at the same time :)

• 11 Feb 2012 Pete said

Pete

Hi guys,
    I’m Pete from Sydney. We’ve just started an online postcard site so you can send your postcards straight to facebook or email and we’re trying to get the word out. We have postcards for the places you’re going so please spread the word around your tour. Thanks guys and safe travels!
    www.ThePerfectPostcard.com
    Pete

• 12 Feb 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

Ah ok, seeing as I’m not going back to LA I’ll need to do that before I go on the tour. It’s my first solo trip too and first trip to the US so I can’t wait, I’m still having trouble with my packing list though – I’m bringing mostly summer clothes with some winter, like a jacket and a jumper, it’s so confusing – I like to be prepared but don’t want to be over prepared!!.
    Only just over 2 months to go now! :)

• 14 Feb 2012 Stuart_RG said

Stuart_RG

Hi Virun, Lou, Jodi and Pete,

Good to meet a few others going on the tour. I’m also booked in, though similar to Lou I will only be going as far as San Francisco. I’m leaving for the US at the end of March, doing the east coast for about 3 weeks and flying into LA the night before the tour. This will be my second trip to the US and second Contiki tour.

Stuart

• 14 Feb 2012 Jodi_R said

Jodi_R

Oh that’s right Lou, I keep forgetting some of the people on tour will end in San Francisco.

Stuart, Where on the east coast are you visiting before the trip to the west coast?

• 14 Feb 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

Yeah, so I’m trying to pack a lot into the 4 days pre tour!. Could you give me some advice on what people wear over there wear out at night? Are jeans and a nice top acceptable or dresses for clubs etc? :)

Jodi_R

I haven’t been to California before but I would think jeans and a top would be completely acceptable. The only nights I was planning on wearing a dress out are the two nights in Vegas. Some of the clubs there have dress codes which I don’t know if those will be where we go but even the clubs that don’t have dress codes, most people seem to dress up. I saw that we have the option to go to a show and if it is like the Cirque de Solei I went to last time I was in Vegas, people were dressy. I just wore a simple black dress. Other than Vegas, I plan on keeping it simple with jeans. I’m guessing Phoenix, Grand Canyon and Yosemite will be very casual anywhere we go. My friend grew up in Phoenix and said most bars there are sports bar where people wear whatever.

• 14 Feb 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

Oh, great, thanks – I thought Vegas would be the only exception to not wearing jeans. I’m just trying to work out my packing – I keep adding stuff to my list then crossing it off again!.

Jodi_R

No problem! Packing is the only downside of traveling! It’s so hard to decide what to bring. I tend to overpack :/

• 15 Feb 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

I know and I’m travelling for 3 months all up so its even worse, I’ve got lots of climates to pack for!. Everyone out there says pack and then take out half of what you’ve packed – but I do that then think I can’t leave that top/skirt/dress behind!

• 15 Feb 2012 Stuart_RG said

Stuart_RG

Jodi – at the moment I’ve set aside ten days by car for Philadelphia, PA Dutch Country, Washington and southern Virginia, then back north along the coast to Chincoteague VA, then through to to Atlantic City and Toms River before finishing in New York City. I then have a week in New York, then catching the train to Boston for three days before flying into LA the night before the tour.

I’m traveling solo, however I’m planning to catch up with a couple of American friends that I met last time I was in Washington DC, one of my boss’s friends living in New York and a couple of Aussie friends living in San Francisco.

I haven’t even though about what to pack yet, though I’m looking at cameras and other bits and pieces at the moment; I suspect a mad rush for packing the week before I leave is on the cards like last time.

Stuart

• 15 Feb 2012 Jodi_R said

Jodi_R

Stuart, sounds like a fun filled trip! I’ve always wanted to go to Philly. I love the Rocky movies so the nerd in me wants to run up the art museum stairs like in the movie.

Lou, that’s great you get three months to travel. I can understand why packing will be tough but that will be an amazing trip. I wish that I was able to take off that long from work. The most I can usually squeeze is two and a half weeks.

• 15 Feb 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

I know I’m probably going to over pack and then want to buy all new things when I’m away but I have to be careful of my budget too!. Work have actually given me 6 months off but it’s without pay so I’ll have to see how I go, the US is my first stop however so I think I’ll be ok… going to try and do a ‘rough’ budget this weekend!. Fingers crossed – I’ll prob never stick to it anyway!.

• 17 Feb 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

2 months today! :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion