Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Whirl - 8 May 2012

27 Jan 2012 NatashaFox7 asked

NatashaFox7

Anyone going on this tour? It was just confirmed as a definite departure date! I'm so excited and would love to meet some people who are going on the same trip!

• 29 Feb 2012 Chelsrb said

Chelsrb

Hey! My roommate and I are going on this tour and we are SO pumped!!! We arrive in London on May 7th!! Cant wait to meet you guys!

• 1 Mar 2012 NatashaFox7 said

NatashaFox7

Has anyone ever done a tour like this before? I know I’m going to have trouble packing for 20 days + Spain after the tour, so if some girls want to share some items (like blowdryer, voltage cords, chargers, etc.), I’m totally game! It’s getting closer to departure date!

• 5 Mar 2012 VicW said

VicW

Hello.. My names Victoria. I’m booked and coming along on this tour solo as well.
    Getting so excited I have countdowns everywhere.

• 6 Mar 2012 emilyjaneee said

emilyjaneee

Hey everyone!
    I’m also travelling solo on the tour and it’s my first contiki so I am crazy excited but also very nervous! I’m 21 from Brisbane, Australia and so happy to be finally making a big trip overseas. I’d love to chat to a few of you before we all head off :)
    Emily

• 6 Mar 2012 NatashaFox7 said

NatashaFox7

Welcome girls! I’m ecstatic that there are so many girls traveling solo on this tour! Sounds like we’re going to have a lot in common from the start. Can’t wait to meet you!

• 6 Mar 2012 Aimee said

Aimee

Thanks Tatums, I will be getting to London on 7th so I will look forward to meeting you and everyone else then.

• 6 Mar 2012 Aimee said

Aimee

Hello everyone!! I am with Natasha and agree it is great that there are going to be lots of girls travelling solo on this tour! I look forward to meeting everyone soon!

• 6 Mar 2012 Aimee said

Aimee

Hello everyone!! I am with Natasha and agree it is great that there are going to be lots of girls travelling solo on this tour! I look forward to meeting everyone soon!

• 6 Mar 2012 Aimee said

Aimee

Hey Natasha, I think your idea about sharing a few things is great! I am also worried about taking everything I need and staying within the baggage allowance! Does anyone know how heavy your carry on bag can be? I guess I could take a few more things in there and then put them in my suitcase when I get there! if that’s allowed : )

• 14 Mar 2012 Jussie said

Jussie

Hi everyone! I’m yet another solo girl booked for this tour! I’m from Geelong, Australia and am flying into London on April 18th. Im then planning on staying in the UK indefinitely for work/travel. Would love to organize a catch up before the tour for those who are about…

• 14 Mar 2012 Aimee said

Aimee

Hi Jussie! great to hear from you and fab that you are another solo girl!!! it is going to be great. I am not getting to London until 7th May but I’m sure there are a few girls on here getting to London before the tour so I hope you get to meet up with some people. Look forward to meeting you x

• 22 Mar 2012 Aimee said

Aimee

Hey Girls, Do we need to take a sleeping bag on this tour?

• 23 Mar 2012 emilyjaneee said

emilyjaneee

I think we do Aimee but I’ve only just noticed this as well.. I’ll have a better look into it.

On a separate note.. Is anyone else finishing the tour in Paris instead of going back to London??

• 31 Mar 2012 jenn said

jenn

hey guys, I’ll be arriving in london on the 4th and i"m planning on staying in Paris after the tour ends until the 29th of may! I was hoping that someone else would be staying behind too.

• 10 Apr 2012 Mioso21 said

Mioso21

Hey! I’m also a girl travelling solo! After reading all these comments I’m so pumped to go!!! I’m from Manitoba, Canada, 20 yrs old. First time travelling solo and I was nervous, but now I feel better after seeing how many girls are also travelling solo! I’m getting into London May 6th and I would love to meet up with someone else who is there before the tour to explore the city together! I’m staying at the same hotel where the Contiki meeting is at, so I’ll be easy to find. I got a twin share so that means I’ll be getting a roomate so I could be rooming with one of you girls. I’m also wondering what everyone is bringing with them, I was planning on bringing a wheeled hard case Heys suitcase but I’ve heard some others are bringing only backpacks? I’ve never done such a long tour before, I’m wondering what would be the best option.

And I decided to end the tour in Paris. I’ve added an extra week after the tour and I hope to go back and visit the places on the tour I saw that I wanted to see more of. As of right now I’d be going solo, but I’m totally willing to make a travel buddy! I’ll be flying home out of Paris airport though on June 1st.

• 10 Apr 2012 VicW said

VicW

Hello all..
    So it’s less than a month till we go.
    Im getting so excited but at the same time heaps nervous. I will check into the hotel that Contiki leaves from the night before (I’m guessing most will be doing the same). I dont really know what happens with Contiki because this is my first one but I was thinking it would be good if we all meet up the night before and have a bit of a meet and greet, maybe some drinks and possibly a dinner??
    Can not wait to adventure with you all though. :)

• 10 Apr 2012 Jussie said

Jussie

Im booked into the contiki hotel the night before also and would be keen for dinner/drinks. Kyra, I’m flying into London early and would be happy to meet up early for some exploring?! I’m leaving for London in less than a week so getting super excited!! I’m only taking a backpack.

• 10 Apr 2012 emilyjaneee said

emilyjaneee

Hey Kyra!

I’m getting in on the 7th (early in the morning) and am going to book in at the contiki hotel for the night before we start the tour as well! I’ll be keen on doing some exploring as I only have that one day in London!! I’m staying on in Paris for the full day after the tour finishes but then I’ll be off to Bordeaux and doing some traveling with a friend in Spain and Portugal.. Make sure you check out easyjet.com for cheap flights within Europe. I’ve just bought a hard suitcase on the weekend because I’ll be going to the states for a month after I finish up in Europe and wanted one that would be sturdy enough (I have around 8 flights all up) and also they’re fully waterproof and a few other handy things like that. Downsides are they don’t expand by too much and you can take backpacks more places, but if you get a free wheeler (4 wheels that move in any direction) you should be pretty safe. Hope that helps!! I look forward to meeting you :)

• 10 Apr 2012 emilyjaneee said

emilyjaneee

Vic, I’ve been reading through some of the forums and it sounds like they do some sort of a brief on the night before we leave for those who are staying at the hotel. But I’ll definitely be up for drinks and dinner, it will be great to meet some of you before we all get crammed into the bus haha :) It seems like a large amount of us are traveling alone so it would be silly for us to not get together and have some fun!!

• 11 Apr 2012 Mioso21 said

Mioso21

Sounds great! And I’m totally up for dinner and drinks, what better way to spend our first day in London than hitting up a pub?!? lol, Well, I arrive into Heathrow at 7:30AM local time, then I’m taking the underground train to central London, cabbing it to the contiki hotel from there, hopefully drop off and store my luggage until I can check into the hotel (usually a 2pm or so check-in time) and then I’m probably going to fill up on coffee or energy drinks and explore as much of London as I can for the day! :) So excited!
    And I decided to bring my hard-shell cased luggage, because it has four 360 degree wheels on it and I’d be able to store more things!

And I think the sleeping bag is provided on the tour by Contiki too, so I wont have to worry about packing that bulky thing.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion