Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Explorer 12 August 2012

28 Jan 2012 StephHluchan asked

StephHluchan

Hi, I've just booked the European Explorer + Greek Island Cruising tour departing 12 August 2012. Has anyone else booked this tour? =)

• 7 Feb 2012 kdub_kiwi said

kdub_kiwi

hey stefcia, will be booking a spot on this trip within the next few days, cant wait. also looking at doing another contiki after this to octoberfest. will you be doing any other travelling before/after this trip.

• 7 Feb 2012 StephHluchan said

StephHluchan

Hey Kyle, that’s awesome you’ll be booking this trip! I’m also really looking forward to it :) counting down the days – hope the months fly by quickly! Would have liked to do another Contiki trip before/after the tour but I was only able to get the time off for the European Explorer tour from work. Octoberfest will be amazing & you’ll have a blast. I’ve heard it’s a great time to travel to Germany then. Will you be traveling solo? This will be my first trip traveling solo. Will be spending 2 days before & after the tour in London before heading back to Sydney.

Steph :)

• 8 Feb 2012 kdub_kiwi said

kdub_kiwi

hey yea im travelling solo, sick of waiting for mates trying to save their money. sounds like there’s usually a few doing contiki that go solo, hopefully we have a good group of people on ours. Have you done much other travelling around the world? im still sorting out what else I want to see while im over there, thinking about doing another contiki through great britain, scotland, ireland that goes for 16 days, which i would prob do before european explorer.thinking it might be too much to take in all on the one trip tho haha.

• 14 Feb 2012 WhitneyBree said

WhitneyBree

Hey Kyle and Steph – I will be doing this tour! I am so excited! Hoping to do Oktoberfest as well Kyle… So much to look forward to. Is this the first contiki tour for you guys?

ps. this is my first solo trip as well steph :)

• 14 Feb 2012 kdub_kiwi said

kdub_kiwi

hey whitney, this is sweet being able to meet fellow contikiers before the trip. yea its my 1st contiki, all booked in now, after european explorer im doin 8 days in ireland then oktoberfest on the 25th, will be looking around london etc. in between these trips. cant wait….

• 14 Feb 2012 StephHluchan said

StephHluchan

Hey Kyle, I was also sick of waiting for friends to save their money and decide if they wanted to travel. I’m sure we will have a great group of people on our tour. I’ve heard there can be up to 50 people on each tour. So far I have travelled to Fiji, Vanuatu, New Caledonia, Tasmania, South Australia, Victoria and Queensland. That’s awesome that you will be doing another tour after European Explorer! Wish I could do another tour but I have work commitments that I have to return to when I fly back home.

Hi Whitney, glad to hear that you will be joining the tour & also travelling solo :) I’m very excited and counting down the days on my calendar! This will be my first Contiki tour :) When do you arrive in London? I arrive on 10th August & will spend 2 days exploring London before the tour. Have you travelled to Europe before?

Steph :)

• 14 Feb 2012 WhitneyBree said

WhitneyBree

Its funny everything you guys are saying s very similar to my story – booked the tour because I was not in the mood to be organising other people and thought it would be a good challenge to do some travelling on my own – character building stuff ;) I will be doing sail croatia the week before the tour and I will get into London around Mid afternoon August 11. Are you guys staying at the Royal National Hotel?

Oh and no steph I’ve never been to europe – I’ve done All of Australia, venuatu, singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, malaysia and New York. I think Europe will be amazing – particularly looking forward to Italy and Greece.

• 29 Feb 2012 elisekrucler said

elisekrucler

Hi Guys,
    I’m on this tour too! I’ll be arriving in London on the 6 of August so let me know if you would like to explore London together. This is my second Contiki, but the first one i am doing all by myself. So good to hear that i won’t be the only one travelling solo :)

• 1 Mar 2012 WhitneyBree said

WhitneyBree

Hi Elise!
    nice to meet another person on the tour :) I wont be in london until the day before we set off on the contiki tour but hopefully we can catch up the day before. Are you staying at the Royal national hotel the night before we leave?

• 2 Mar 2012 StephHluchan said

StephHluchan

Hi Whitney, yes I will be staying at the Royal National Hotel prior to the tour :) Wow you have been to so many amazing countries!! I bet you have some great travel stories to share with us all :)

Hi Elise!
    Nice to meet another solo traveller on the tour! :) I will be arriving in London early in the morning on the 10th of August (my birthday!!!!), so if you are staying at the Royal National Hotel let me know and we can catch up before the tour :)

Cheers,
    Steph

• 4 Mar 2012 elisekrucler said

elisekrucler

Hi All,
    Yes i will be staying at the Royal National the night before but somewhere else for the rest of it. I’m not a fan of the royal national rooms :( but love the atmosphere of the pub down stairs!
    Whitney, definately contact us when you get in. Will be good to have a few drinks with you before the tour :)
    Steph, wow coming in for your birthday! That sounds great! Are you meeting up with friends to celebrate?
    If you both get a chance before the tour add me on fb, prob the best way to contact.
    Can’t wait!!
    xo

• 5 Mar 2012 kdub_kiwi said

kdub_kiwi

hey elise,
    i still have to book accom for the few days in between my tours but ive also heard that royal national isnt that nice to stay at. Whys that? do you know of any nicer accom that is still handy to the contiki basement etc. and not too expensive?
    cheers

• 6 Mar 2012 WhitneyBree said

WhitneyBree

Good Idea Elise – so much easier to contact ppl via facebook. If you guys wanna add me its Whitney Speller.

• 6 Mar 2012 StephHluchan said

StephHluchan

Hi guys, I’m on Facebook too so feel free to add me: Stephanie Hluchan.

• 13 Mar 2012 brittany0503 said

brittany0503

Hey there! Im departing for this tour on august 10th! Im going on the trip alone, so id love to meet some people going. (:

• 19 May 2012 Rachel said

Rachel

Hey there, I am doing this trip solo too :) Would also like to meet some fellow travellers going on this tour!

• 20 May 2012 StephHluchan said

StephHluchan

Hi there Rachel!
    Great to hear that you will be joining us all on this tour :) When do you arrive in London?

• 22 May 2012 emmaxox said

Default_avatar

hey everyone, im australian and im doing the london explorer on the 9th of Aug but I arrive into london on the 3rd of Aug. Is anyone interested in exploring london with me before hand?

• 18 Jun 2012 Rachel said

Rachel

Hey Steph!
    I arrive in London on the 11th Aug, so only just before the tour begins, then I have just over a week in London after the tour ends. How about yourself?

• 21 Jun 2012 natasha_k said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone,

I’ve just put a deposit on this tour. Should have it all paid and confirmed by the weekend… so exciting! Its also my first time going travelling solo. :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion