Community_discussions_small  

Question

Aussie Explorer (starts Sydney) 5th August 2012

28 Jan 2012 Jenny1895 asked

Jenny1895

Hi,

I booked the Aussie Explorer last week. Has anyone else booked it? :)

Jenny :)

• 3 Feb 2012 Kate86 said

Default_avatar

Hi Jenny,

I too have booked for the Aussie Explorer for August 2012. I have also opted for Whitsunday sailing. Have you done anything like this before? This is my first time, Im very excited!

Kate x

• 6 Feb 2012 Jenny1895 said

Jenny1895

Hi Kate,

yes its my first time with Contiki too, but I didnt booked the Whitsunday sailing. :) Where are you from? You are travelling alone, too? :)

Jenny

• 6 Feb 2012 Kate86 said

Default_avatar

Hi Jenny,

I am from Norwich, UK. Where abouts in the world are you? I am travelling alone. I am waiting for my flight confirmation but I believe I am flying out of the UK on 1st August. Not 100% of itinerary yet. Do you know when and where you are flying to and from?

Kate

• 7 Feb 2012 Jenny1895 said

Jenny1895

I am from Düsseldorf, Germany. I will fly on the 1st August, too from Frankfurt to Singapoure and then I will arrive in Sydney on 2nd August in the evening. So I have 2 full days in Sydney before the tour starts. But I fly home directty in the same night the tour ends. I think its on 30th August at 2.30am from Darwin. Are you staying in Darwin after the tour ends? :)

PS: I hope my english grammar isnt too bad ;)

Jenny

• 4 Mar 2012 fish23 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys, I am booked on this tour also. Travelling from Birmingham in UK and have opted for the sailing also. I am flying into Darwin, visting Melbourne then flying to Sydney to start the tour. Leaving on 30th August for at flight at 02.35am! I will be travelling with my friend Hannah, we are both Teachers!

Leann x

• 4 Mar 2012 Kate86 said

Default_avatar

Hi Jenny, I am also flying from London on the 1st August and will have 2nights in Sydney before the tour starts. I am staying at the hotel that the tour will start from.

HI, Leanne, I’m Kate, I too am a teacher. I am flying back to Sydney first and then flying back to the UK on 1st September, just in time for the new term. Looking forward to it now, very excited! That’s great news your travelling together. maybe there will be more teachers, with a similar idea.

Hope to here from you soon.

Kate.

• 4 Mar 2012 fish23 said

Default_avatar

Ah that’s a cool idea, I am flying out on the 22nd so having a good look round Darwin and Melbourne as well before Sydney. I am proper excited as well! i am guessing there will be a few teachers yeah since we are the only peeps to get 6 weeks off. Are you Primary or Secondary? Hannah and I are both Secondary – Business Studies, celebrating the completion of our NQT year!

Leann x

• 9 Mar 2012 luca1982 said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone,

I’m glad to know that there are already few people booked on the tour!
    Actually I’ve booked the Reef and Rainforest tour, but I guess it’s the same as the Aussie Explorer, just shorter.
    I am flying out of Europe on Aug the 2nd, and I’ll be in sydney from Aug the 4th.
    If anybody is already there, I would like to meet you beforehand, so we can maybe visit the city together.
    Sorry.. I forgot to say that I’m Luca and I’m fron Italy.

Luca

• 12 Mar 2012 Debbie said

Default_avatar

Hey, I’m booked on this! I’m from Lancashire, England!
    I leave Manchester on the 27th July stay in Melbourne until the 1st August then fly to Sydney! I didnt book onto the sailing! I fly out of Darwin on the last day of the tour!
    I’m not a teacher but do work in education so August was the only month I was allowed off!
    Does anyone know which hotel the tour leaves Sydney from?

Debbie

• 13 Mar 2012 Debbie said

Default_avatar

Just found out that the tour leaves from Holiday Inn Potts Point so booking the night of the 4th August there!

• 15 Mar 2012 luca1982 said

Default_avatar

If you wanna add me on facebok, my account is Luca.danese1! I haven’t booked any hotel yet, but i’ll probably book the holiday inn in sydney! Thank you Debbie for the info!

• 17 Mar 2012 fish23 said

Default_avatar

How did you find out that the tour starts at Potts point?

• 17 Mar 2012 Jenny1895 said

Jenny1895

I think when you booked the tour, you had the option to book the hotel in Sydney too and you could see that it is the Holiday Inn Potts Point :) But I didnt book it, I will stay in a hostel for 2 days…just 10 minutes away from the Holiday Inn :)

• 17 Mar 2012 Debbie said

Default_avatar

Hey! I emailed Contiki and asked! There is an option to share a room with two others for £55

• 17 Mar 2012 fish23 said

Default_avatar

jenny, can I have the details of the Hostel you are staying in and the cost so I can book that also for Hannah and I. x

• 17 Mar 2012 Jenny1895 said

Jenny1895

Sure, I booked a single room from 2nd – 5th August :)

http://www.booking.com/hotel/au/macleay.html?sid=cb7cd8cbbe37586c2ad4754845770e04

• 25 Mar 2012 Kate86 said

Default_avatar

Hi all,

I am staying in the Holiday Inn Potts Point from 2nd August. Be great to meet up before the tour starts if anyone else is around then.

Kate

• 26 Mar 2012 Debbie said

Default_avatar

Hi Kate, I’m in Sydney from the 1st Aug and am definitely up for meeting up!

Debs

• 12 Apr 2012 Explorer1395454 said

Default_avatar

Hi all – im Nerys a teacher from Wales :)
    im hoping to book this tour tomorrow, never done this before and going solo! Hoping to fly from London – Sydney on the 1st Aug and return end of Aug! Where did you guys book it? im opting either to book through sta or on this website, what do you recommend?

Nerys

• 12 Apr 2012 Explorer1395454 said

Default_avatar

Hi all, I’ve booked today and super excited to meet you all? Be lovely to get to know a few people before August! I get to Sydney 2nd of August have not booked 3nights accommodation yet, is anyone staying at the holiday Potts Inn? I believe that’s where the tour begins

Nerys :-)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion