Community_discussions_small  

Question

New Zealand clubbing and dinner outings

29 Jan 2012 AussieExplorer2012 asked

AussieExplorer2012

So is there enough time after the day outings and such finish to go back to the hotel and refresh ourselves and get changed for the evening events e.g. dinner, clubbing and going to a pub. Im curious because if im feeling sticky, sweaty, hot and bothered that I will be able to cool down and freshen up to look nice for the evening. Advice anybody thats been on the Grand Explorer NZ Tour before or lives in NZ. Thx so much!

• 29 Jan 2012 em88 said

em88

Hey, You usually have about an hour or 2 to freshen up (depending on what activity your coming from) Sometimes you will be told by your TM that you won’t have time to change as you will go straight to dinner so they let you take a bag to leave on the bus to freshen up a little bit.. That only happened once in the USA after a baseball game, but none of us changed, we just went to dinner decked out in our baseball gear :P it’s the fun of contiki.. Just go with an open mind.. Enjoy :)

• 30 Jan 2012 AussieExplorer2012 said

AussieExplorer2012

Haha okay. I might freshen up on the bus. Do they have a toilet or changing room on the bus? Haha okay. Sweet shall :)

AussieExplorer2012

Haha that would have been awesome – baseball gear at dinner – so american.

• 30 Jan 2012 em88 said

em88

Yeh, there’s a toilet.. For emergency only’s!!! Our TM couldn’t stress that enough! I think 1 person used the toilet but that was it! Yeh we looked pretty schmick decked out in our gear! Im from the country so was in my prime!!!

AussieExplorer2012

emergencies – what does that involve? Okay i really hope we have time to freshen up.

• 30 Jan 2012 em88 said

em88

Well to the point you are about to lose ya shit!! Literally!!! They have plenty of stops on long drives, but NZ longest drive is in the south island and they will give u plenty of stops along the way.. Just make sure, (cos this happened to me numerous times) that when u do stop u go to the loo, even if u don’t really need to go.. Cos sure enough you’ll buy a drink and something to eat then will need to go an hour into the trip!!! I don’t think NZ will be as full on as the grand southern in the USA, and as long as everything runs smoothly you’ll have time :)

AussieExplorer2012

OMG em! That’s hilarious – but okay. Okay definetly will go to the look when i do get off. Haha definetly. Okay thank you very much.

AussieExplorer2012

Yeh i probably will.

AussieExplorer2012

Huh?

• 31 Jan 2012 LCM said

LCM

You will have quite a bit of time. The only time you may not is if you do the MIlford Sound Optional in QTown as it gets back fairly late (like 8.30) and we then had a Minus 5 bar optional so I think there may have been like 30 mins or so. I did lots of optional activities and found that I had plenty of time in each place. Also the places are a lot smaller than I thought they would be, most places you can walk easily to the bar, club, restaurant so if you do need a bit more time it is not an issue.

• 1 Feb 2012 AussieExplorer2012 said

AussieExplorer2012

okay sweet thank you :) I am interested in doing the Milford Sound optional ill have to be ready to just head straight to dinner/bar thing at night. k

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.