Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Winter Tour Advice

19 Aug 2008 Explorer1110499 said

Default_avatar
Hi all,

Am intending to go on the European Discovery in December of 2009. Just curious as to whether the tourist/souvenir shops will still have a wide range at this time? It will be my first time overseas so I am really keen to bring back a lot to make everyone at home jealous hehe.

Thanks Smiler
  • 20 Aug 2008 CharleyGirl said

Default_avatar

Hi, I am also going to Europe for the first time ever! I stumbled across info that says there are Christmas markets all around Europe during December,so going by that I would say there is good souvenir shopping to be had.

• 23 Aug 2008 kimmygeorgie said

Default_avatar

I did the Winter Wanderer early this year. Shopping is fine. There were still markets and roadside stalls. Also if you are there after xmas you can catch all the after xmas sales and get some great bargains. I bought so much a had to send parcels home!

• 25 Aug 2008 Joolz314 said

Default_avatar

You will still be able to find plenty of tourist/souvenir shops to by lots of stuff.. if you are there around Christmas/New Year a lot of places will still be fairly busy

• 12 Nov 2008 Bliss Madonna said

Bliss Madonna

i was in europe nov/dec last year and like everyone else has said, the shops are all still open, i had no issues what so ever. my most beautiful gifts that i bought and souvenir’s for myself, were purchased from the xmas markets in each country. the xmas markets were just amazing and im so glad that i got to travel during the xmas period. all the cities are decorated in xmas lights and stuff and it was just stunning!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion