Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Clothes - WHAT TO TAKE IN SUMMER

13 Jan 2007 *nikki_adelaide* said

Default_avatar
Hi,
i figure people travelling in june/july etc are starting to think about the clothes situation as i am so thought i'd create a thread for everyone to discuss/ask questions and keep it all in the one thread.

Can anyone give me some input on the below clothes. I'll be away for 5 and a half weeks and my tour goes for 4 weeks (25 days).

2 pairs jeans (1 for daytime, 1 for going out)
1 pair brown pants (for going out, optionals)
2 pairs 3/4 pants (1 black, 1 grey)
1 or maybe 2 skirts
1 dress
6 'going out tops'
14 (about) tank tops/singlets for day time
2 jackets

Does this amount seem about right?
  • 14 Jan 2007 Lieblingx said

Default_avatar

I will most likely be taking two pairs jeans of nicer looking jeans, two daytime skirts, one skirt for going out, 1 dress, 5 going out tops, 3 short-sleeved tops, 1 tank top, 1 light sweater, bikini and one light jacket. And three pairs of shoes (flipfops, walking/running shoes and a pair of heels).

• 14 Jan 2007 Nikki83 said

Default_avatar

Hi guys,

you have all brightened up my day. I always pack all my favourite clothes and then unpack at the past minute.

I went last year and took too much…this august when I go all im going to take is:

1 pair of jeans
    1 pair 3/4 jeans
    1 skirt
    a few day and a few night tops(alwyas end up washing them and reusing)
    a light jacket and a slightly thicker one
    a souple of dresses
    a few pais of shoes (thongs, dressy flat shoes and walking shoes) every time i take high heels i never wear them.

Nikki
    xx Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 15 Jan 2007 *nikki_adelaide* said

Default_avatar

hey nikki,
    do you think my list is too much? seems a bit less that what you will be taking on your second trip…how long will your be for? im so clueless with this packing!!

also if you find any good flat dressy shoes fill me in! at home i usually wear flat pointy shoes nut i dont think theyre reccommended??

• 15 Jan 2007 *nikki_adelaide* said

Default_avatar

hey cdm…by ‘going out tops’ i mean, they are pretty casual but have like a few sequens on them, they are like really dressy at all…they could be worn in the day time too.

how long was the euro discovery? what about for the optionals didnt people wear like jeans and a nice top or something?

• 16 Jan 2007 *nikki_adelaide* said

Default_avatar

argh this is way too hard…i feel like im not taking enough for 5 and a half weeks but then its probaly half of what you guys are all saying you’re going to take, haha.

Lucky i still have 5 months to work it out!

When people say they buy clothes along the way…what kind of things are there to buy? I imgaine Chanel stores and stuff when i think shopping in Europe he he.

As Erin said she will dress up a bit for Monaco…any other places you found most people on the tour dressed up?

• 16 Jan 2007 *nikki_adelaide* said

Default_avatar

thanks cdm…great info there!
    i think i will be safe with my 5/6 ‘going out tops’, because they really are just casual tops that i could get away with for ‘going out tops’. because my tour goes for double the amount of time as yours (25 days) thanks heaps for that!!

so by ‘people got dressed up’ what kinds of things did people wear.

• 16 Jan 2007 Nikki83 said

Default_avatar

Hey Nikki,

always remember you will be buying things too which take up space. Im going for 4wks this year (last year I went for 5). When I got back home I realsised I didnt wear half of what I took. Flat dressy strappy shoes are what I have (they fit nice and snug in any bag).

I’ll probably end up taking more than what Ive written above – but in the end believe me you will definetly wash up a few tops here abnd there when you get the chance.

Nikki Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 16 Jan 2007 Laurs said

Default_avatar

Hey Nikki

Always remember aswell that you will need to carry it all plus all the stuff that you buy!! I was thinking of taking a backpack but one that has wheels on it as well !, my mate here said that there are always alot of stairs ie getting in and out of the tube in London…and trying to pull a case up and down the stairs, it will be a real bugger

• 17 Jan 2007 sue123 said

Default_avatar

I’m doing 2 tours, Med. highglights and Eastern Road. I’m thinking the Eastern Road tour will be quite a bit cooler than the Med. Highlights, so I’ll be brining some more 3/4 and long sleeve tops than other people. Although this would take up more room in my suitcase, but for teh Med. Highlights, I can take a few teeshirts that I can layer with later in Eastern Europe.

• 17 Jan 2007 *nikki_adelaide* said

Default_avatar

hey Laurs,
    ive got a suitcase that stands upright with 2 wheels down the bottom and a handle to roll it along. its the best option in my opinion…a backpack would drive me insane! hehe.

Nikki83…do you have picture of your shoes? Need some ideas.

• 18 Jan 2007 jessmont said

Default_avatar

From what I’ve found, there are about 2-3 outfits you’ll normally find very comfortable and happy in each day. Pack as lite as you can, because if you buy stuff while overseas you’ll have so much more room. I suggest:

1x Jeans
    1X Shorts
    2 or 3 tops Day ones
    1x going out outfit

Trainers/sneakers and some nice going out shoes.

And plently of underwear..

If you need more, buy it over there!

• 18 Jan 2007 sue123 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by jessmont:
    From what I’ve found, there are about 2-3 outfits you’ll normally find very comfortable and happy in each day. Pack as lite as you can, because if you buy stuff while overseas you’ll have so much more room. I suggest:

1x Jeans
    1X Shorts
    2 or 3 tops Day ones
    1x going out outfit

Trainers/sneakers and some nice going out shoes.

And plently of underwear..

If you need more, buy it over there!

Wow, that is really little. I suppose if you’re doing one of the shorter tours, it might be OK, but a longer one, forget it. You do so much walking and it can get really hot in the summer that your clothes will get all sweaty. Personally, I hated doing laundry on tour, and if it’s not a two night stop, forget it.

But also, a lot depends on the person. I know that I’m not going to buy a lot in Europe, so I guess I would pack a bit more. Besides, if I am buying something while I’m traveling, it better be something special. I wouldn’t go and buy some plain shirts to wear during the day in Europe.

• 18 Jan 2007 Laurs said

Default_avatar

hey Jessmont, what you have listed is probably all than I am going to take.

just now need to work out which ones I am going ot take!

• 20 Jan 2007 Vivz said

Default_avatar

I’ll be in Europe for about 15, to 19 days.

I was thinking:

3 x Shorts.
    2 x Skirts.
    1 x Jeans.
    7 x Tops.

Now shoes.. I have no idea! I’m not really a sneaker kind of girl. I rather wear strappy flat shoes, or ballet shoes. Reckon this will be alright? Or should I bring a pair of sneakers?
    I’ll definately bring 1 pair of heels for goin out at night.

• 20 Jan 2007 Jaybe said

Default_avatar

Hi I am going on the 22 day camping tour in septemebr…. I am ok with packing day wear and comfortable sightseeing clothes… But i have no idea with the night time dress up stuff…. Do i need a lot of nice night dress up cloths????

• 9 Apr 2007 *nikki_adelaide* said

Default_avatar

so time is flying by. ive changed my list a bunch of times, but now ive really tried to cut down. can anyone give me anymore advise

my tours 25 days, concept so i’ll be staying at campsites in cabins etc…plus im spending 7 days in London.

2 x jeans one day time, one going out
    1 × 3/4 pants for day time
    1 x skirt for day time
    1 x black pants for dressier times
    1 x dress, can be worn casual or dressy

5 x tops that can be worn for dressier nights
    4 x t-shirts
    6 x shoe string ‘tank tops’
    1 x black cami to wear out at night
    2 x casual thin zip up jackets for every day

ermmm does this sound reasonable for 32 days

• 9 Apr 2007 M4tR1X said

Default_avatar

Thats all good but it looks like your going commando, cause your not taking undergarments Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 9 Apr 2007 De'ann said

Default_avatar

hmmm im goin for 6 weeks and have 2 pack 4 contiki as well as a 7 day greek island cruise! im goin end of may and am takin
    1 x jeans
    2x 3/4 pants
    3x shorts (dress em down 4 day dress up 4 nite)
    4x dresses (as above)
    5x singlest tops (as above)
    3x tshirts
    1x denim skirt
    2x leggings
    1x jumper
    2x cardigans

ohh wait…thats actually seems like HEAPS compared 2 u others!! eeekk

• 10 Apr 2007 M4tR1X said

Default_avatar

Well i’m only going for a 12 day trip, so i’m taking

2 x Jeans
    10 x T-shirts
    1 x Jumper (for switzerland)
    2 x Shorts
    1 x Thongs (the ones you walk with, just to clarify for you americans)
    1 x Sneakers
    Enough underwear & Socks

Thats all i’ll need Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 10 Apr 2007 Ang25 said

Default_avatar

hey De’ann dont worry your not the only one im going for 6 weeks and thats about what im taking, im sure there are a few more of us out there that have a slightly longer list Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion