Community_discussions_small  

Question

October Berlin-Budapest anyone??

30 Jan 2012 Yady18 asked

Yady18

I already booked my trip for Oct 20th, 2012 trip, and i was wondering who else has booked it.

• 5 Jun 2012 NYGiantsFan said

Default_avatar

Hey whats going on?

I am considering booking this trip too and it’s between this trip and Simply Italy on Oct 19

Alex

• 7 Jun 2012 Yady18 said

Yady18

Hi Alex,I am frpm Miami and I am already booked for the Berlin to Budapest on Oct 20,12.It seems like an awesome experience,oh and it will be my first Contiki trip and im going SOLO! Consider this one that way I already have a buddy..lol
    Talk to you soon
    Yadira

• 7 Jun 2012 NYGiantsFan said

Default_avatar

Hey Yadira,
    Since you already booked do they provide with an itinerary where we can see approximate departure and arrival times in the cities visited? It kind of sucks that they consider the arrival and departure date as part of your trip because it basically comes out to be 10 days

Also, I’m thinking if I book this trip than what I will do is take a night train from Budapest to Zurich and do about 3 nights in Zurich. So my flight will be to Berlin and from Zurich which will be non-stop and actually cheaper than connecting flights

Alex

• 8 Jun 2012 Yady18 said

Yady18

Hi Alex, actually no.i have not been given the actual itinerary of each day and timeframe in each day.i do have the flight info.i am actually leaving a day before to explore more time in BERLIN and staying another night in Budapest after the trip.I fly on the 18th to NY and then another flight out.

• 8 Jun 2012 Yady18 said

Yady18

What u plan on doing is cool and yes I agree with the fact that they include our travel time as part of the tour.not fair!

• 8 Jun 2012 NYGiantsFan said

Default_avatar

For me I believe to properly explore a city and get a good feel for it is at least 3 full days and more if its big cities like London, Paris and Rome. So for me the amount of time in Berlin is enough, Prague i’ve been to before, Vienna not enough cause its only about a day and a half and Budapest I will stay an extra day. Doesn’t makes sense to actually go back to Vienna.

Apparently they took down prices for winter Europe trips because they are updating it with a new brochure (I emailed them with questions)

• 8 Jun 2012 Yady18 said

Yady18

Oh cool.

• 21 Jun 2012 NYGiantsFan said

Default_avatar

Hey Yadira,
    Have you by any chance received the itinerary for the trip yet? I’m trying to figure out if while I extend my trip in Budapest if I will do a day trip back to Vienna because the 2 days there I feel won’t be enough

• 21 Jun 2012 Yady18 said

Yady18

Hi Alex,
    no, they have not provided the itinerary yet. I only have the flight details. i am going to email my agent and see if she can email me the itinerary already. ill let you know.

• 21 Jun 2012 NYGiantsFan said

Default_avatar

Ok thanks. You think it will be enough time in Vienna? Berlin and Budapest you can add days before or after and Prague I have been to before so Vienna is the only one I want to make sure is enough time

• 1 Aug 2012 DéboraCarvalho said

DéboraCarvalho

Hello! I’m still deciding between this trip or london-paris-amstedam in october 19th. I’ll travel alone too. Do you already know about the hotels and itinerary? Thank you!

• 1 Aug 2012 NYGiantsFan said

Default_avatar

Hey Debora,

It’s a tough decision I’ll be honest with you especially if you haven’t been to any of the cities. Price wise Berlin to Budapest should be cheaper if that matters. Another way to look at it is the people you can get to know prior to the trip.

Haven’t booked the trip yet so maybe Yadira can answer that question

Alex

• 23 Aug 2012 Yady18 said

Yady18

Hey guys, i havent been on here in a while, but i already have my trip booked to Berlin-Budapest for Oct 20th and im very excited. The hotel in Berlin is the Globus Berlin Hotel (something like that) and i will be there a day before.I will not get the actual travel planner until its all paid for which will be shortly. Alex, what exactly are you needing to know? the itinerary is basically whats in the book day to day.Let me know.Also for anyone who is going, i would like to communicate with you guys…see you soon.
    Yadira (from Miami,Florida)

• 23 Aug 2012 NYGiantsFan said

Default_avatar

Hey Yadira,
    Basically at this point i’m just going to wait until this trip becomes a last minute deal. The savings for the two trips in September are $395 each so i’m assuming it will be the same for the october one.
    The only other thing I would like to know is the hotel in Budapest as I will most likely stay at least an additional night.

Alex

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion