Community_discussions_small  

Question

Winter Wanderer?

30 Jan 2012 Jess01 asked

Default_avatar

Hi, So I'm looking at booking this tour within the next few days (oct 26th depature) and was just wondering what others who've been on this tour thought of it? Also thinking of booking the london explorer but not sure if it's worth it or not.
How strict are they with the luggage requirements? I've been on contiki in the States and my bag was neither weighed nor measured. But I've heard they're quite strict in Europe.
Thanks =)

• 7 Feb 2012 Ros_118 said

Ros_118

Hey Jess!
    I am debating whether to book this tour or the vista that leaves the day after!! Are you travelling by yourself? From what I have gathered (I have not done the tour before but have done a bit of research) they weigh your bags on the first day of the tour only and they dont care to much about the measurements, as long as it is around the same size! Aparently the London Explorer is just accommodation, transport passes and a suggested itinerary so I am not sure if it would be worth it either! I am looking at spending a few days in London pre and post tour dates and I think we will do our own thing, I havent really looked into costing though to see if it is benefical, I might check that out :)

• 7 Feb 2012 Jess01 said

Default_avatar

Hey! I ended up booking this tour a few days ago and yep travelling on my own:) are you going solo or with someone? Still undecided on the London explorer. At the moment I’ve got 3days before the tour and I think 4 afterwards but will probably extend that! Have you done contiki before?

• 7 Feb 2012 Ros_118 said

Ros_118

Sounds like your flights are on the same day as the ones I am looking at! Who are you flying with and from where? I’m looking at going with my friend Sarah, so we are in the process of finalizing which tour to book and our flights! It’s all very exciting though :) Neither of us have done contiki before! I will be 20 and she will celebrate her 23rd Birthday on tour! The London Explorer seems expensive if you are not looking at doing all the attractions they suggest, but if you want to do everything it would probably save you around $150!

• 8 Feb 2012 Jess01 said

Default_avatar

Flying out of Melbourne. Haven’t booked any flights as of yet. Currently looking at Royal Brunei as I might be able to get cheap flights through work =) Which airlines are you looking at? You’ll both love contiki! It’s such an awesome experience! I’ll also be celebrating my birthday on tour (Turning 25). Pretty excited about spending it overseas! I want to see as much as possible in London so I’ll probably end up booking the london explorer. Let me know if you guys end up booking the winter wanderer :)

• 13 Feb 2012 Ros_118 said

Ros_118

We both booked the Wanderer today!! So excited :) when’s your birthday? Think we figured out that Sarah will be celebrating in Barcelona :) can’t wait for October – 251 days and counting :)

• 13 Feb 2012 Jess01 said

Default_avatar

Awesome! Nov 1st so i think we’ll be in bacelona. Does Sarah have the same birthday? Love that you’ve got a countdown going already! It’s so far away but I’m already excited for it haha

• 13 Feb 2012 Bella91 said

Default_avatar

Hey, I finished this tour about a month ago! It was amazing. If you have any questions feel free to ask me!

• 13 Feb 2012 Ros_118 said

Ros_118

Yep you have the same birthday! Yay double celebration!!!! :)

• 15 Feb 2012 kardash24 said

Default_avatar

WINTER WANDERER WAS THE BEST TIME OF MY ABSOLUTE LIFE!!!!! please book it!

• 15 Feb 2012 Jen_au said

Jen_au

This tour is great, definietly do it!! I did it about 18 months ago and was the time of my life!!! I think it’s the longest Europe Winter tour Contiki have so you’ll see more places than the Vista! I didn’t find the London Expolorer would be worth it but you can book most London attractions through the Contiki Basement anyway for generally a lower price than at the door (plus you don’t have to line up!! :) )

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion