Community_discussions_small  

Question

European discovery April 26th 2012 anyone?

1 Feb 2012 Maybellina asked

Maybellina

Hello, I booked the tour for European discovery that starts on April 26th 2012...anyone else going on the same tour?

• 28 Mar 2012 Ali said

Ali

OOOh that makes sense. Thanks Carlene I’ll get in touch with her =).

• 29 Mar 2012 Maybellina said

Maybellina

Yeah, I booked the trip with Contiki so after I paid the whole trip, I got my package in less than a week :) I googled the hotels and they all seem pretty decent. Also, I dunno if u u guys are aware, but I was told by the contiki agent that our tour manager will collect cash only for all the excursions so s/he will start collecting the money either day 2 or 3. So, dun forget to have some cash with u and check out the excursions prior to the trip ;) The tour package is quite neat! It comes with a calling card and suggests other options if u would like to get in touch with family/friends. They also have the whole itinerary (of course) and in the travel booklet, it gives u tip about: the weather in different countries, what to pack, the size of the suitcase needed, answers the question about money and also how to get to the hotel after u landed in London from different airports and all the worth sightseeing places in different countries in Europe :)

• 29 Mar 2012 Maybellina said

Maybellina

I agree about the discussion board on this site…sometimes I dun even see the box to reply to the discussion and sometimes it will double or triple the posting or decide not to post at all LOL. Oh boy!

• 30 Mar 2012 Phil said

Phil

Package arrived yesterday :).

Lots of great stuff inside, I’ll have to read through it all on the weekend.

• 5 Apr 2012 Explorer1340611 said

Default_avatar

We all got the same package right?? little zipper up thing?? wallet like??
    its so cool you guys are going solo too, ive got to admit i thought i would be the only one, which would be horrifying!
    -kelley

• 6 Apr 2012 Maybellina said

Maybellina

Hey Kelly,
    Yes, that’s the exact package that I got :) Less than 3 weeks guys!!

• 6 Apr 2012 Carlene said

Carlene

i leave my house in 13 days…im getting nervous but also really really excited!!!!

• 6 Apr 2012 Carlene said

Carlene

does anyone have a copy of our itinerary in front of them? i’m at work right now and dont have access to mine, just need to confirm that the tour ends on the 9th….my trip hasnt updated in the contiki system yet so i cant check online but i need to check to make sure my hotels are booked for the right days

• 6 Apr 2012 Phil said

Phil

Hi Carlene,
    Ya, the tour ends May 9th. Early in the day if you’re ending in Paris, later on if you’re taking the trip back to London.

• 9 Apr 2012 Carlene said

Carlene

thanks so much! i just looked at all the optional tours that contiki offers and it adds up to roughly $500 canadian….but I really want to do them all…what are you all planning on? just a few of the optional excursions or are you going to try for them all?

• 9 Apr 2012 Phil said

Phil

That’s a hard one, I don’t think I will do them all — certain ones look like a lot of fun, others I start to think about what else the $$ could go towards or if I could do a bit of exploring on my own in that time. For the most part, I’m open minded, and will likely go with the flow. :)

One that’s a definite yes: White Water Rafting
    One that’s not very likely: Nouvelle Eve Dinner and Show (120 Euro makes it a tough choice)

How about you?

• 9 Apr 2012 Carlene said

Carlene

Im thinking the exact same thing….definite yes on the white water rafting…if its available with the weather which im thinking it will be….the 500 i totaled wasnt including the nouvelle eve dinner and show…not very likely for me either, just not that interested….

• 9 Apr 2012 Maybellina said

Maybellina

I dun think I will do all the excursions but most of them sounds interesting. It’s pretty difficult decision but I think I will pretty much go with the flow as well. But on the “What u wish u’ve known” discussion board, some travellers described their own experiences about certain excursions. One of them I heard that it was so so was the Nouvelle Eve Dinner & Show and the Tuscan dinner…they said the price we are paying is basically for the ambiance since the food was so so~

• 12 Apr 2012 Explorer1340611 said

Default_avatar

Hey Charlene
    i have that same problem, i cant check in online because their is some glitch in the system that they are at this point unable to fix i guess.
    just gotta wait till london i guess :P

• 20 Apr 2012 Joel said

Joel

Hey guys,

My name is Joel and I’ll be in the same tour with you! I’m flying with two other friends but going directly to Amsterdam so we will meet you guys there. We’re still wondering how we will meet up with the group but we are staying on the same hotel anyway in Amsterdam.

BTW, have you added the tour in your trips/bookings? You need to enter your booking reference number and then it should appear on your bookings. Then, we can all start talking in Meetup, it’s a Contiki blog where you can chat, share pictures. It would be awesome to post our shared pics there… I’m sure there’d be plenty! Right now, there are four of us in our tour Meetup.

See you guys there and see you in 8 days! Woot-woo!

• 20 Apr 2012 Maybellina said

Maybellina

I didn’t know about the meet up and I added the booking to my profile about a month ago. Thanks Joel! So I see that 8 people joined already but I dun think there are any discussion going on right?

• 20 Apr 2012 Maybellina said

Maybellina

I’ve been waiting for this trip since November and now 6 more days to go until the trip!!! So excited!! Gotta start packing soon Not my favorite part of the trip :P See u all very soon!

• 20 Apr 2012 Ali said

Ali

I didnt know either lol! Oh my goodness i know its so soon!!! I am flying out on the 24th so excited! I need to somehow pack and get ready for and write my last final all before i leave. See u guys soon!!!

• 23 Apr 2012 Carlene said

Carlene

MY FLIGHT LEAVES TODAY!!! i’m so excited/nervous/overwhelmed!!!! if any of you guys get to london and want to meet up facebook me or email me carleneutke@hotmail.com, i’ll have my laptop with me and i’d LOVE some company!!! CANT WAIT to see everyone!!!!!!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.